Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 LastLast

Thread: WinCo

Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    FFS still a USAA thread
    The lesson here is never get USAA members to start talking about the company. I've been barely keeping myself from chiming in.

Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Wow, I hope they seriously didn't say that for the reason. Like somebody said earlier, I hope prices fall on the same day.

Serious question, is merchant services that predatory? I thought they took maybe up to 3% of sales depending on vendor, and even the newer merchant services I thought took a higher average flat rate regardless of credit card vendor.
    I have a feeling part of this is not just to keep prices down but also stick it to the credit card companies who continue to raise fees and suck money from retailers. For grocery stores who historically operate on thin margins, credit card fees can be a huge issue. I really with these fees would get some anti-trust scrutiny.

Some gas stations are also doing this. For years they've offered cash discounts on Diesel and many operators are now using their app to link your bank account to bypass these interchange fees and pass the discount on to you. Just part of the ongoing interchange war. This is why everyone always wants you to use your app.

I mean, most grocery stores pass those CC fees on to customers as a mark-up. So this isn't a bad thing, if prices stay the same or go down.

It's like no one reads what Winco is actually doing. They are only going to take cash. They are only going to take checks. :Nilly:

6. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    It's like no one reads what Winco is actually doing. They are only going to take cash. They are only going to take checks. :Nilly:
    Reading is so 90's..... Assuming is the way to go these days!

Cash, checks, debit cards, EBT, WIC, and WinCo gift cards will all be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The lesson here is never get USAA members to start talking about the company. I've been barely keeping myself from chiming in.
    I had loved USAA but think I just had my final straw with them. Last year had scar and house hit by hailstorm. It took over 3 months to get them to agree my car was a total loss after their hired adjuster put the damage at $6000. Then had to get 2 additional adjusters out to get all damage at the house. They had some out of town contractors doing their adjusting. Been with them 25 years and had never had an issue.
    But recently got charged 2x for one fill up and they won’t refund the second charge. Customer service has gone way downhill.

Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I have a feeling part of this is not just to keep prices down but also stick it to the credit card companies who continue to raise fees and suck money from retailers. For grocery stores who historically operate on thin margins, credit card fees can be a huge issue. I really with these fees would get some anti-trust scrutiny.
    Outside of a few asian restaurants it doesn't prevent restaurants as a whole from doing this too, and they also supposedly run on thin margins. The figures I pulled, granted I haven't asked in awhile, for merchant services were all from small restaurants.

Dirt is moving at the N Penn location where Winco was supposed to go. Is it still going to be Winco?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Dirt is moving at the N Penn location where Winco was supposed to go. Is it still going to be Winco?
    Dick's House of Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wouldn't hate it HOWEVER, if a full service grocery store moved into the old Dick's Sporting Good, 60,000 square foot store in one of the busiest areas of OKC, also convenient for those on the north side of Memorial.

You can wish for a brick and mortar Kroger store. Would be nice if they tested the market with a store or two I guess it will just be wishful thinking.

Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had at a retailer.

Went Tuesday night about 8:30; 39th & Portland store was moderately busy. Took my time finding a bunch of little things and then went to checkout.

The entire self-checkout was closed and they had TWO checkouts open. No joke, there were at least 30 carts in each line; I've never seen anything remotely like it.

After standing there for 15 minutes with very little movement, I decided to bail but being a good person, I couldn't just leave a bunch of refrigerated items in a cart in the middle of the store. So, I put every single thing back.

How on earth do you let things get that bad in the first place? That is a massive store with tons of employees including several at the completely vacant customer service desk. As I was leaving, more people were coming in and the lines were just growing.

Spent probably 45 minutes there and left without getting a single thing I needed. Now, will just order through Kroger which I should have done in the first place.

Just an absolute disaster. Because I like the store I'll probably give them another chance but I'm so furious it's going to be a while.

I stopped shopping there last year. I hate our grocery store options. Pruett’s & Winco are a joke. Wish we had a Kroger or Publix.

16. Default Re: WinCo

Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had at a retailer.

Went Tuesday night about 8:30; 39th & Portland store was moderately busy. Took my time finding a bunch of little things and then went to checkout.

The entire self-checkout was closed and they had TWO checkouts open. No joke, there were at least 30 carts in each line; I've never seen anything remotely like it.

