Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sriracha Factory

Default Sriracha Factory

Texas is pulling out all the stops to bring the Sriracha Factory that California is fighting to Texas.

Texas 'Delegation' to Visit California Sriracha Factory - Sriracha Wire - Eater National

Texas is being agressive in many areas to bring jobs to their state. I wish we had as many thriving cities as they had to bring jobs to Oklahoma. This is one of many companies they are pursing from California.....

Toyota is another that is relocating their US operations to Texas from California.

Default Re: Sriracha Factory

I wonder if this is a tactic by huy fong to get the people in Irwindale to back off their "smell" litigation. Let's just hope whatever happens the sauce remains the same because I don't care to live in a world without that rooster sriracha.

^
    That's probably not too far off. Everything I've read is that they would likely stay or move to another city in CA because that's where their peppers are grown.

5. Default Re: Sriracha Factory

I wish Edmond would make the Purina plant put something on that plant. It's gross that for miles, you have to smell that nastiness like you're face has been shoved inside a dog food bag.

Sounds like Texas may get a plant but not the headquarters. That is a win for Texas.

I'm always amused at the NIMBY folks who also lament the loss of jobs and tax revenue when such nuisances are eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    I'm always amused at the NIMBY folks who also lament the loss of jobs and tax revenue when such nuisances are eliminated.
    I grew up in Ponca City. Driving back from a road trip, you could always smell when you got close, thanks to the refinery and associated industry there. No one in my family worked there, but Dad was sure to point out that the smell was the smell of a thriving town.

This artilce was written before the delegation even went to Califorina. It's not a sure thing they're staying in California. The title is based off of a opened ended statement the owner made.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    Sounds like Texas may get a plant but not the headquarters. That is a win for Texas.
    They trying to bring the HQ or a new plant to San Antonio and grow the peppers in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. I'm all for this, I love sriracha.

What does this have to do with OKC? Are they building a plant here too?

12. Default Re: Sriracha Factory

Nothing at all catch22.

FYI - Siracha keeps, I believe, 2 years worth of processed stock on hand. What that means is, even IF (which they haven't been) they were barred from processing the peppers, they can still make the sauce and then catch-up on the back stock later. But they were very clear that they are tied to the farmers of the peppers because of the delicate nature of the soil that is needed to grow them.

But like it's been said, the actual making of the sauce can go anywhere. But you obviously lose some freshness by doing that. If they would properly filter their exhaust (like Edmond's Purina SHOULD BE DOING), it wouldn't be an issue. Otherwise they'll run into the same problem in the next town...and those folks would be watching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    They don't want the good jobs, just the crappy ones, and the stink, and another chapter in the "Texas Miracle" story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    They don't want the good jobs, just the crappy ones, and the stink, and another chapter in the "Texas Miracle" story.
    Well, Texas wants all the jobs.

Whether it's the high paying type (Toyota's HQ to Dallas and Oracle opening a regional office in SA) or the manufacturing jobs they're going after (Telsa battery plant, Sriracha plant).

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Way to overlook all the other amazing job relocation's for one lower-paying plant. I'd gladly be happy if they were to relocate to OKC, would you not? Meanwhile, Texas is experience nearly uncontrollable growth while we get to sit in Oklahoma and watch our wonderful governor ban pretty much anything that OKC passed that would've been good for us, rake in the money from private prisons, lower taxes while cutting the budget because we're broke during an economic boom, and have ODOT build these sh*tty, outdated, clover leaf crap for our major interchanges.

Your transit department is still building clover leaf interchanges?!

Is the traffic demand not there to build four or five stack interchanges?

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    This artilce was written before the delegation even went to Califorina. It's not a sure thing they're staying in California. The title is based off of a opened ended statement the owner made.
    Everything I've read is Huy Fung is staying in CA. He seemed to leave open the door open for a future expansion in TX but they are also in the process of buying up more land in the San Joaquin Valley for pepper production so take it for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Your transit department is still building clover leaf interchanges?!

Is the traffic demand not there to build four or five stack interchanges?
    yeah... It's embarrassing. On one of our busiest, most dangerous interchanges(240/35), they are building half clover leaf half flyover- and wait it gets better... It won't be done until 2025!!!! We use the good ol pay as you go model because it's immoral to take out loans for road projects.

I'm not sure if any interchange could justify being a 5 stack here seeing as we don't have any HOV lanes yet or high enough traffic counts, but I could think pretty much every main highway interchange here could be a 4 stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Way to overlook all the other amazing job relocation's for one lower-paying plant. I'd gladly be happy if they were to relocate to OKC, would you not? Meanwhile, Texas is experience nearly uncontrollable growth while we get to sit in Oklahoma and watch our wonderful governor ban pretty much anything that OKC passed that would've been good for us, rake in the money from private prisons, lower taxes while cutting the budget because we're broke during an economic boom, and have ODOT build these sh*tty, outdated, clover leaf crap for our major interchanges.
    Well, if the above is what voters want then that's what they will get back in their faces when elections are decided in November. I already know I don't want the above crap once again right back in my face, so I'm not voting to reelect Gov. Fallin.

Hyperbole? I think if this was the case he would be fleeing a little further than Texas lol.

21. Default Re: Sriracha Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    yeah... It's embarrassing. On one of our busiest, most dangerous interchanges(240/35), they are building half clover leaf half flyover- and wait it gets better... It won't be done until 2025!!!! We use the good ol pay as you go model because it's immoral to take out loans for road projects.

I'm not sure if any interchange could justify being a 5 stack here seeing as we don't have any HOV lanes yet or high enough traffic counts, but I could think pretty much every main highway interchange here could be a 4 stack.
    That's not exactly telling the whole story. The new cloverleaf portions are for the low traffic ramps and they're going to be twice the size they are today. and they also don't sit next to each other in a cross-traffic flow either. So it's not a clover-leaf in the way you're making it sound. And that's the last portion of the interchange to work on. I think everyone would rather they finish 44/235 before they get cracking too hard on 240/35....especially those that drive through both interchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That's not exactly telling the whole story. The new cloverleaf portions are for the low traffic ramps and they're going to be twice the size they are today. and they also don't sit next to each other in a cross-traffic flow either. So it's not a clover-leaf in the way you're making it sound. And that's the last portion of the interchange to work on. I think everyone would rather they finish 44/235 before they get cracking too hard on 240/35....especially those that drive through both interchanges.
    doesn't matter. It is still an outdated technique and there is no reason we should be building cloverleaf designs on our main interchanges.

Thread Information