Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just learned that Lifetime Fitness is in fact deep into negotiations with Chisholm Creek.

They may have a deal struck very soon.
    This would be amazing. Just thinking this was a possibility has made my week a lot nicer. Now when I have to pay their monthly bill it won't be as nice, but so worth it.

My guess is that it'll be a Platinum Club with a cost of ~$130-150 per month for a family. Tulsa's is a Gold, was $110 a month when I was still there.

This is the nice thing about this website, I stalk Life Time's news and stock reports like crazy and they generally don't announce a location until about 6 months out. I am guessing this one will be 18-24 months from now.

I doubt they will do this, but it would be really nice if they added a walking trail around this whole development. It'd be especially nice for the residential properties they plan to have, but it could also draw people to the development. Just think of how many people are on the Mitch Park trails on a nice day, and this area is more densely populated than around Mitch. It may also be a selling point for Life Time as they do weekly group runs and bike rides. The Tulsa Life Time would routinely make use of the Turnpike trail, especially for the bike rides.

BTW: Drove by today, they were hard at work on Top Flight, maybe about 30 or 40 cars out front of it. Looks like they are still putting in the water mains on the West side of the development. They've ran in power from Penn on the South side, unfortunately it is above ground :-/.

They did show trails in some of their materials.

Not sure if they are still part of the most recent plans.

Early on, they were promoting the connection to the "80-acre city park" as well. It' on the map just south of the fitness center site. Still makes sense for the rest of the development to have ways to walk throughout the development so people living and working there can get to any of the development without using their car.

TJ's is likely to have multiple locations in OKC.

You can almost count on one near Quail Springs at some point.
    No, they don't build two within 25-30 miles of each other. Cleveland only has two, on opposite ends of the metro (40 miles apart).

I could see them going to Norman instead, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    No, they don't build two within 25-30 miles of each other. Cleveland only has two, on opposite ends of the metro (40 miles apart).
    I don't think this is true. Charlotte has three locations, one on the south side, one downtown, and one on the north side. The locations are each about 7 miles apart. For OKC, I could see Nichols Hills, Norman, and maybe eventually Covell in north Edmond years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post

I could see them going to Norman instead, though.
    That is not true at all.

For instance. Vegas has multiple locations within the city limits of Vegas. San Antonio has two and they're just 8 miles apart and there are plans for up to five SA locations within the city. I could go on, with LA, Dallas, etc.

Just obtained this updated site plan and labeled the biggest changes:

Looking at the new site plan posted by Pete, there is a thin line of yellow dots. I think this is the "trail" layout, since it also shows the yellow dots around the city park. I traced it with yellow to make it more obvious. The big loop is probably right around 3 miles. Looks like it'll be pretty nice. Hopefully it is more than 3' sidewalk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trails.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	312.8 KB 
ID:	10206

I also noticed on the new site plan it looks like they are going to close in the creek bed on the west side. I think it'll have tennis courts on top of it. Edit: Never mind, I think the new plan is just cutting that off, but it still has room to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That is not true at all.

For instance. Vegas has multiple locations within the city limits of Vegas. San Antonio has two and they're just 8 miles apart and there are plans for up to five SA locations within the city. I could go on, with LA, Dallas, etc.
    There are exceptions to every rule, but beyond that 8 mile span in San Antonio, is there anywhere else that TJ's would really want to be? La Canterra is obvious, but other than that SA does not fit their mold anymore than OKC. Read: Not dissing SA, but there just isn't a southside "counterbalance" there.

As for 5 locations, I'm just going to have to take your word on that...lol. Notwithstanding, TJ's does see themselves as more of a "Destination Retailer" than WF. This is why they will go for multiple in Vegas or other "destination" cities.

Here is a site plan that shows the various trails:

Nice! It reminds me of a smaller version of The Village down in Allen/Fairview Texas.
    See the high-res view to see the hiking trails. Go here: http://i.imgur.com/oIUFTgl.png and click on the map.

Here is a site plan that shows the various trails:

Thanks! That'll be nice for when I move to that side of town.

Something else I thought of tonight that would be a nice get, would be a Buca di Beppo.

Has anyone else noticed while driving by the "frame" (concrete tilt up walls) of the Cabela's looks really tiny to be a decent-sized Cabela's?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Has anyone else noticed while driving by the "frame" (concrete tilt up walls) of the Cabela's looks really tiny to be a decent-sized Cabela's?
    Compared to their largest stores it is "tiny", but this is the standard size for any new store that they build.

Cabela's redesigned their floorplans and claim to have almost the same inventory in both stores sizes. The merchandise is arranged differently and most of the stuffed animals and other amusements are now displayed above the merchandise, not on the floor. It is part of the move away from massive box stores in the industry.

16. Default Re: Chisholm Creek

its still an impressive structure when you drive by it

Saw on their Instagram that the Saint Anthony healthplex is officially open.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    its still an impressive structure when you drive by it
    was not impressed, it looks like a Walmart Neighborhood Market thus far.

Of course, impressive can mean different things. Sometimes impressive just means size.

...and Bass Pro didnt? It's a shell of itself... come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    ...and Bass Pro didnt? It's a shell of itself... come on now.
    I'm glad its not a huge structure. It leaves room for other things. I think not getting Costco will turn out to be a positive for Chisholm Creek. Doesn't really fit the target demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I'm glad its not a huge structure. It leaves room for other things. I think not getting Costco will turn out to be a positive for Chisholm Creek. Doesn't really fit the target demographic.
    I am not sure I would say that. Costco would fit well into the center from what we know about it. I don't think not getting it will hurt however as long as the rest of the center is built according to the vision.

Anyone have any ideas if there are any plans for the land on the east side Western across from this developement. I was thinking that the corner would be a nice place for Costco and another similar style development.

Blog Entries

It has been considered by them.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I am not sure I would say that. Costco would fit well into the center from what we know about it. I don't think not getting it will hurt however as long as the rest of the center is built according to the vision.
    We will have to just disagree. I think its just a nicer Sam's Club. Its only special because there are zero in the city right now, but don't get me wrong it would still be nice if they built across Western.

Chisholm Creek would not be meeting its full potential if it became littered with big box stores.

Thread Information