After standing there for 15 minutes with very little movement, I decided to bail but being a good person, I couldn't just leave a bunch of refrigerated items in a cart in the middle of the store. So, I put every single thing back.

How on earth do you let things get that bad in the first place? That is a massive store with tons of employees including several at the completely vacant customer service desk. As I was leaving, more people were coming in and the lines were just growing.

Spent probably 45 minutes there and left without getting a single thing I needed. Now, will just order through Kroger which I should have done in the first place.

Just an absolute disaster. Because I like the store I'll probably give them another chance but I'm so furious it's going to be a while.
    Sadly, our last trip there was only marginally better. We were able to get through the line and make our purchases, but the number of registers open was sadly lacking given how busy they were.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Sadly, our last trip there was only marginally better. We were able to get through the line and make our purchases, but the number of registers open was sadly lacking given how busy they were.
    I wonder if they close the self-checkout after a certain hour? What a complete cluster.

I just checked and everything I need is at Kroger for a $5 delivery fee.

The sad thing is that store was pretty busy, meaning people *want* to shop there. I just wrote to their customer service and basically told them what I posted above. They are lucky I took the time to give them feedback.

18. Default Re: WinCo

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I stopped shopping there last year. I hate our grocery store options. Pruett’s & Winco are a joke. Wish we had a Kroger or Publix.
    I stopped going to WinCo for the same reason. Busy store and 2 lines open. Wasn't worth it to me waiting in line that long. Very frustrating as a customer.

The thing about Winco is they have tons of employees there at all hours. Tons of people stocking and baking and working in the deli... I bet I saw at least 20 of them tonight.

And 2 flipping checkers and no self checkout. Just a horrendously poorly run store. Makes me angry because I really like the place and want to shop there.

If they are having such a hard time staffing their stores, they should cut back from 24/7 and concentrate the people they do have into hours when customers are actually shopping.

The OKC location is horribly run compared to the Midwest City and Moore locations, and I don’t understand why.

It amazes me that people still say they prefer stores like this after experiences like that. I almost never go anywhere but Homeland. The prices might be slightly higher for some things but the checkout is always a comparative breeze and the employees are super friendly. Plus. I like supporting them because they employee many people with some sort of handicap. Going to a store and going home without buying anything saves nothing.

The thing about Winco is they have tons of employees there at all hours. Tons of people stocking and baking and working in the deli... I bet I saw at least 20 of them tonight.

And 2 flipping checkers and no self checkout. Just a horrendously poorly run store. Makes me angry because I really like the place and want to shop there.

If they are having such a hard time staffing their stores, they should cut back from 24/7 and concentrate the people they do have into hours when customers are actually shopping.
    Sprouts is having this problem, but they do keep the self-checkout open. Went in one time and that's all there were, and no damn way was I going to scan a whole cart, mgr said they're having a hard time finding people to work and she opened a lane for me and eventually other people lined up behind me. Now they usually have only one checkout lane open (occasionally two) on a Sat afternoon, and tons of stockers, so her explanation doesn't really hold water - lots of employees all over the store and only *one* can check people out? And why the hell do they restock at probably the busiest shopping time/day of the week?

I went to Winco weekly for a couple years and had mostly positive experiences but the checkout was always an issue and the parking lot always felt a little sketchy. I recently switched over to Aldi and have been loving their options as well as their check out process which is usually quick. I would love to support Homeland because they are local and near my house but I just can't justify paying the prices that they have. I'll occasionally go to the 36th and Lincoln location if I need one or two items because it's small and rarely busy. I'm always blown away by how expensive some of their stuff is. One thing I really miss about living in Tulsa is shopping at Reasor's, though I haven't been since they were bought out so I'm not sure if they have changed. Would love to have a Crest in the core but it seems like they are only interested in building out in the suburbs.

Did you look for a manager to discuss the situation? Did you file a complaint with the store web site?

It always strikes me how much retailers will spend $$$ to attract new customers but not do a darn thing to retain existing customers.

And IMO it's absolutley not hard at all to find someone to work. If they want to pay next to nothing in wages it is hard to get someone to work..

Pay a decent wage and benefits and you'll have plenty of potential hires coming in the door.

Thread Information