Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baker Hughes to bring 475 new jobs to OKC

Default Re: Baker Hughes to bring 475 new jobs to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I'm curious why they didn't work to build a consolidated plant on the south side near their existing sites on Sooner/59th. There is ample room in the industrial complex on 240/air depot, and plenty land to buy near there as well. Going to the NW side for this seems weird to me.
    Typically different P&L's of a business do not operate out of the same place. Not a whole lot of cross functional work between the two so really no need to stay on the south if you find a better deal on land up north. If this facility of theirs is truly centrilift, it would be very unlikely they would want to build next door to GE AL since they are direct competitors and could monitor each others sites. Im sure there may be some legal issues coming from that as well.

Has anyone determined more of what will be going on at this site other than robotic motor manufacturing? Are they pulling resources from claremore to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by OSUPeterson View Post
    Typically different P&L's of a business do not operate out of the same place. Not a whole lot of cross functional work between the two so really no need to stay on the south if you find a better deal on land up north. If this facility of theirs is truly centrilift, it would be very unlikely they would want to build next door to GE AL since they are direct competitors and could monitor each others sites. Im sure there may be some legal issues coming from that as well.

Has anyone determined more of what will be going on at this site other than robotic motor manufacturing? Are they pulling resources from claremore to OKC?
    I assumed it is a different product line than Centrilift? The Claremore plant is a huge facility and they just opened a research center there so I doubt they are moving anyone. Baker Hughes has multiple smaller facilities across the state though that will likely be consolidated into this new plant in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I assumed it is a different product line than Centrilift? The Claremore plant is a huge facility and they just opened a research center there so I doubt they are moving anyone. Baker Hughes has multiple smaller facilities across the state though that will likely be consolidated into this new plant in OKC.
    Talked to some inteq guys today at the gym. Sounds like they are going to be consolidating alot of different facilities and groups into this center. I know the guys said they are going to move everyone from the inteq facility on 59th and sooner next to TAFB up to this site once its open. Im guessing they will sell there current site down there in MWC to GE next door who needs the space.

They did mention they have heard its going to be probably 2017/2018 before its actually built.

Thread Information