Far West NW 36th and Morgan Road

More housing:

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: NW 36th and Morgan Road

Any word on the developer, Pete?

Owner is Shaz Investments.

From Mustang to Piedmont - Massive housing developments in progress. This just adds to it.

South of Surrey Hills there are a couple of square miles if not more under construction.

What are the detention areas at the corners?

For a metro area with as much wide open land as OKC has, these developers really pack houses onto tiny lots with very little green space. I mean, I guess these are "starter" homes, but still, not a neighborhood I would want to live in ...

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    For a metro area with as much wide open land as OKC has, these developers really pack houses onto tiny lots with very little green space. I mean, I guess these are "starter" homes, but still, not a neighborhood I would want to live in ...
    I have never understood why people want to spend $200,000 on a home and have neighbors that are on top of you with little to no yard. I guess maybe if I have little kids I would feel different about it. I guess people like the community feel for them and fell it's safer but still give me a bit of a yard and neighbors not on top of me.

I think in areas like this it still makes sense to have some density. These houses won’t be on half an acre, but they will have yards. Not that much different than the neighborhoods in the core. And by the way, $200k isn’t buying you much of anything these days, let alone anything with a lot larger than a quarter acre.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    What are the detention areas at the corners?
    For storm water management.

I wonder why they needed the detention pond on the east. Couldn't they just dump directly into the lake? Isn't the lake essentially a giant detention pond?

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    I wonder why they needed the detention pond on the east. Couldn't they just dump directly into the lake? Isn't the lake essentially a giant detention pond?
    Development rules require X amount of water retention per SQ ft of rooftop / hard surface.

12. Default Re: NW 36th and Morgan Road

Do y'all know if the city has plans currently for the land between the skate park and this development? It seems like it'd be great to extend the park to that area. I've also been curious about fishing those ponds at the north end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    Do y'all know if the city has plans currently for the land between the skate park and this development? It seems like it'd be great to extend the park to that area. I've also been curious about fishing those ponds at the north end of it.
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...69#post1192069

That's even further North, I think they are talking about between the skate park and South of this one link on NW36th.

15. Default Re: NW 36th and Morgan Road

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That's even further North, I think they are talking about between the skate park and South of this one link on NW36th.
    You're right, I was asking about this bit that's (I believe) owned by the city.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	17305

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    You're right, I was asking about this bit that's (I believe) owned by the city.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	17305
    It is OKC Park property, as of now, there's no plans for additional park development.

Quote Originally Posted by dford2 View Post
    It is OKC Park property, as of now, there's no plans for additional park development.
    Just a fyi - the land to the west of this property, all the way to the turnpike, has been graded and roads being built and housing is under construction.

Thread Information