Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 205 N Walnut

Default Re: 205 N Walnut

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    I assume the "future apartments" on the site plan are purely conceptual? Or is there anything in the works regarding apartments in that location? Could do some really cool/different things with that space.
    I'm not sure what that is all about.

Not even sure how those would be accessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm not sure what that is all about.

Not even sure how those would be accessed.
    I would think it would be from the ROW between the building and the parking garage. I would be curious where the people who live there would put their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I would think it would be from the ROW between the building and the parking garage. I would be curious where the people who live there would put their cars.
    I like the common area between the Garage, the Guardian apartments, and the offices on the back side of the Packard building and wonder if something similar could work here (though that's not what the renderings indicate). Clearly parking would be the issue, though.

Shared parking could make Aloft some extra revenue, and I'm sure there's 5-10 spaces to spare.

I find it interesting that not only are sliver parcels getting solid infill coverage whether they be in midtown or Deep Deuce, but also every developable parcel adjacent the old Rock Island tracks is getting quality infill. Soon the HSR-in-waiting ROW will be solidly bounded by dense development, calling the question of HSR is for real or not.

This is also a testament that the market is strong. Development pressure and policy are working together to concentrate density and infill in creative, pleasantly unforeseen ways. This is how an urban real estate market is supposed to function.

This property was purchased in February of 2017 for $654,000.
    $275,000 in January of 2016, to $654,000 inf February of 2017 is one hell of a jump.
    Does anyone know if anything happened between those two dates? I couldn't find any building permits. or notice a change from the street view.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    This property was purchased in February of 2017 for $654,000.
    $275,000 in January of 2016, to $654,000 inf February of 2017 is one hell of a jump.
    Does anyone know if anything happened between those two dates? I couldn't find any building permits. or notice a change from the street view.
    The new owner is a downtown architect.

The plans shared upstream were for the previous owner and they appear to be completely scrapped now.

There has been no movement here -- permits or otherwise -- since the change in ownership.

The new owner is a downtown architect.

The plans shared upstream were for the previous owner and they appear to be completely scrapped now.

There has been no movement here -- permits or otherwise -- since the change in ownership.
    If the property goes for sale I’d be interested in purchasing it if anyone has any info please contact me

Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I think a coffee shop would be a great fit. Every building doesn't have to be a bar or dinner restaurant, especially if we are building a neighborhood and not just a district. We need daytime uses to balance things out.
    It could honestly be both. A hell a lot places near my apartment in Guangzhou are coffee shop / bars. They also serve a few snacks so it could always be both.

https://insideretail.asia/2018/03/23...ifc-mall-menu/

This isn't the best example but plenty of smaller coffee shops double as bars and have a decent selection of beer's as well as mixed drinks. Obviously not like a bar that would have 16 beers on tap and a long list of mixed drinks and high end alcohol but a decent amount.

Default Re: Aloft Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine View Post
    It could honestly be both. A hell a lot places near my apartment in Guangzhou are coffee shop / bars. They also serve a few snacks so it could always be both.

https://insideretail.asia/2018/03/23...ifc-mall-menu/

This isn't the best example but plenty of smaller coffee shops double as bars and have a decent selection of beer's as well as mixed drinks. Obviously not like a bar that would have 16 beers on tap and a long list of mixed drinks and high end alcohol but a decent amount.
    Tulsa has a great coffee / cocktail bar that we visited on our last trip. Would love something similar in OKC.

https://www.hodges-bend.com/

I noticed on my walk this morning that there's a new Windstone Contruction banner hanging on the front of this property. Is there maybe, potentially, something moving forward here?

^

That's a homebuilding company that bought the property a while back.

Here is something from their FB page but there have been no plans filed:

Windstone Construction
    June 22 ·
    This project is still preliminary in concept, but we are very excited! Our Team of Builders, Architects, Engineers & Brokers are working closely with neighbors and local restauranteurs to find the perfect partners for the project we call: J Ford | Deep Deuce. This is part of our new quest for “Gentrification”! Stay tuned ��
    — in Deep Deuce District.

Thanks for finding that! I wish them luck at getting this moving forward. Would love to see this building put to good use, but time will tell

It looks like they plan to tear it down.

Ah ok. I was trying to figure out how that rendering matched with what existed there. Didn't give thought to it being a completely fresh start

It looks like they plan to tear it down.
    While I know this building isn't anything that special, it does have a sense of history... that old brick is beautiful. I wish they could figure out a plan where they keep it.

What an odd post on FB. What does "our new quest for “Gentrification”!" even mean?

Thread Information