Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Quote Originally Posted by hfry View Post
    If they choose the Rose Rock proposal then they could easily develop the eastern section add any point. I don't buy the other proposal saying it would hurt their ability if their proposal isn't chosen because they have vested interest in selling their section.
    Exactly right.

The other parcel is privately owned and is not part of this RFP.

Russell has owned it for almost 5 years and has done nothing with it. He is merely looking to flip it and make a profit and that is not the concern of the city or the community in general.

The Rose Rock proposal fits best with the cbd. The video really helps to visual what the building would look like irl with its limestone cladding. I feel the Bomasada proposal just doesnt fit, aesthetic wise. I would say that residential apartment towers are the best way to go in the cbd. The bomasada proposal is just not cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    The Rose Rock proposal fits best with the cbd. The video really helps to visual what the building would look like irl with its limestone cladding. I feel the Bomasada proposal just doesnt fit, aesthetic wise. I would say that residential apartment towers are the best way to go in the cbd. The bomasada proposal is just not cutting it.
    There will probably never be a residential tower (more than 8-10 stories) built in the CBD, or at least not for a long time. The Bomsada proposal is best for what OKC citizens would want to pay to live downtown. If you build up, it would cost too much for the citizens of OKC to afford.

Here are the new renderings and animation for the Rose Rose proposal:

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRyan View Post
    They should combine the 2 into a tower with ground level retail, structured parking, offices, apartments/condos, and a rooftop garden. I’ll keep dreaming.
    This right here.

i love the partial street interaction... hate the parking exit being right at the light instead of it being even more street interaction the whole length.

I could be content with either, but I like the Rose Rock proposal quite a bit more. Mid-rise infill is what we need, and both qualify.

HangryHippo Guest

Apologies if I'm just missing it, but when is the city supposed to decide on this?

The rose rock proposal seems like the obvious choice here. Looks great and is the highest and best use of the OCURA land.

Bomasada could still develop a couple hundred apartments in between this and the railroad. A super block of not-the-fanciest-looking apartments doesnt need to be at this major intersection.

Right-click and open in a new window for larger images.

I for one like the Bomasada proposal & hope it gets chosen. We need more consistent housing closer to the CBD & this will bring active persons 24/7. I would rather the bank who will occupy the Rose Rock proposal absorb Class A office space in the CBD that is already available...

HangryHippo Guest

After seeing/learning more, I think I'd like the Rose Rock proposal to win this and for a version of the Bomasada proposal to go up on the land on the west side of Broadway between 4th and 5th.

Rose Rock get chosen. Bomasada revises their apartment proposal facing NW 4ths street. This would be ideal.

15. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Right-click and open in a new window for larger images.

The materials and setback are a hard NO for me. This design is not appropriate for the location whatsoever. Where is the street interaction? Where is the ground floor retail? Do the proposed materials even fit into what is suggested for this area? Looks like an apartment complex you can find in Anysuburb, USA.

Rose Rock hands down. Materials are better suited, there is retail along the entire complex, mixed use and community space, AND it leaves opportunity for the back half of the lot to be developed at a later time.

D. None of the above

They should turn down both of these proposals and sit on it for awhile if this is the best anyone can come up with. Both of these developments are just horrible, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    The materials and setback are a hard NO for me. This design is not appropriate for the location whatsoever. Where is the street interaction? Where is the ground floor retail? Do the proposed materials even fit into what is suggested for this area? Looks like an apartment complex you can find in Anysuburb, USA.

Rose Rock hands down. Materials are better suited, there is retail along the entire complex, mixed use and community space, AND it leaves opportunity for the back half of the lot to be developed at a later time.
    I agree plus that cut-out on 4th street is terrible for pedestrians trying to use the sidewalk. Hi, I know you're trying to walk past our faceless building but go ahead and take a detour by our leasing office or risk crossing two driveways and a small parking lot. Also, if they're not even going to try and put in retail, I feel like there should be at least an attempt for some ground floor apartments to have street facing entrances. The Level, The Lift, The Metropolitan, The Edge, and The Commons all seemed to have no problem doing that. (The Commons example below)

19. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

I’ve said this before but with the renderings - Rose Rock wins hands down!!! but I’d really like to see it with 6 or more floors of apartments on top, total height of 15+ floors.

Definitely not the Bombasada apartment block which could go elsewhere in Midtown or Deep Deuce.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
    D. None of the above
    I agree. Tulsa does way better in regards to design when it comes to developments like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I agree. Tulsa does way better in regards to design when it comes to developments like this.
    OKC is poor. Amirite?

Both designs are still conceptual, I am sure which ever proposal is chosen, the design would be modified. I wouldn't get so hung up on aesthetics at this point, still kinda early.

Pete, any idea as to what bank will be moving in there?

MidFirst has a location at 8th and Lincoln and closed their Park and Robinson location last June.
    BOK just opened at the bottom of their new tower.
    BancFirst will be at the bottom of the Cotter Ranch Tower.
    Chase redid their location across the street from this.
    BOA has a location in Leadership Square
    First United opened up a new location next to Red Prime.
    First Fidelity has a location at 6th and Broadway.
    Arvest has a location on Park.
    UMB has a location at Park and Robinson.
    IBC has a location on Park near Robinson.
    Prosperity is at 6th and Robinson.
    RCB Bank has a location at 6th and Broadway

Am I missing any that are downtown? Maybe it is someone new to the market?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Like the Rose Rock design. Probably the best use for the limited space.

It doesn't matter what you develop there; there's always going to be some criticism about various facets of the design & development. You could say this about everything we've built in OKC; it's not going to please those who critique developments under a microscope. This is a good thing to demand the highest & best use of a project. Glad we're going to get something built. Hope Rose Rock moves forward...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, any idea as to what bank will be moving in there?

MidFirst has a location at 8th and Lincoln and closed their Park and Robinson location last June.
    BOK just opened at the bottom of their new tower.
    BancFirst will be at the bottom of the Cotter Ranch Tower.
    Chase redid their location across the street from this.
    BOA has a location in Leadership Square
    First United opened up a new location next to Red Prime.
    First Fidelity has a location at 6th and Broadway.
    Arvest has a location on Park.
    UMB has a location at Park and Robinson.
    IBC has a location on Park near Robinson.
    Prosperity is at 6th and Robinson.
    RCB Bank has a location at 6th and Broadway

Am I missing any that are downtown? Maybe it is someone new to the market?
    I wouldn't be shocked if it is Watermark Bank, as they are trying to establish an OKC footprint.

https://newsok.com/article/5595013/n...-oklahoma-city

Thread Information