Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Streetcar Route

Default Re: Streetcar Route

Probably 2016

If you want people to ride light rail and have it be feasible, you have to give a competitive edge.
    It has a huge competitive advantage, a few dollars per trip vs. having to buy a +$20,000 car, pay insurance, and still pay for gasoline when you want to use it. The average American pays more for a car (which gets traded in every 5 years) than an average Londoner spends on local transportation their whole life. If that is not a competitive advantage then I don't know what is.

So, 10 months later... Are we still looking at the same timelines and route? When should we reasonably expect to see the rails begin to be laid?

Blog Entries

2016 or 2017 I thought

2q 2016.

Blog Entries

So one year from now there will be tracks in the ground. I hope this holds. I want to be talking about how there's tracks in the ground in one year.

Edited the article at top of the page with the now official route.

What are the frequencies going to be? Every 15 minutes? That would put east Bricktown to Convenion Center/Myriad Gardens/Park on a 7 minute headway. Not bad.

Honestly not a huge fan of the one block dip before going north. My main complaint with the Portland Streetcar is how many turns it takes on the way to the South Waterfront district, all of the turns make it seem to take forever to travel. The less turns the better-- for both ransit times and map legibility.

First, I very much enjoyed this presentation. The streetcar is one of my favorite projects from the Maps 3 initiative and I am elated to see this come to fruition.

https://youtu.be/Vkq8sqGPiEg

But, even thOUgh I have seen a number of complaints on the embark Twitter page regarding Sunday service (lack thereof), and a few friends who I know have expressed concern abOUt this during focus grOUps and/or surveys, Jason Ferbache has not committed to providing Sunday service.

However, I am also encOUraged by the fact we are seriOUsly considering the option of advertising/marketing as operational revenue. Which may offset a hefty fare for the streetcar.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_on_mines View Post
    First, I very much enjoyed this presentation. The streetcar is one of my favorite projects from the Maps 3 initiative and I am elated to see this come to fruition.

https://youtu.be/Vkq8sqGPiEg

But, even thOUgh I have seen a number of complaints on the embark Twitter page regarding Sunday service (lack thereof), and a few friends who I know have expressed concern abOUt this during focus grOUps and/or surveys, Jason Ferbache has not committed to providing Sunday service.

However, I am also encOUraged by the fact we are seriOUsly considering the option of advertising/marketing as operational revenue. Which may offset a hefty fare for the streetcar.
    Please let go of the OU stuff, it makes it hard to take anything yOU post seriOUsly if yOU are over the age of abOUt 12.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
    Please let go of the OU stuff, it makes it hard to take anything yOU post seriOUsly if yOU are over the age of abOUt 12.

Thanks.
    The ignore list is your friend.

Welp! That's two in quite a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post

Thanks.
    I thought that typing like that was a little odd for an adult as well.

Blog Entries

Who knows what will happen in the end but there are supposedly other entities looking at ways that they could possibly help fund Sunday service for the streetcar.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Who knows what will happen in the end but there are supposedly other entities looking at ways that they could possibly help fund Sunday service for the streetcar.
    I have heard the same, and potentially funding the operation where it can be free, or cheaper to ride.

16. Default Re: Streetcar Route

Will the streetcar offer advertising on its vehicles? Stops? I'm sure this is being factored into operating costs already, but seems like a great source to help offset ridership fees.

I am ignorant on this topic, I admit...

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    Will the streetcar offer advertising on its vehicles? Stops? I'm sure this is being factored into operating costs already, but seems like a great source to help offset ridership fees.

I am ignorant on this topic, I admit...
    Yes. The border of the ceiling will have advertising spots, stops are a maybe. They probably won't advertise on the sides unless they really need funding because they're probably going to want to keep the streetcars clean at the beginning.

Thread Information