Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 33 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

Far North Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

In August of 2012, an LLC affiliated with SandRidge Energy purchased the 1.83 acres shown in yellow below from OPUBCO for $1.97 million.

We know from several good sources that LandRun Commercial (developers of The Rise) now has the property under contract.

This parcel is surrounded by land owned by the City of Oklahoma City (show in pink) and was once considered for the new headquarters of the Chamber of Commerce. Combined with the SandRidge property, this vacant site is over 3.4 acres; by way of comparison, the Stage Center site (for the proposed OG&E Tower) is 3.2 acres. No word yet on whether LandRun will acquire the City-owned property as well.

As we understand it, there are several concepts being evaluated for this property, with no firm development decisions as of yet.

Also, LandRun owns property at 6th & Broadway (shown in green) which is immediately adjacent to another key SandRidge property (blue). It has long been expected that the large lots SandRidge owns on Broadway would be developed into structured parking with retail/commercial space on the ground floors.

Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

This is a new article on a very important piece of downtown property, as it could serve to bridge together Deep Deuce, Automobile Alley and Midtown.

Blog Entries

Just because? Or are you prepping to tell us something we don't already know?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Just because? Or are you prepping to tell us something we don't already know?
    It's under contract to LandRun, which my guess would be something will happen soon.

If it truly is landrun, any hopes for a tower on this lot are out of the question.

They plan to develop the property and are working with an architect to evaluate alternatives.

hopefully this will put chase's redevelopment plans under more scrutiny. -M

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    hopefully this will put chase's redevelopment plans under more scrutiny. -M
    I thought Chase came out with a different design that was approved ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I thought Chase came out with a different design that was approved ?
    Not approved yet. Downtown Design Review Committee meets Sept. 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not approved yet. Downtown Design Review Committee meets Sept. 18th.
    Gottcha... I went and looked at the article from Aug 22 and it quoted Dick Tannenbaum saying he thought it would get approval from the board at the next meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    It's under contract to LandRun, which my guess would be something will happen soon.

If it truly is landrun, any hopes for a tower on this lot are out of the question.
    There's probably someone else involved with LandRun. LandRun also has a whole block on the other side of the YMCA/RED block..parcels that have typically been included with the EK Gaylord site in past development visions. Under contract just means they have a tentative development with maybe a few fallback options in place.

I've heard a local architecture firm has worked up preliminary plans for this site which include a 15-story residential tower, 10-story office structure, structured parking and some retail space.

I suspect they are working with the City to acquire the adjacent property they currently own.

Well that's already more world class than Rainey Williams.

I've heard a local architecture firm has worked up preliminary plans for this site which include a 15-story residential tower, 10-story office structure, structured parking and some retail space.

I suspect they are working with the City to acquire the adjacent property they currently own.
    I hope that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well that's already more world class than Rainey Williams.
    You don't know Rainey Williams.*

*That was the point.

Several months ago, in one of these threads when the rumor was starting on Main and Hudson, Steve had asked someone to add a large tower (conceptual drawing) at that site, then he also asked to have a 15 story residential tower placed at 4th & EK Gaylord.

It may be that a couple of different groups took a run at this property because I'm not 100% sure the development I described was for the LandRun group.

I know a local architecture firm made such a conceptual plan but not sure it was for the group that is now controlling the property.

A 15-story residential tower would an amazing development for OKC. How soon before we should know whether or not that is really in the cards?

18. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

It sure would be nice if the city would retain some green area dedicated to recreation during this rush toward a densified core. It was a major topic of the key note speaker, a former Vancouver city planner, at this years mayoral round table.

There's well over a thousand units and growing just east of the tracks and no public green space to use other than this sliver of grass. There's no community without communal area. Gonna need some urban parks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    It sure would be nice if the city would retain some green area dedicated to recreation during this rush toward a densified core. It was a major topic of the key note speaker, a former Vancouver city planner, at this years mayoral round table.

There's well over a thousand units and growing just east of the tracks and no public green space to use other than this sliver of grass. There's no community without communal area. Gonna need some urban parks guys.
    Good point. I agree, even if they are just small plazas with maybe an art piece as its center. OKC is lucky though to have a park like Myriad Gardens right in its CBD.

Hmmm, I think that's already being planned and you don't have to have a park every few blocks. Nobody expects that. The nearest park to me is about a mile away and I enjoy the walk to get there.

There's the pocket park in Deep Deuce, there's the Sandridge Commons and soon (?) to be opened Kerr Park (is that right?). Also, not really a very cheerful place, but there's the Memorial area which has plenty of open space. And the MBG is a short walk away. I've made the walk from 6th and Broadway to MBG and it's not a bad walk at all.

22. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

ya, I think OKC has more urban parks in downtown than we have in Seattle.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

23. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

But I also agree, any advice from Vancouver should be strongly considered/adopted.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

East of the Tracks:

NE corner of Oklahoma/3rd
    Block 42 Green space (not sure if they're hep on non residents hanging out there)
    The Canal (thought not green, it operates in the vein of being a public place people can congregate)

West of the Tracks:

MBG
    Centennial
    Memorial
    Kerr Park (under construction)
    Federal Building Lawn
    Devon Lawn

This is definitely not a locale where we need green space. This needs to the densest possible development we can muster for this lot. A 30+ story high rise would be ideal here, but we'll probably not get that.

I've been able to confirm that these plans were actually created for another developer who had been considering acquiring this property; not Land Run. For some reason that potential deal did not come together.

My understanding is that Land Run does not have any specific plans at this time.

Thread Information