Widgets Magazine

Thread: Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport

Default Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport

Receiving a new pilots lounge amongst other upgrades which include a new terminal.

Here's a piece about the new lounge:

New lounge, term limits coming to airport
    Van Mitchell
    Special to The Sun

GUTHRIE — The Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport Board on Tuesday took one step closer to making a 24-hour pilots lounge at GERA a reality.

The board approved having Myers Engineering of Oklahoma City create engineering and design plans for the lounge that will be housed in an unfinished space at the GERA terminal at a cost of $5,300.

GERA manager Justin Heid said the lounge is estimated to cost $50,000 and will be split equally between the City of Guthrie and the City of Edmond.

Heid said the cost is higher due to additional electrical costs. He said the lounge will have a shower, bathroom and kitchenette for visiting pilots to use.

Edmond board member Rowland Denman suggested having a security camera system installed in the lounge which will be accessed only through a secure combination key pad code.

Heid said a local pilot’s group is working to raise money and furniture donations to decorate the lounge.

Board president Joe Underwood said he was looking forward to having the lounge added to the services available at GERA.

“We are on our way to building a lounge,” Underwood said.

In other matters, the board reviewed the five-year joint city airport agreement and the changes made to it including term limits. The agreement calls for board members to serve three-year terms with a three-term limit.

Guthrie City Attorney Randal Shadid said the term limits aren’t retroactive meaning that all current board members have the potential to serve additional three-year terms if reappointed once their current terms expire.

The new agreement would run July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2019. Both city councils will review the agreement later this month.

In his airport manager’s report, Heid told the board that work in the Northwest Development Area and the intersections of taxiways C&D are nearly finished with the anticipated completion date set for early August.

Heid said Guardian Air Patrol is working on their construction preparation and that electrical utilities have been provided to the hangar area starting June 1

- See more at: New lounge, term limits coming to airport » Local News » The Edmond Sun

2. Default Re: Edmond-Guthrie Regional Airport

Your airport name is backwards. It is Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport.

Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport, Oklahoma

Default Re: Edmond-Guthrie Regional Airport

I am a little surprised there is any association with Edmond, most of their population is closer to Willy Post for that type of flying.

Default Re: Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    Your airport name is backwards. It is Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport.

Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport, Oklahoma
    Oops.. thanks for that. Should've thought seeing as it's located in Guthrie

Fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I am a little surprised there is any association with Edmond, most of their population is closer to Willy Post for that type of flying.
    I believe the city of Edmond played a big part in the funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I believe the city of Edmond played a big part in the funding.
    I do not doubt that, it generally is indicated with the name change a few years ago. It just seems a bit odd to be getting involved with funding an airport when they did, since there is already a more developed and popular that can do the same role, which seems to have spare capacity that they do not need to contribute funding to a similar distance away. I guess to some degree their population in the north around i35 will almost surely grow over time, so will better serve that area but still seems like there would be other things that they could have spent the money on that would have a bigger impact.

Thread Information