Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 261

Thread: Deep Deuce District

  1. #201

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Does anyone have any info about the townhouse and separate residence being built on the west end of 3rd street, near the tracks? And is there another separate residence going between Maywood II and the townhouses along Oklahoma?
    Those are all private homes being built, two on 3rd and the other one between the brownstones and Maywood II.

  2. #202

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Really had a fun time at the DD Christmas Crawl last night.

    There were hundreds of people out, most in Christmas costumes or PJ's or other regalia and by the time we packed it in around 10:30, both WSKY and Slaughter's Hall were absolutely packed and pumping.

    As I commented to my friends, it's amazing to see this many people out in this district considering there was almost nothing here just a few short years ago.


  3. #203

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Really had a fun time at the DD Christmas Crawl last night.

    There were hundreds of people out, most in Christmas costumes or PJ's or other regalia and by the time we packed it in around 10:30, both WSKY and Slaughter's Hall were absolutely packed and pumping.

    As I commented to my friends, it's amazing to see this many people out in this district considering there was almost nothing here just a few short years ago.

    Came out for a little bit despite my cold between 10:30 and midnight and it was even more packed after this! Good crowd and a completely different event in terms of attendance from what it started as 3 (?) years ago when I first went. Some pretty funny costumes, too.

  4. #204

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Definitely they need to do this in the summer sometime.

  5. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Posted this in the wrong thread a second ago: I just noticed on Redfin two lots for sale on 3rd. I wonder if someone will end up building something similar to the firehouse home on 1st.

  6. #206

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Sign is getting ready to go up on the 2nd Street rail bridge.

    Will be a great gateway into the district and help to further define it:


  7. #207

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sign is getting ready to go up on the 2nd Street rail bridge.

    Will be a great gateway into the district and help to further define it:

    ^
    I agree! Can't wait to see it go up!

  8. #208

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Perfect. Maybe this will help cut down on the amount of people thinking I am speaking specifically of the Deep Deuce Apartments whenever I mention something being in Deep Deuce.

  9. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Perfect. Maybe this will help cut down on the amount of people thinking I am speaking specifically of the Deep Deuce Apartments whenever I mention something being in Deep Deuce.
    Ha, yes this gets very annoying. The sign looks great, can't wait to see it up. Now if they could just get the lighting under the bridge sorted out.

  10. #210

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    I saw some signs in Norman near campus earlier this week that said "Don't Deep Deuce My Neighborhood." Does anyone have an idea what that means?

  11. #211

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I saw some signs in Norman near campus earlier this week that said "Don't Deep Deuce My Neighborhood." Does anyone have an idea what that means?
    Probably an anti-gentrification sentiment.

  12. #212

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    I translate it as "don't crap on my lawn"

  13. #213

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Probably an anti-gentrification sentiment.
    Gentrification is bad in a lot of areas. Mainly big cities where people are pushed out because of it in areas around the core. I can give tons of examples of this in Los Angeles. Oklahoma City could use gentrification in a lot of areas, but gentrification is not always a good thing.

    In the Campus Corner case, I'd be for more gentrification though I'm not sure if it needs it. Some new urban infill to connect OU with downtown Norman would be great.

  14. #214

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    I wonder if the owners of the Deep Deuce apartments are wishing they could make the investment to turn all of their surface parking into underground parking and build more units. So much of that area is parking.

  15. #215

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Gentrification is bad in a lot of areas. Mainly big cities where people are pushed out because of it in areas around the core. I can give tons of examples of this in Los Angeles. Oklahoma City could use gentrification in a lot of areas, but gentrification is not always a good thing.

    In the Campus Corner case, I'd be for more gentrification though I'm not sure if it needs it. Some new urban infill to connect OU with downtown Norman would be great.
    I was pushed out of the Campus Corner area because of gentrification. My house/apartment thing was sold and the new owners raised rent up $100 every time a lease was up so that people would move out so he could fix it up and re-rent at twice as much. I liked the area, but it became a den of rich kids and mcmansions. So many houses around me got demolished and rebuilt as stupidly large, cheaply built luxury homes.

  16. #216

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    I was pushed out of the Campus Corner area because of gentrification. My house/apartment thing was sold and the new owners raised rent up $100 every time a lease was up so that people would move out so he could fix it up and re-rent at twice as much. I liked the area, but it became a den of rich kids and mcmansions. So many houses around me got demolished and rebuilt as stupidly large, cheaply built luxury homes.
    I hate when older homes get torn down and they overbuild the lot with something too large. It just looks out of place and dumb. And there's nothing wrong with those older homes if they're fixed up and kept nice.

  17. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sign is getting ready to go up on the 2nd Street rail bridge.

    Will be a great gateway into the district and help to further define it:

    Approved by Board of Adjustment today so sign should go up within the next couple of months.

  18. #218

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Approved by Board of Adjustment today so sign should go up within the next couple of months.
    Excellent.

    Will finally create a formal entry point to a very underrated urban district.

  19. Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Boutique Hotel Indigo with retail planned for Deep Deuce ($): http://www.oklahoman.com/login?refer...o_redirect=yes
    Any word on this? Still a go or has it flamed out?

  20. #220

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Any word on this? Still a go or has it flamed out?
    That story was almost a year ago and they haven't filed any sort of design plans.

    Perhaps they are waiting to first finish and open the Springhill Suites project.

  21. #221

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    This angle really shows the emerging density of Deuce Deuce and Bricktown.


  22. #222

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This angle really shows the emerging density of Deuce Deuce and Bricktown.

    Outstanding picture. Thanks for sharing.

  23. #223

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    So much better than the year 2000! Great pic, Pete!!

  24. #224

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Really needs some landscaping and trees tbh. I love the buildings but the entire area from that angle looks so bare.

  25. #225

    Default Re: Deep Deuce District

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This angle really shows the emerging density of Deuce Deuce and Bricktown.

    It's an amazing transformation. Look at the street view for that area in 2007/2008 and see how many of those lots were just bare. The apartment buildings weren't there, Aloft wasn't there, OKSea wasn't there. About the only thing that was in the area were the row houses on 3rd St.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Deep Deuce
    By icecold in forum General Food & Drink Topics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 03:49 PM
  2. Deep Deuce
    By positano in forum General Food & Drink Topics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
  3. Deep Deuce update
    By metro in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 09:17 AM
  4. Deep Deuce
    By Doug Loudenback in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 11:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO