Widgets Magazine

Thread: 201 NW 23rd

Uptown/23rd 201 NW 23rd

201 NW 23rd
    sq. feet=4,672

Information & Latest News

7/28/14: Sellers reveals plans to convert property to renovated residential units.
    5/7/14: Ben Sellers revealed at the Mayor's Development Roundtable that he is in the process of acquiring this boarded-up property and converting it to retail / commercial. Sellers completely redeveloped 600 NW 23rd which is now the home to Pizza 23 and Orange Leaf.
    Links

County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201nw231.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	7755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201nw23a.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	7756  

Default Re: 201 NW 23rd

This is really a key property because it sits on the NW corner of 23rd & Robinson and is highly visible, especially when you approach from the east.

It sure would be nice to do something with the tire place on the NE corner.

HangryHippo Guest

Very exciting! It is quite rundown and it will be great to see it revitalized.

It will great to see this one and hopefully the one to the west of it also remodeled for retail. The county assessor lists Evelyn Ramsey as the owner and she has owned it since 2/19/2013. I assume she inherited it or something and didn't have the money to replace the boarded up windows and do proper maintenance. It will be nice to get it into the hand of someone with the resources to make it a functional, attractive property. Again, like it has been said, I hope the tire shop across the street and maybe the other two corners can be properly utilized. I am curious if the NIMBY's will be against this one?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I am curious if the NIMBY's will be against this one?
    This one is probably safe as it is on the north side of 23rd. Were it on the south, though, with no dedicated parking....THE HORROR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    This one is probably safe as it is on the north side of 23rd. Were it on the south, though, with no dedicated parking....THE HORROR!!!!
    Ah, but lest we forget the proposed music venue next to the Tower was opposed by the NIMBY's and that was on the north side. I know they are different because the amount of people going in and out is going to be much smaller than the music venue, but so was Guyutes and Daebak K.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Although it makes me wonder if they would be opposed a renovation and other use of the four-plexes just west of Shartel on the south side of 23rd, just west of Guyutes. There are four of them that could be renovated but back up to MP.

Ben Sellers -- the owner and developer of this property -- just told me that he had planned to acquire the surrounding property but was not able to do so, and therefore this project will be renovated as residential.

That's still a big win for the area, as it's a cool old building and very visible, especially as you approach from the east.

9. Default Re: 201 NW 23rd

This is good news for Heritage Hills, Mesta Park, Jefferson Park and Edgemere Park.

They are well underway now in renovating this six-plex into new apartments.

It's completely gutted now.

I will be going downtown for an event tonight. I will try to get some pics on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are well underway now in renovating this six-plex into new apartments.

It's completely gutted now.
    Glad to see that this former crack house will be coming back to life as a quality development. That place used to be pretty scary looking.

13. Default Re: 201 NW 23rd

I used to live at 24th and Robinson just north of here. These buildings attracted so much crime that my landlord launched a crusade against the property owner. She even went as far as hiring an off-duty cop to occasionally patrol this corner.

The guy that owned this building owned (and in a few cases) still owns several properties all over the innercity: paseo, j-park, military, etc. They were all painted that exact same pinkish-orange color and highly neglected. I've heard a few stories about his refusal to do any maintenance to the point where basically none of the properties were suitable for occupancy any longer.

Here's another one: Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet

I haven't heard a peep about this in a long time, but every time I drive by it looks like significant work has been done. Any deets?

This project is almost finished.

Since it had been abandoned for so long, OG&E would not restore electrical service without a new easement, so they had to stop for months to work that out.

Super sharp in person.

Thread Information