Thread: OG&E Energy Center

Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

2. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

Does that mean the fence is down now?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Does that mean the fence is down now?
    Not yet.

I think they are still protecting the sod.

Sorry, don't mean to make people think there's an update here. But I was looking through the renderings for BOK Park Plaza and it's extremely saddening to see what was being planned with just one or two of these planned towers.
    Downtown OKC was on the verge of really taking off, skyline speaking, with these along with BOK Park. I know there's always a chance in the future this will come back, and I hope it does, but it obviously won't be any time soon.

Of course I'm no expert nor am I in their field, but I hope they really assess things when the time comes back around. Where there may not be a need for two or four towers, hopefully they can settle with one that can address all of their wants and needs to stay safe but also make it worth the destruction of Stage Center and to help with OKC's stature.

OG&E is likely to acquire the Sandridge building and therefore I think this property will ultimately be sold to a developer.

Already forgot about the Sandridge properties. Thanks for the reminder.

This reminds me I saw that Clayco is now doing another project in the metro...

Building out some small property in Edmond, along Santa Fe or Kelly.

Will this property be named the Stage Center Memorial Gardens in the mean time?

Meanwhile, OG&E is looking to drastically increase access fees:

http://www.edmondsun.com/opinion/og-...7c3529f62.html

10. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This reminds me I saw that Clayco is now doing another project in the metro...

Building out some small property in Edmond, along Santa Fe or Kelly.
    Weokie Credit Union at 2nd & Kelly

(As a sidenote, they've closed the sidewalk during construction, with no alternative besides 'cross the street.' We really need to get the metro cities/planning departments to make protected alt. access mandatory if the sidewalk is closed for any amount of time.)

Weokie Credit Union is a little different that a 4 tall buildings plus retail and parking over a large downtown block.

Clayco was always way out of their depths with this project, and I had been told that from the outset -- just hoped it wasn't true.

Weokie Credit Union is a little different that a 4 tall buildings plus retail and parking over a large downtown block.

Clayco was always way out of their depths with this project, and I had been told that from the outset -- just hoped it wasn't true.
    If that's the case then everyone was sold a bill of goods. It appears that Clayco never had serious intentions of building that complex.

I think they and their partners wanted to make it happen but wanted/needed a ridiculous amount of public assistance and after there was push back on that, it all collapsed pretty quickly.

Thank you DDRC and Clayco.

15. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

and don't forget Reiney Williams. Just in case you didn't know.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Double the height of this original structure from 14-to-16 to a 28-32 story tower.

Should OG&E revisit their plans and concentrate on building one structure?

Why is this thread coming back?

I disagree. They have a 12-story student housing tower rising in Cleveland, with much larger projects in their portfolio. Large scale suburban office park is their bread and butter, and like any institutional developer, what really matters is the interest level of the REIT controlling the purse strings. Someone who's connected to Clayco clearly wants to park some cash in the OKC market.

Also can someone explain why we're blaming the outside developer who didn't get the project? We seem to do this a lot. Local home boy screws up a site he never had the capacity or wherewithal to develop to begin with, and now we're bad mouthing the team that did have the capacity but not the local connections to seal the deal.

Allow me to remind everyone, if you question that Rainey Whatshisface can do this project, then you don't know Rainey Whatshisface.

18. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

Sorry, posted an old link. Thought it was this year (one below)

http://m.newsok.com/article/5471968

The project is back to square 1 with no plan, no other tenant other than OG&E, no momentum.

And now that OG&E is no longer hiding behind Rainey Williams they will face a fair bit of public backlash when they try to build lavish new headquarters while also asking for rate increases.

This prop. needs to be sold to someone that wants to build there. If I remember right Milhaus or some other outfit was also bidding on this prop.

Sell property or build the tower or no price increase.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    This prop. needs to be sold to someone that wants to build there. If I remember right Milhaus or some other outfit was also bidding on this prop.

Agree with OKCRT, "OG&E needs to sh & it, or get off the pot."

If OG&E can provide better service & more jobs; to me this will justify a rate increase. OG&E use to be one of Oklahoma's top Fortune 500 companies. Right now, they are barely among the Fortune 1000 companies ranks in the 900s as they continue to slip.

ONE of Tulsa continues to maintain its presence among the Fortune 500 companies. Can someone tell us what in the hell happened to OG&E?

It probably wouldn't be that hard for someone to get someone to come along and buy the plot from OGE if they have plans for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post

You're correct. I believe they wanted to build one single tower, somewhere in the 15-20 floor range. Their proposal wasn't as robust as Milhaus, however, I don't believe theirs required as much TIF, either.

24. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

IIRC, Milhaus responded to a RFP for the southern portion of the block that would have been built alongside OG&E's new HQ. Of course Clayco's expanded plans came along as well.

Unfortunately, I believe it's been indicated that Milhaus has, for now, stepped away from OKC after LiFT. Which I still think is a huge bummer.

I wish they'd just sell this as well. Or if the city could attain it, couldn't OCURA issue another RFP at a right time? Am I correct in how that would work?

It appears to me that OGE saw that the area was going to get built up in the future and increase the price of the land. So they went ahead and bought that land at a decent price. If they could get their building built with the TIF they wanted, then okay. If not, then they've still got the land at the price they wanted and could sit on it until they decide what to do. That's the way it looks to me.

Thread Information