Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Uptown Theater

Default Re: Uptown Theater

I wish there wasn’t a parking lot going in on the south side of the brewery considering the location right next to a streetcar stop. I get that they need parking, but I would love to see that developed. It’s just too good of a location now.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I wish there wasn’t a parking lot going in on the south side of the brewery considering the location right next to a streetcar stop. I get that they need parking, but I would love to see that developed. It’s just too good of a location now.
    The longer term plan is for housing on that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The longer term plan is for housing on that lot.
    I like the longer term plan.

So the restaurant concept at the old foodies stand isn’t happening? What about Elliot’s project(full moon I think it’s called)?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So the restaurant concept at the old foodies stand isn’t happening? What about Elliot’s project(full moon I think it’s called)?
    The Pivot guys are seeking input for what to do with the Foodies building; it will be something, most likely a small restaurant of some sort.

I don't think Full Moon is going to happen. Too expensive to build for what they can get in rent.

Sad to hear about Full Moon. OKC needs more architecture like that. Oh well, in time it will come. So much other great things happening. Thank you for the update!

Blog Entries

I think I've seen a law office and a plant shop in this building recently but need to look again.

It's Plant People just to the north of the old theater entrance.

The law firm has the space on the north end and has been in there for a while.

9. Default Re: Uptown Theater

I've said it before and I'll say it again: what that Foodies stand really needs is a Korean Gyros joint.

^

It needs something.

Has been vacant for years and there is so much potential.

11. Default Re: Uptown Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Timtoomany View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: what that Foodies stand really needs is a Korean Gyros joint.
    I agree.... One that has bulgogi gyros like this place used to serve!

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4...oodiesmenu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I agree.... One that has bulgogi gyros like this place used to serve!

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4...oodiesmenu.jpg
    it was so so good ..

Blog Entries

This article notes that a taco restaurant will be moving in.

Development in Oklahoma City's Midtown: Offices replacing plans for hotel
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...ty/7417123001/

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

It needs something.

Has been vacant for years and there is so much potential.
    Who owns the space? I can't believe it's not a taqueria or even burger grill. Are they asking too much for rent?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Who owns the space? I can't believe it's not a taqueria or even burger grill. Are they asking too much for rent?
    The Pivot Project (which owns the Uptown Theater property) has a long-term lease on it but has done nothing for years.

I'm sure some of that is due to the pandemic but they had control well before that started and of course, there have been tons of new restaurants opening over the last several years.

Would be a killer spot for burritos, tacos or even falafel. Just so surprised it's still vacant.

This is the taco shop; only 400 square feet.

Elk Valley has permanently closed (at least in this space), per this tweet: https://twitter.com/winerev/status/1609394312294416385

Resolution Legal Group was in the north end of this project and will be moving to the new office building under construction just to the south, and it turn their old space will become a shared-work place. Other than a couple of small businesses along Hudson, I believe the theater space is still empty and of course Elk Valley Brewery recently closed their taproom.

Dayclub is the same operation that is in the Main Street Arcade which is also owned by the Pivot Project. The cafe they mention below will involve the conversion of what was Cafe Disco.

Press release:

Dayclub Modern Workspaces Expands to Midtown Oklahoma City

Oklahoma City, [August 8, 2023] - Dayclub Modern Workspaces, the premier coworking space and event venue in Oklahoma City, is excited to announce plans for its second location, Midtown Dayclub. The new space will provide an inspiring environment for entrepreneurs, businesses, and freelancers while fostering a community of connection, collaboration, and productivity. The Midtown location will also include a small event venue named “After Hours”, that will be available for bookings starting on October 1, 2023.

Downtown Dayclub, the existing flagship location situated at 629 W Main St, has thrived since its inception, garnering a loyal and diverse member base. It will continue to operate and serve as the heart of Dayclub Modern Workspaces. The Downtown location is also getting an expansion of its own, with 5,000 additional square feet currently under construction.

Founders established Dayclub Modern Workspaces with a vision to create an inclusive space for individuals from all backgrounds and industries who seek a professional and welcoming work environment. The success of Downtown Dayclub and its waitlisted status propelled the decision to expand and bring the Dayclub experience to Midtown Oklahoma City.

Midtown Dayclub will boast the same commitment to excellence as its Downtown counterpart, providing spacious, state-of-the-art facilities and an array of amenities that set it apart from other coworking spaces in the area. Members at any Dayclub location will have the privilege of accessing all facilities seamlessly, offering ultimate flexibility and convenience. This includes complimentary conference room bookings for members and the opportunity to work at any Dayclub location.

In addition to the coworking and event space expansion, Dayclub Modern Workspaces is thrilled to announce the opening of a Café at its Downtown location, scheduled to open in January 2024. The Café will offer a selection of coffee, pastries, and grab-and-go food items, complementing the workspace experience. Dayclub members will enjoy exclusive discounts at the Café, enhancing the sense of community and camaraderie within the Dayclub family.

As committed advocates of sustainability and community engagement, Dayclub Modern Workspaces actively participates in composting and recycling programs, as well as hosting food and coat drives during the winter months. With the Midtown location and the forthcoming Café, Dayclub continues to demonstrate its dedication to enriching the lives of its members and the local community.

For more information about Dayclub Modern Workspaces and its new Midtown location, please visit www.joindayclub.com.

About Dayclub Modern Workspaces:
    Dayclub Modern Workspaces is Oklahoma City's premier coworking space and event venue, providing professionals with a diverse and inspiring environment for productivity, collaboration, and success. Dayclub Modern Workspaces offers flexible solutions to suit various needs and budgets, reinforcing its reputation as the leading office space provider in Oklahoma City.

Thread Information