Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairfield Inn

Default Re: Core to Shore Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Not going to get too excited, probably just going to be another 4 story, stucco/brick hotel, with a lot of parking spaces, like all their other hotels.
    Just like I stated back in June, blah...

Default Re: Core to Shore Hotel (Fairfield Inn)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Right.

Very recently he had that property listed for sale.

Then suddenly, the signs come down and he applies for a demo permit and quickly produces plans for the largest hotel he could possibly place on that site. Keep in mind, there is no place for hotel guests to park. I suppose that only matters if he actually builds a hotel.

Also, I called him several times and he never returned my calls. Now all the sudden he's splashing out renderings when we still haven't seen anything on the Canopy Hotel that was announced months ago.

If the City does try to buy his land, he can now claim lost revenue in addition to the value of the land.

I agree, this timing is actually comical. I guess you could say he is smart, though.

I actually like the design. I know there are concerns as to how feasible that design on that site may be, but I like the picture.

"Welcome to Fairfield Inn!"

"Thanks. Uh, where should I park my car?"

"Oh, just drop your bags and then find a spot on the street -- there's plenty!"

At what point do we get enough hotels--or maybe too many?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePete View Post
    At what point do we get enough hotels--or maybe too many?
    By the park and by the new CC. This will be a huge success.

A parking garage will probably get built sometime in the future in that area. But clearly it is not there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Right.

Very recently he had that property listed for sale.

Then suddenly, the signs come down and he applies for a demo permit and quickly produces plans for the largest hotel he could possibly place on that site. Keep in mind, there is no place for hotel guests to park. I suppose that only matters if he actually builds a hotel.

Also, I called him several times and he never returned my calls. Now all the sudden he's splashing out renderings when we still haven't seen anything on the Canopy Hotel that was announced months ago.

If the City does try to buy his land, he can now claim lost revenue in addition to the value of the land.
    Bingo. The plans also look like the Staybridge. This was obviously just slapped together for some negotiating leverage and never intended to actually get built. His underwriters would want to see parking. Our design review also would supposedly not approve this jumbled mess...but who knows on that front.

9. Default Re: Core to Shore Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    By the park and by the new CC. This will be a huge success.
    Oh, was the site decision announced and I just missed it?

From what I have seen so far I like the proposed hotel. Some things could be better, and I am sure they will be in the final product. As for parking. I would have zero concern parking there. Downtown Memphis is orders of magnitude scarrier to park a car in than along streets with a clear view from almost everywhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Oh, was the site decision announced and I just missed it?
    Of course not. But it is the odds on favorite.

12. Default Re: Core to Shore Hotel (Fairfield Inn)

It is?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It is?
    Just my opinion. I don't have a vote on it or a seat on the committee.

Default Re: Fairfield Inn

OKCTalk - First hotel in Core to Shore area reveals design plans

The design calls for 42 on-site spaces, plus they plan valet parking as well.

Demolition of the building at this corner began early this morning.

Design is so generic... I was hoping everything that got built in the C2S area would have a more modern feel.

All these 5-story 100-120 room hotels in the downtown area... And they all look so similar.

No plans for floors 2-4? I realize they are likely just cookie cutter of each other, but would still be nice to see one of the cookies. If the cookies are going to be baked that is.

Here you go:

The design is unimpressive and a waste for what Core to Shore could represent. Get ready for the design standards of Lower Bricktown to extend to Core to Shore.

I'm not sure how fully brick and cast stone is mimicking LB. Sure it's a little generic, but it will still be a nice looking hotel that will not be an embarrassment.

I like it. It gets a JTF rating of 5 out of 5 on what I can see so far. I do wonder why in a state with 3 or 4 months of swiming weather why outdoor pools are built though. With that kind of investment I would enclose it and get year-round use out of it.

Appreciate that Pete. Was curious to how the rooms were allotted.

It's got more brick than several of the UPPER Bricktown hotels…

I agree that I would like to see modern architecture in the area…but that doesn't mean every building needs to be as such. Also consider that this will be next door to a large Brick building that, unless the CC ends up on this site, will likely be renovated at some point in the future.

I like it too. It is brick and cast stone, no EIFS. It fits in well with the International Harvester building next door. This is good infill - it isn't going to be the center of attention or be a district defining building, but it is quality development and looks very nice. If most of Core 2 Shore looks like this I'll be very happy.

Thread Information