Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OU football 2014

Default Re: OU football 2014

This one is so easy. Kick him off the team. There's no excuse for what he did. I don't care what she said to him. Words and fists are 2 different things. If Stoops keeps this kid he loses all credibility in the real world.

It seems to me that the BIGX11 conference as a whole is trying the winning at all costs tactics to try and stay up with the other power conferences. Take a look at what kind of crap has been going on within this conference. Boren needs to step in here and overide Stoops because if Stoops can find any way/loophole to keep this kid he will. Look at what they are trying to do with DGB. Big Game boob is trying to win at all costs. He has no morals. I hope he goes down in flames because he is digging his own grave.

It's pitiful that some people are trying to make the girl into some kind of criminal that deserved to get her face broken and possibly scarred for life. It makes me sick that the University has not come out against this Mixon kid and kicked him out of school. Does anyone have any morals? What is this world coming to.

Again, people are making judgements without having all of the facts. That's what the world is coming to.

Oklahoma football: Surveillance video in Joe Mixon investigation likely won't be released soon | News OK

Police have said they are not prepared to release the tape due to its “evidentiary value” as the investigation into the incident continues.

Barring a leak of the tape, it likely wouldn’t be viewed by the public until a preliminary hearing or a trial if there are eventually charges filed in the case.

It could also be released if Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn declines to file charges in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    This one is so easy. Kick him off the team. There's no excuse for what he did. I don't care what she said to him. Words and fists are 2 different things. If Stoops keeps this kid he loses all credibility in the real world.

It seems to me that the BIGX11 conference as a whole is trying the winning at all costs tactics to try and stay up with the other power conferences. Take a look at what kind of crap has been going on within this conference. Boren needs to step in here and overide Stoops because if Stoops can find any way/loophole to keep this kid he will. Look at what they are trying to do with DGB. Big Game boob is trying to win at all costs. He has no morals. I hope he goes down in flames because he is digging his own grave.

It's pitiful that some people are trying to make the girl into some kind of criminal that deserved to get her face broken and possibly scarred for life. It makes me sick that the University has not come out against this Mixon kid and kicked him out of school. Does anyone have any morals? What is this world coming to.
    How about we wait until there's some evidence before we make any decision? Once upon a time you'd have been a member of a lynch mob with this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Dan, With all due respect, if I can't write what I wrote in this thread, discussing this very issue, where can I write it? The young woman says, and the police report seems to confirm, she had broken bones in her face. She said it was Joe Mixon. Maybe he didn't do it. I even said in my post, "No, not all blacks, maybe not even Mixon, but it is a serious problem in the black community." It is. It is widely discussed.

May I quote Charlie Strong, coach of the Longhorns:

"They break a core value, they're telling me they don't want to be a part of the program."

What are those core values?

1. Honesty
    2. Treating women with respect
    3. No drugs
    4. No stealing
    5. No guns

Strong has said it's a problem in the black community. Al Sharpton (!) has said the same. The root is the fatherless homes - 70% among blacks. These are real issues, real problems, whether we like to discuss them or not. They are not stereotypical, they are all too typical. It is, I would argue, the elephant in the room in many college football programs today. Some are willing to talk about it and acknowledge it, others want to pretend it's not happening and act outraged that someone dare bring it up.
    A couple questions. First, do you have links to Strong's discussion of problems within the black community? I haven't read his comments. Also, are Strong's core values only intended for black players on his team? Or are his core rules also intended for the white players on the team? Secondly, what exactly do you think about Mixon's black experience contributed to the alleged incident? Could you be more specific as to why you believe Joe's race is the primary concern and/or explanation for this incident? I'm honestly asking.

I am not claiming that there are not issues in the black community or that they should not be discussed (although I'm not sure how qualified I am to assess these issues in any accurate way). I think using this incident concerning a single 18 year old as a jumping off point for that discussion is problematic. Is violence against women a problem particular to black males? Is race the primary factor or is a factor like poverty a better indicator? This is a pretty big discussion and I guess I don't think the OU football thread seems the best place to really delve into such a complex sociological issue. Maybe we could examine these questions in a different thread because I suspect we'll get pretty far off topic...

What if the girl was yelling at him, spitting on him and hitting him and he simply pushes her away from him, she was so drunk that she fell and hit her face and broke the bones. Then does he deserve to get kicked off the team? I agree with the others: wait until all the facts are presented.

What if she's lying about the broken bones?

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    I read somewhere that she had a 4 hour surgery for fracture repair yesterday. The picture I saw of her on the news did not show any cuts to her face though. Just brusing on her right cheek.

In the FWIW category, and writing as a frequent wearer of many different oh so awesome looking casts in various locations on my body throughout my younger days, I promise you that it is not at all necessary to have cuts accompany one's broken bones. Indeed, it's very, very rare in simple fractures.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    No person (woman or man) deserves to have his/her face broken.

I've taught my daughter to never put herself in a man's place. My boys, I've taught them to walk away--as I was taught. Society should never condone the right for anyone to strike another. Women should never feel that they have a right to strike a man; you will never know the outcome because there are so many concerns (mental: emotionally disturbed) that people have today.

I was brought up with the belief that you don't hit a woman no matter what. 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...' Women should never feel that they have an entitlement to strike a male or another female without consequences.

You can only keep turning the other cheek before someone catches you off guard and you react in an undisciplined manner...

