From Saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	12318

Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I never know where to post pictures of this random house.

Attachment 12110
    It's definitely part of the Maywood Brownstones complex, but is more "in the spirit of" than an additional brownstone.

I saw that there's a 'for sale' sign for the lots on the north and south side of NE 3rd between Central and Russell M Perry, between the apartment buildings.

4. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Aren't those ROW?

5. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

If not, I'd love to see those other lots in Dee Deuce developed.

If you really want to appreciate OKC's renaissance, take a look at this image of Deep Deuce in 1995.

Thinking about moving into the Deep Duece Apartments in a couple months. Anybody know anything about them, good or bad??

8. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    If you really want to appreciate OKC's renaissance, take a look at this image of Deep Deuce in 1995.

Yes. I love the timeline feature in Google Earth. I once created a GIF of Deep Deuce's evolution the past 20 years. It's really something to admire.

Does anyone remember when did the Deep Deuce Apartments began construction? Or when they opened? Thanks.

On edit: The Deep Deuce Apartments opened in 2001. I consider them to be the first step of Deep Deuce's transformation into the vibrant, urban neighborhood it is now. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by gman11695 View Post
    Thinking about moving into the Deep Duece Apartments in a couple months. Anybody know anything about them, good or bad??
    I lived there for four years when they opened. Couldn't beat the location and the apartments were brand new at the time. They have had management changes over the years, and have probably updated the units, but i cannot offer commentary about what they are like now.

10. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

I lived there about 7 months ago and lived in one of the brand new updated units. I really enjoyed my time there. No issues with management and the location was awesome.

11. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Does anyone know if any of these apartment complexes do short term leases? someone I know needs a place for 3 months during the summer for an internship. Thanks in advance

12. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

I believe so. I remember being offered a 1 month lease at the end of my term. They are also popular with military because of their flexibility with leases. I do know the 1 month lease option is significantly more expense.

I think Maywood does a six; you might check with them to see if they'll work with your friend on something shorter.

Definitely checkout Maywood or even DDA - I am sure they will work with you. The competition is rowdy in DD.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I believe so. I remember being offered a 1 month lease at the end of my term. They are also popular with military because of their flexibility with leases. I do know the 1 month lease option is significantly more expense.
    Just FYI the military doesn't need "flexible" leases. With orders they can break any lease with no penalty at any time. Per federal law

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

Can someone do a sliding before/after photo with this image? That would be cool to see.

17. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Just FYI the military doesn't need "flexible" leases. With orders they can break any lease with no penalty at any time. Per federal law
    ok

Did I miss an already proposed midrise development?

Nothing firm... 4th & EK Gaylord.

Long standing rumors about mid-rise residential / office.

I'd love to see something firm! Even something in the range of 4-6 stories (residential) is good infill.

I'm hearing more in the 15-18 range.

Hey, I'm one of those that likes height (I know, go ahead and set me on fire now), and think something in that range that could reach anywhere between 200-300 feet would look great and only add in another point to look at for all the people who are and will be living on the East side of town in BT, DD, etc. Hope it comes through, would be another great project to watch unfold and rise.

15 to 18 floors would be a fantastic addition there. It would fit in will with other buildings on that corner. As soon as a residential tower proves successful in OKC, it will convince banks to open up their wallets to finance more.

I think a tower like this one proposed for the Pearl District in Portland would go well on the 4th & EK Gaylord site. As a mixed use (residential/retail) 16 story tower, it seems to be in the same ballpark as what is being talked about.

Thread Information