|other=
    |
    |image=
    |
    [/template]
    Information & Latest News

8/13/14: Plans submitted for renovation
    5/22/14: Purchased for $600,000

Formerly home to LaFuente Prosthetics Center which is relocating to the old Merkel X-ray Building after it's purchase and renovation.
    Links

County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Default Re: 1116 N. Robinson

This building was recently sold to a local attorney and there are now plans to remove the ugly blue mansard and reveal/restore the historic facade.

This was the former home of LaFuente Prosthetics which bought the old Merkel X-Ray building which they are in the process of renovating.

The location is directly north of Frontline Church and directly across Robinson from the Guardian / Garage Burgers.

Should be a massive improvement to the area.

HangryHippo Guest

Excellent news! I've long hated that blue mansard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This building was recently sold to a local attorney and there are now plans to remove the ugly blue mansard and reveal/restore the historic facade.

This was the former home of LaFuente Prosthetics which bought the old Merkel X-Ray building which they are in the process of renovating.

The location is directly north of Frontline Church and directly across Robinson from the Guardian / Garage Burgers.

Should be a massive improvement to the area.
    Went to the Garage yesterday and was hoping to hear something about this soon. It looks awful over there.

What's the story on the building to the North of it?

Blog Entries

The flat-iron-ish building? I've wondered that as well. I presume you don't mean the one a little further to the north, which is the original first church of christ scientist...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    The flat-iron-ish building? I've wondered that as well. I presume you don't mean the one a little further to the north, which is the original first church of christ scientist...
    That is, perhaps, the most astute observation, encountered, to date, in connection with why and how in reality real progress occurs.
    Thank You.

7. Default Re: 1116 N. Robinson

Had lunch at Nic's today and he was telling everyone that a friend of his is the one renovating this building and they will be opening a restaurant and lounge at this location.

The restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch, & dinner and the lounge will be in the basement and will be open until 2 AM.

He was also training a guy today that will be running his food truck.

Thumbs up Re: 1116 N. Robinson

They took down the blue ugliness today. This is what was revealed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	9323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	9324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	9325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	9326

Much improved.

So do we know what will be here "officially"? Would love another place to eat if the restaurant/lounge is true!

How anyone ever that "modernizing" buildings like that was a good idea is beyond me. Great improvement.

Thanks so much! Wow, what a difference.

They will be replacing all the windows / storefront as well.

11. Default Re: 1116 N. Robinson

Hopefully the missing pilaster will be restored.

12. Default Re: 1116 N. Robinson

Based on the plans it appears that they will be relocating the front entry doors to that location.

Yes, and they'll be a metal canopy above the door.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    How anyone ever that "modernizing" buildings like that was a good idea is beyond me. Great improvement.
    I agree, but such was "stylish" and "trendy" in the 1970s and 80s. It will be interesting to see if one day those dated architectural fads now considered to be hideous become retro and cool again.

15. Default Re: 1116 N. Robinson

Cuatro is more qualified to say, but honestly after looking closely I think that MIGHT have actually been the historic configuration. It makes sense to the eye, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I agree, but such was "stylish" and "trendy" in the 1970s and 80s. It will be interesting to see if one day those dated architectural fads now considered to be hideous become retro and cool again.
    It was really the 50's and 60's where everything was made to look 'modern'; the post WW II boom in the U.S. that was all about new. At that time, the historic buildings were still too recent (but already looking dated) to be appreciated.

There is now a big push to save mid-century buildings that have until recently gone pretty unloved. Not these horrible updates but those structures built mainly in the 50's which are now old enough to have cycled back into appreciation. Same with homes.

Quote Originally Posted by mukkuu View Post
    They took down the blue ugliness today. This is what was revealed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	9323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	9324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	9325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	9326

Much improved.

So do we know what will be here "officially"? Would love another place to eat if the restaurant/lounge is true!
    That's remarkable, always hated this bldg before.

18. Default Re: 1116 N. Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Cuatro is more qualified to say, but honestly after looking closely I think that MIGHT have actually been the historic configuration. It makes sense to the eye, anyway.
    Upon further examination, I believe you're right. I didn't look at the elevations above before I posted. That feature is wider than the others and probably indicates an entrance.

Looks like whoever said the basement of this building would be a bar and that the main floor would be a restaurant was spot on:

Cool Renovation Underway at 1116 N Robinson Avenue | News OK

Anyone know additional details on what's being planned here?

Nic of Nic's is going to be in on this.

I'm a bit hazy on the details, but as I understood there will be a downstairs restaurant and an upstairs restaurant and maybe a store front on the ground level? Upstairs they'll serve a medium price point $10 - $20/person, and downstairs will be a little bit more upscale (I'm guessing like $20 to $35). They'll serve breakfast until 2:30 PM close and reopen at 5…The menu will be things that you can imagine Nic cooking.

They're aiming to be open in March.

I heard Nic of Nic's was going to be doing a breakfast/diner type concept in Midtown, is that not the case anymore, or is that a separate project?

That will be part of this development.

23. Default Re: 1116 N. Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Looks like whoever said the basement of this building would be a bar and that the main floor would be a restaurant was spot on:

Cool Renovation Underway at 1116 N Robinson Avenue | News OK

Anyone know additional details on what's being planned here?
    Well when I mentioned it back in early October I was repeating what Justin Nicholas was telling everyone that came in Nic's that day and he's usually a pretty reliable source about his restaurant. So I can't really take credit for it.

I was also in Nic's one day and a grill chef from Red Prime was sitting next to me. Justin was asking him a lot of questions and got his number. So I think his intention is for this place to be more upscale. Probably not Red Prime upscale but it's not going to be a diner.

Another comment I heard from Justin was that they would be serving higher end liquor in the lounge because they aren't trying to attract drunks. They are trying to attract people that appreciate a well made drink.

From Will. Can't wait to see the new storefront go in:

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I heard Nic of Nic's was going to be doing a breakfast/diner type concept in Midtown, is that not the case anymore, or is that a separate project?
    Since Nic's has done away with their breakfast, which was amazing, albeit about 3000 calories, I hope he does do some type of breakfast concept.

Thread Information