The Villas at Lake Lackmeyer.

Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lanez View Post
    Brutal

At some point, maybe the Canal could link to Lake Lackmeyer and then they could promote cruises on the Lake. This Lake Lackmeyer thing could really take off.

Post spring rains I might get to jet ski on it.

When does the jogging trail around the lake go in?

Blog Entries

Know that the Lake Lackmeyer comment is all in fun. LMAO!

Let's stop killing the messenger ; Steve does an outstanding job reporting the information given him.

He doesn't deserve the Lake Lackmeyer comments (It won't get the best of him); this is OG&E Springs. A temporary site for trailers while the BOK Park Plaza Tower is being constructed; much better alternative than closing off a street to park the trailers.

Needs a shed and breakfast.

2Lanez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Steve does an outstanding job reporting the information given him.
    Disagree. Steve was a cheerleader in this situation, as he often is, and not a journalist. Sure, Rainey is due blame too, but Rainey doesn't have a public duty. Steve Lackmeyer does.

I do like OG&E Springs better than Lake Lackmeyer, it puts the blame on a party that is much more responsible for this.

I was hoping for an urban noodling park.

12. Default Re: OG&E Energy Center

sickening, parkside construction trailers. Really World Class there, Rainey!

Something NO other city in the world has.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Did they pave it? WTF? Or is that gravel?

We all have been scammed! Has Rainey Williams made any public statements about this debacle?

OG&E should be forced to give this land away to anyone with a plan IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I don't know if it's worth getting worked up over the construction trailer parking surface. I think it is just going to be gravel while they use it as a construction staging site.

Yeah, I think actually paving it would be worse. That would feel far more permanent.

And parkside construction trailers are sickening? Really? Construction trailers happen everywhere, and I would bet they've been set up in other cities beside other parks an uncountable number of times before now.

Really people. This is not a great situation, but the hyperbole about it is kind of over the top.

^

The issue is the continued deception and general lack of honesty on the part of OG&E, Rainey Williams and everyone else involved in this debacle.

In January, they gave media interviews about how they are going to 'beautify' the property to deflect yet more outcry after making huge promises then completely and indefinitely halting all development. Shortly thereafter, plans are quietly filed to move on 7 construction trailers, gravel parking and tons of vehicles.

This, on top of countless other broken promises amid bait-and-switch tactics on ownership and other matters.

“It’s The Dismal Tide. It’s Not The One Thing.” - No Country for Old Men

Reporters/journalists should really, really, really contact Rainey Williams and OG&E and ask about this, repeatedly until they either say "no comment" (which they most likely will, which means they know they suck horribly for doing this, but won't ever admit it) or an explanation (which will probably never happen)... Call them out publicly on what kind of crap they did.

The most disheartening thing about this entire debacle is that Rainey Williams and OG&E are getting away with it scott-free. Nobody is holding them accountable and it seems like nobody other than a small minority even cares. Why isn't the local media asking tough questions?

From the original concept proposal by Rainey Williams until now, I can't think of any way this could have played out worse than it did.

I can tell you with a reasonable degree of certainty that in January, and before, and maybe even as late as February, JE Dunn was not planning on using the Stage Center site/OGE site for their construction trailers and parking. There was a transaction for a different location for JE Dunn to accommodate their employees parking, equipment staging and most of their construction management operations. They were in negotiations with another property owner to lease a different site a few blocks away. I was in fact on that site for a walk through with some of the folks involved about a month and a half ago. The use of the Stage Center site to my knowledge and belief was a very recent development. In recent I mean in the past few weeks. From what I know, in January or whenever it was OGE said they were going to beautify the site they meant it because JE Dunn was making preparation to do at the other site I reference what they are doing at the Stage Center site. They had an agreement for the other site months ago. Now, what Rainey Williams did and the other stuff...I have no info, but as for the use of the site as staging for JE Dunn...that was not in the plans a month or so ago.

^

That means after OG&E made the promise to beautify in January, they contracted with the construction company to allow this use.

It also means that JE Dunn already had worked out other arrangements for the trailers that would have been satisfactory if OG&E hadn't offered their property.

My point but more succinct. I don't know for certain, but my belief is that after the OG&E deal came off the rails...that JE Dunn may have reached out to OG&E about use of the property. It just makes sense for JE Dunn to use that property for staging and parking as opposed to the original site they had picked.

2Lanez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Reporters/journalists should really, really, really contact Rainey Williams and OG&E and ask about this
    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Why isn't the local media asking tough questions?
    Could this be the development to make Dallas and KC jealous?

What if we've finally found the Mystery Tower?

We could see as many as twelve towers rise from this site.

Could make for a very interesting play.

Maybe we still don't know Rainey Williams...

Is OG&E remodeling their old building?

Thread Information