Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151661 ... LastLast

Thread: OG&E Energy Center

Blog Entries

Default Re: South of Stage Center

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    To be fair, when a 12 story tower entered the discussion, it's hard to blame people for being disappointed. This looks great, though!
    Ah, but people don't understand the process and what goes on behind the scenes. Getting too high or too low before having REAL info is silly. This is a perfect example. You would be amazed at some of the stuff being talked about around here, grand things that won't happen. And then there are some good things I think will kind of come out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Time frame (start construction / finish construction):

OG&E Officer Tower: MAR 15 / APR 17
    North Residential: APR 15 / JUL 16

South Office Tower: JUL 15 / JUL 17
    South Residential: FEB 16 / JUL 17
    That a nice aggressive schedule. All four will be going up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Ah, but people don't understand the process and what goes on behind the scenes. Getting too high or too low before having REAL info is silly. This is a perfect example. You would be amazed at some of the stuff being talked about around here, grand things that won't happen. And then there are some good things I think will kind of come out of the blue.
    We also don't have any idea what role Rainey Williams played in all this.

4. Default Re: South of Stage Center

1000x this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    They're probably looking through their Brutalism textbooks and weeping now, but I'm sure they'll join the discussion soon.
    So, would we all agree that if this indeed comes to pass as shown that it is a better and higher use for the site than the old SC? Does this proposal justify the destruction? Serious question.

7. Default Re: South of Stage Center

Again with models shown on NW corner of Sheridan and Hudson. Very intriguing.

I love this and can't wait to watch this go up. But all this for just 80 million?

That is a pretty good size building there on Sheridan/Hudson....

Does the OG&E building take up the whole segment in yellow in the overview above and do the other buildings take up the red/pink area? How about the blue zone and attorney building at the bottom of the view? Also who determine which proposal wins out between Clayco or Milhaus?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    That a nice aggressive schedule. All four will be going up at the same time.
    Aggressive, yes!

Maybe we should say spring of 2018 to play it safe. We all know how construction goes in OKC.

12. Default Re: South of Stage Center

Maybe I missed it, but where does the $80 million figure come from? No way all of this is built for $80 million. I'd bet the whole complex would come in closer to $500 million, or even more.

So, would we all agree that if this indeed comes to pass as shown that it is a better and higher use for the site than the old SC? Does this proposal justify the destruction? Serious question.
    Oh hell yes it's better.....hands down. Think of the impact.

A 500'footer & a 300'ft tower @ Main & Hudson? Looks like the mystery tower thread is about to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but where does the $80 million figure come from? No way all of this is built for $80 million. I'd bet the whole complex would come in closer to $500 million, or even more.
    Just guessing that is probably the OGE HQ only.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We also don't have any idea what role Rainey Williams played in all this.
    Yes we do...he was the whipping boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Milhaus RFP is valued at $80MM.

Clayco is roughly $250MM for each block.

4 towers to the west of Devon will really help balance the skyline. Add a tall convention hotel out front and it would be awesome!

19. Default Re: South of Stage Center

I would agree, 100%, that it does.

These are from the Milhaus proposal... Remember, they only had 60 days to respond to the RFP where Clayco had been working on this well before:

Blog Entries

Makes you think the guys at 21C maybe had an inkling of what is happening in west downtown, doesn't it? Remember everyone scratching their heads as to why they chose where they did? Guess they weren't alone in thinking there is great development pressure there.

Blog Entries

Think about the gem that Myriad Gardens is about to become over the next 5-10 years. This, Devon, CC, CC Hotel, and a redeveloped Cox site that should attract something at least equally as impressive. Imagine coming out of a Thunder game to THAT view. WOW.

Makes you think the guys at 21C maybe had an inkling of what is happening in west downtown, doesn't it? Remember everyone scratching their heads as to why they chose where they did? Guess they weren't alone in thinking there is great development pressure there.
    Good point. Almost forgot about those guys.

Between this, 21C, the Main & and Hudson Tower, and the various housing projects about to come online, you can definitely see DT is growing west. This is about to be a hot little corner.

Think about the gem that Myriad Gardens is about to become over the next 5-10 years. This, Devon, CC, CC Hotel, and a redeveloped Cox site that should attract something at least equally as impressive. Imagine coming out of a Thunder game to THAT view. WOW.
    The Myriad Gardens has the potential to be the real central park of OKC with this development and then eventual private development of the CCC block.

Very interesting to me that Clayco proposal shows major redevelopment on the entire Preftakes block.

They went out of their way to show new buildings on that block, and it even shows the proposed Main/Hudson building at about the same scale (20-25 floors) that we've been hearing.

On the other hand, it also shows the old bus station completely gone and I don't think there is any chance of that happening:

Thread Information