Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm Creek

Default Re: Chisholm Creek

I haven't seen anything, but is there going to be any changes to Penn, Memorial, or Western to account for the additional traffic?

*I still think when they built the turnpike they positioned the off-ramps way too close to the intersections. I am a huge fan of the Texas system of exiting right after the intersection and driving 3/4 of a mile on the service road.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I haven't seen anything, but is there going to be any changes to Penn, Memorial, or Western to account for the additional traffic?

*I still think when they built the turnpike they positioned the off-ramps way too close to the intersections. I am a huge fan of the Texas system of exiting right after the intersection and driving 3/4 of a mile on the service road.
    Never formulated this thought well in my brain, but I totally agree. Exiting the turnpike on memorial and trying to get to the right lane is really dangerous. They should probably start the "Exit here for Chisolm Creek" signs at least at the May exit.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post

Their adding a right hand turning lane on Western and Memorial. The only thing else they could really do is a Texas turnaround on the other side of Penn and another Texas turnaround at Western.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Never formulated this thought well in my brain, but I totally agree. Exiting the turnpike on memorial and trying to get to the right lane is really dangerous. They should probably start the "Exit here for Chisolm Creek" signs at least at the May exit.
    I don't see a reason why they put the off ramp that close to the intersection. I think there is even less room to move over at the western off ramp.

It should be in their short term plans to switch up the on/off ramps at the very least for penn, may, and western. I don't remember where but there was an article where they asked some guy with the turnpike about the congestion and he said that due to the traffic people should exit a mile early that way they don't have get over a few lanes. At the time I was like sure, not a perfect solution but an easy short term fix but lately even doing that I get stuck having to turn or wasting 5 minutes trying to get through multiple lights for that extra mile.

I feel like a lot of traffic could be subsided if the lights at Memorial and Western were better timed. There will be a ton of people coming from memorial either way. The majority of people from Memorial eastbound (from Penn) will be turning into the center before the light. I would assume at some point in time a light will be installed on Western, south of Memorial, probably north of TopGolf. The people coming westbound on Memorial will have to turn south and sit through at least one light before going south and turning west. I agree that the traffic coming off the turnpike will be the worst since people will be trying to cross two lanes of traffic to get over. It will be like people exiting trying to turn south on Penn, but much, much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I feel like a lot of traffic could be subsided if the lights at Memorial and Western were better timed. There will be a ton of people coming from memorial either way. The majority of people from Memorial eastbound (from Penn) will be turning into the center before the light. I would assume at some point in time a light will be installed on Western, south of Memorial, probably north of TopGolf. The people coming westbound on Memorial will have to turn south and sit through at least one light before going south and turning west. I agree that the traffic coming off the turnpike will be the worst since people will be trying to cross two lanes of traffic to get over. It will be like people exiting trying to turn south on Penn, but much, much worse.
    I've been using Western northbound to go from work (Reno/Portland) to home (NW 164th/May) in the evenings due to the Parkway being horribly jammed up, and the lights at Memorial and Western don't appear to be very well synchronized (if at all) with the lights at Western/Turnpike. The traffic engineers in this city need to step up their game with some kind of sync-ing at quite a few intersections that are just clusterfukkkes (as RM would put it).

Kilpatrick service roads, Penn, May, and Western all need to be widened to six lanes. I would widen Penn to 8 lanes for 1/4 mile between Memorial and Quail Springs. I would sync the lights. Add dedicated turn lanes. Dedicated u turn at every single highway cross over. Reconfig the on/off ramps similar to the North Dallas Tollway north of 635.

That would solve traffic problems all the way. There will still be a back up during rush hour, but there is only so much you can do for rush hour traffic. The majority of road in North Dallas are six lanes, they are beautiful, have people walking along them, and a lot of them have lower traffic counts than our crappy four lane roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Kilpatrick service roads, Penn, May, and Western all need to be widened to six lanes. I would widen Penn to 8 lanes for 1/4 mile between Memorial and Quail Springs. I would sync the lights. Add dedicated turn lanes. Dedicated u turn at every single highway cross over. Reconfig the on/off ramps similar to the North Dallas Tollway north of 635.

