Widgets Magazine

Thread: United Land Company?

Default United Land Company?

A friend out here in California has been approached by United Land Company for their mineral rights in a family-owned property.

Anyone know anything about them?

They office on Broadway Extension.

Default Re: United Land Company?

You can drive around western Payne County in the country, and at just about every intersection, in the the country, there are multiple signs at each intersection of people and companies wanting to buy mineral rights. Probably not 20 people in 10 square miles lives up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A friend out here in California has been approached by United Land Company for their mineral rights in a family-owned property.

Anyone know anything about them?

They office on Broadway Extension.
    Just your run of the mill land company. Can't say I've ever heard anything bad about them. They are likely working for one of the bigs of course. PM me the legal description and I might be able to look it up this evening.

I can help if needed, but need more detail. United is awful, btw. 10 bucks says their title info is bad...make sure your buddy strikes the warranty clause.

Make sure your buddy doesn't SELL his mineral rights.....there is a reason they want to buy.

This is a pretty good resource as far as forums go: Mineral Rights Forum - America?s conversation place for mineral owners

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    I can help if needed, but need more detail. United is awful, btw. 10 bucks says their title info is bad...make sure your buddy strikes the warranty clause.
    Definitely this if they choose to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Make sure your buddy doesn't SELL his mineral rights.....there is a reason they want to buy.
    It obviously depends on the price and his friend's age as to whether an immediate large payout or the option to lease with a reasonable up front bonus and chance of a long term payout will most benefit him/her, but generally I agree, better to lease.

Bellaboo,
    I second that. A man knocked on my MIL's door and offered her $9,000 for rights she had inherited from her dad. She thought about it and decided that if it was worth that much to him, what was it worth to her. Three months later she received a check for $12,000 for the startup/discovery, and she received almost $2,000 per month for about 5 years. It eventually trickled down to a small amount but look what she would have lost had she taken that offer.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post

Thread Information