Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uptown Theater

2Lanez Guest

Default Re: Uptown Theater

More great infill in Midtown.

More streetcar area TOD. Midtown is really going to be on fire once these breweries open and the streetcar is shuttling people from brewery to brewery and down to events/housing on the south side of downtown.

Now that the streetcar rails are starting to go down, I've been hearing lots of chatter about it. Lots of anticipation.

It should completely change the feel of downtown in many ways.

Midtown will be the biggest beneficiary. Finally connected within pedestrian distance of everything else downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Midtown will be the biggest beneficiary. Finally connected within pedestrian distance of everything else downtown.
    Unfortunately, the largest vacant property owner in the area is Midtown Renaissance and it seems they are scaling back on development plans for a while.

Well the problem for MidtownR is it still takes 6-12 months to absorb new retail space downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Unfortunately, the largest vacant property owner in the area is Midtown Renaissance and it seems they are scaling back on development plans for a while.
    And this is why I dont like seeing when they purchase more parcels, most recently the old Blvd Cafeteria property. While they do great work, them having most of the property isnt necessarily a good thing for new development, because there is only so much they can do at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    And this is why I dont like seeing when they purchase more parcels, most recently the old Blvd Cafeteria property. While they do great work, them having most of the property isnt necessarily a good thing for new development, because there is only so much they can do at a time.
    Most likely, they want to make sure that *they're* the owners of certain lots/properties, so they buy them now and possibly for less money now than they would cost later, and then they sit on them until they can do something with them.

Without MidtownR, I'm not sure there would even be a Midtown. I'd rather they sit on property, take it slow and do it right than end up with Deep Deuce 2.0 or more drive-up cash machines.

As far as I can tell, the urban OKC apartment market has basically come to a standstill and may end up in absorption mode for a bit.

From Steve: Market to open in former Midtown theater

The final piece to redeveloping the block that was once home to the only theater in Midtown is set with plans for a combined market and micro-restaurants.

The Pivot Project bought the former Uptown Theater and adjoining offices and retail at 1212 N Hudson Ave. last year.

They announced Resolution Legal Group will occupy a renovated and expanded two-story office annex on the north half of the block and then said a smaller retail shop on the south end will be expanded into a future home for Elk Valley Brewing Co.

Man, that sounds incredible- great location especially with the Elk Valley brewery going in next door.

This + 10th and Harvey are going to take Midtown to yet another new level.

Interior demolition has started. In the background is a Lingo Construction trailer.

Is the add on with subterranean parking going to start anytime soon or will that be after this phase?

If there is anything new, can you also provide updates on Full Moon Apartment and the outdoor diner? Are those moving forward at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is the add on with subterranean parking going to start anytime soon or will that be after this phase?

If there is anything new, can you also provide updates on Full Moon Apartment and the outdoor diner? Are those moving forward at all?
    I don't think the lot south of here is going to be developed any time soon.

Full Moon has yet to start (checked Sunday). The redevelopment of the old Foodies is still moving forward, just slowly. It will be operated by the same group that owns Hopscotch and who just took over Rockford, so they've had their hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think the lot south of here is going to be developed any time soon.

Full Moon has yet to start (checked Sunday). The redevelopment of the old Foodies is still moving forward, just slowly. It will be operated by the same group that owns Hopscotch and who just took over Rockford, so they've had their hands full.
    Is Elk Valley still building their brewery here?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Is Elk Valley still building their brewery here?
    Yes. Expanding that building on the south end.

Thank you for the updates! This will be a really cool area once these things are built. Not a lot of super large projects announced lately but there are tons of little super cool urban spots starting to pop around the city. This one, the 21C area, NW 8th and Shartel, NW 50th and Western, and NW 26th & Classen are all going to be cool areas with a fair amount of small development around them that will essentially transform the area. That isn’t including the CC area and Wheeler District.

Why is it called Uptowm when, essentially, it is in Midtown?

In the whole city, I think this is the project I'm most excited about right now. Development in Midtown should really expand with it and maybe we'll see something on the 10th and Hudson block.

If you look closely, you can see the plumbing stubs for the future Elk Valley Brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Why is it called Uptowm when, essentially, it is in Midtown?
    This project is going to set Midtown off! I can't wait! I also think the name may be bit confusing considering how much effort the businesses on 23rd have put into labeling their area "Uptown"

Thread Information