That would solve traffic problems all the way. There will still be a back up during rush hour, but there is only so much you can do for rush hour traffic. The majority of road in North Dallas are six lanes, they are beautiful, have people walking along them, and a lot of them have lower traffic counts than our crappy four lane roads.
    This! Still will be crowded at rush hour, but being backed up onto the Turnpike isn't a good thing. That exit onto Western really should have been maybe a 1/4 mile farther back, though that might have put it to close to the bridge that goes across Kilpatrick by the Main Event and the other entrance to Chisholm Creek.

Also noted that they're putting up stop lights at that intersection in front of the Main Event. You know they'll need lights at the Chisholm Creek entrance too once it's open.

I am guessing that Chisholm Creek is upset that they did not land Trader Joes or REI.
    That is likely too close to 63rd & Western for them to open another location.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    I am guessing that Chisholm Creek is upset that they did not land Trader Joes or REI.
    Wan't there another rumored Whole Foods going in at CC? That would be the same distance, but maybe in a later stage.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    Highly doubt Cabelas would even allow another sporting goods store like Cabelas or that REI would even want to locate at Chisholm. And I think a larger grocery store is whats desired at Chisholm.

It seems from the development map that Chisholm Creek is looking for something bigger, size-wise, to go into their "grocery" location than the normal Trader Joes. I'm guessing a Whole Foods or Uptown Foods is more likely. And I'm sure they're happy enough to have the Cabela's. I doubt REI would have even wanted to go into the same development, as they're similar to Cabela's, even though they don't cater to exactly the same crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Bally's? This isn't 1987

If the layout is anything of a tease, it's a Lifetime Fitness, which would be amazeballs. Only sucks that it's not closer to my house if true.
    I agree that layout looks just like a Life Time Fitness. The tennis court help support that too. In their last few earnings called they have been talking up their (relatively small) tennis business and have said they were going to be including it with most new properties. The day it becomes official that it is a Life Time is the day I put a for sale sign on my house. Life Time is probably the biggest single thing I miss about Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    It seems from the development map that Chisholm Creek is looking for something bigger, size-wise, to go into their "grocery" location than the normal Trader Joes. I'm guessing a Whole Foods or Uptown Foods is more likely. And I'm sure they're happy enough to have the Cabela's. I doubt REI would have even wanted to go into the same development, as they're similar to Cabela's, even though they don't cater to exactly the same crowds.
    I way prefer REI to Cabela's, but I think Cabela's will get a lot more traffic than and REI. The vast majority of REI's I've been to have not had any nice development around them (i.e. they don't seem to draw other nice retail). The only REI I've been to (about 10) that was part of a nice shipping center was added long after the center was fully developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Construction should start soon.

They want to be complete by this time next year.
    Do you know when the "Health Club" is going to start construction? It really looks like a Life Time. From reading their stock reports it seems like they know their future sites about 2 years a head of time, but don't announce until they are less than a year out.

It sucks Trader Joe's is going down right next to Whole Foods. I certainly wouldn't put it there. This would be a much better location.

TJ's is likely to have multiple locations in OKC.

You can almost count on one near Quail Springs at some point.

Just learned that Lifetime Fitness is in fact deep into negotiations with Chisholm Creek.

They may have a deal struck very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    just learned that lifetime fitness is in fact deep into negotiations with chisholm creek.

They may have a deal struck very soon.
    it's happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some pictures I'll upload soon from this past weekend but construction is moving at a quick pace for everything it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    it's happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay lets see if i can do this right.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (10).jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	10181

Name:	image (9).jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	10182

Name:	image (7).jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	10183

Name:	image (8).jpeg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	10184

Name:	image (5).jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	10185

Name:	image (6).jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	10186

We have cabeals from the west and south side. Top golf. The start of the lake that you can see on the map and lastly the fairly large city park that is just to the south. I don't know if its a new park but I grew up in the area and had never seen it before.

Awesome! This will be a great development!!

The floodgates are open now. I bet Chisholm Creek will be full within five years. Hopefully we will see some of this new development spread north to the Western and Westbound Memorial interchange. Those two shopping strips on the corners badly need to be demolished and redeveloped.

I remember reading somewhere on here that West was closing their office that's been taking up the shopping center on the NW corner of Western and Memorial. That corner could be something nice with some new spit and polish and aggressive re-marketing

Thread Information