Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cummins Building

Bricktown3 Cummins Building

Larry Blackledge and Associate architects will present a proposal to the Bricktown Urban Design Committee for a 10-story office building next to Bricktown Ballpark.

The property has long been owned by the Cummins family and the building has been dubbed the Cummins Building.

Currently, there is a small office building on the .23 acres that was built in 1956 and the remainder is a surface parking lot.

Plans call for retail on the ground floor, office space on levels 3 through 8 and a restaurant and rooftop lounge on the 9th and 10th floors.

The building would offer commanding views of the downtown skyline to the west and the ballpark to the south.

The committee will receive the proposal at its next meeting on September 9th.

Default Re: Cummins Building

This is awesome! I hate that parking lot there.

Great! I'd love to see surface lots like that in Bricktown go to developments like this.

Would patrons park in the structure next to it?

Wow, great to see quality infill like this happening in Bricktown.

Hot damn, that looks fantastic. I like the dark top as a bit of a contrast to the hotels on the other side of the parking garage.

Mid-rise infill like this is exactly what we need more of.

Wow, this looks great! Seems like a slam-dunk to me! At 10 stories tall, this would be about the same height as the Hilton Garden Inn just down the street, I assume?

8. Default Re: Cummins Building

already better than OGE development

Well that's badass.

Keep in mind this would exceed Bricktown height restrictions and will need to get a variance if/when it gets that far.

But, that is likely coming for the proposed development on the Bodyworks site and perhaps elsewhere, like the Canopy Hotel.

Holy cow.

I have to ask though, who are the offices for? Seems kind of risky right now.

Although tall, it will be a relatively slim building with not a ton of square footage.

And keep in mind this would not be open for tenants for at least 2 years.

that parking lot was worthless anyhow. any parking that requires a guide for each spot is trash.

But this would ruin the view from pink parrot you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Although tall, it will be a relatively slim building with not a ton of square footage.

And keep in mind this would not be open for tenants for at least 2 years.
    It's small without a lot of square footage, but its great urban design and will completely transform the intersection.

This will be great.

I'm just hoping people wont gripe about demolishing the structure that's currently on it. I want to say I'm joking but I'm not.

Blog Entries

Love it. MOAR plz.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Holy cow.

I have to ask though, who are the offices for? Seems kind of risky right now.
    No worries at this time, there could be state agencies that were temporarily displaced from FNC that may end up there. It's a long ways off.

Very nice development !

Blog Entries

Great design on a key corner. This will completely change the feel of BT visually when you come over the bridge from the north. Do the same thing on the Tap Works corner and it really would be dynamite. Sheridan is clearly becoming our most complete urban street when considering everything happening along it from Classen to 235.

Blog Entries

Time to change it back to "Grand Avenue"?

(mostly not serious. but not entirely.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Time to change it back to "Grand Avenue"?
    I would vote for that.

Love it love it love it. The views of downtown from the lounge area are going to be the best in the city.

The architecture is like a bricktown play on whatever the architecture style of the Skirvin is.

The only thing that is sad about this development is that it is super unique…i.e. there are not more developments like it.

I tell you what…the Bricktown Ballpark seems to have a real pull with these developers to inhibit views into the ballpark.

This is out of nowhere. A+

Love to see the parking lots in BT disappearing. Now if they could start on that Canopy hotel...

Looks great.. glad to see the rooftop lounge. those other hotels east of it really missed the boat in my opinion with no balconies facing the ball park and no rooftop usage. this will look great.

I love everything about this! Would like to see buildings along this type go up around the new park too!

Thread Information