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.
    Good thing you don't work for ESPN or you would be taking an unpaid vacation right about now. Protecting yourself by avoiding trouble is now "blaming the victim".

There was an altercation in a Norman establishment. Someone, or more than one someone, is responsible for the harm caused in that altercation. One's day time pursuits do not change what took place that night

Given my line of work, I agree it is helpful for facts to be known.

In most circumstances, if someone makes a complaint to police of an assault on a woman, if there is any sign of physical contact an arrest occurs fairly rapidly. This is particularly true if the alleged assailant is bubba brick layer, joe the plumber or tommy the techie.
    But also in keeping with fairness, most such folk do not quickly seek out counsel. Inserting counsel between law enforcement and a person of interest to them is not something that is improper. Indeed it is something more people ought to do.

If there is evidence to support charges, it is more likely than not that charges will be brought.
    Unfortunately, the investigation is already being marred, if I understood the report last night, by false witnesses coming forward. Those folk, irrespective of whom they think they are helping, could find themselves facing their own charges in making false reports. I have no truck with that. The judicial system has no need for testiliars.

If a muscled up person, athlete or no, clocks an annoying patron of significantly smaller size, charges will likely follow, unless the smaller person presented a clear threat such as brandishing a weapon.

If an intoxicated person lunged at someone and was deflected or missed outright, the existence of a broken bone or bones may not support a charge against anyone but the person with a broken bone.

I was not there. I have no specific facts. I am not alone in that.

There is one thing of which I am presently convinced. His status as a ball player means nothing to me regarding this incident. Nor should it to the police. Nor should it to the prosecution. Nor to the public at large. And yes, I know some will disagree. More's the pity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Good thing you don't work for ESPN or you would be taking an unpaid vacation right about now. Protecting yourself by avoiding trouble is now "blaming the victim".
    Thanks dude,

Don't go there with me...

Where did I blame the victim? You need some bifocals...

Sounds like you got caught off guard...

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

If there was a drunk girl that was calling me names and spit on me I would break her face with my fist. I will say it was self defense.

I would be charged with assault and battery and be in the jail house.

If a drunk man started calling me names and spit on me I would break his face with my fist. I will claim self defense.

Or do we live in a new World order where we can assault another person if they call us a name or spit on us? Is this how it's going to be from now on?

This is why OU has to kick this kid out. I guess he thinks what he did was OK. Maybe it is with Stoops. It was in the case with DGB so it prob is with Mixon as well. I am not surprised that some at OU are trying to sweep this under the rug but what is the DA doing? I think it come down to politics which is really sad.

If you can go into the crowd to punch a 65 year old man for heckling you and play in a few week....

If there was a drunk girl that was calling me names and spit on me I would break her face with my fist. I will say it was self defense.

If a drunk man started calling me names and spit on me I would break his face with my fist. I will claim self defense.

Or do we live in a new World order where we can assault another person if they call us a name or spit on us? Is this how it's going to be from now on?

This is why OU has to kick this kid out. I guess he thinks what he did was OK. Maybe it is with Stoops. It was in the case with DGB so it prob is with Mixon as well. I am not surprised that some at OU are trying to sweep this under the rug but what is the DA doing? I think it come down to politics which is really sad.
    Once again someone is making a judgement based on guessing instead of facts. OU hasn't just been sitting on their hands entirely though.

Oklahoma football: Joe Mixon will not report for team activities while under investigation | NewsOK.com

“Joe Mixon is not reporting for team activities at this time,” a statement from the OU athletics department read. “We will continue to monitor the situation.”

If drunk person punches you and you punch them back, generally drunk person goes to jail. Spitting on someone is an assault. You have the right to defend yourself from it.

The DA will make a decision based upon what he thinks really happened. If the situation is what I have heard from courthouse gossip (not always reliable) then I don't think charges will be filed against Mixon, and they shouldn't. If you have a deeply held belief that it is never ever okay for a black guy to hit a white girl then obviously you disagree. Clearly our own personal beliefs and biases affect our judgment of the situation.

What if Mixon made a gay slur about the guy she was with, then she approached Mixon, called him the 'N' word and then she threw a punch. Then Mixon punches her back and leaves.

What happens to either one of them ?

How about we quit playing "what ifs" until we know something?

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    most people with broken jaws are not able to give 30 minute phone interviews within 16 hours of the incident. Most are silent for a few days. Maybe she is superwomen who goes to church every sunday

I am not surprised that some at OU are trying to sweep this under the rug..
    What facts have you seen that suggest there is an attempt to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    How about we quit playing "what ifs" until we know something?
    Maybe this IS what transpired ?

This is some of the 'fact' gossip going around.

She verbally and physically attacked him, according to his attorney. He definitely went WAY too far, but she deserved a physical wake up call like a bear hug or slap.

This "girl" is a repeat drug and alcohol offender with a warrant out for her arrest.

Video evidence will clear things up a lot. The girl claims she doesn't even remember the incident because she was drunk out of her mind.
    Joe Mixon's Attorney Says The Assault Was In Self-Defense - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

"Molitor plans to press charges against the football star, but admits she's doesn't remember everything that happened before, during, or even after the alleged altercation.

“I remember walking into Pickleman’s, and like I literally don’t remember really anything, until I was in the bathroom and everybody is banging on the door trying to get me out,” said Molitor.

Mixon's attorney says "Mixon found himself in a situation where he was subjected to both verbal and physical attacks from a very intoxicated and troubled young woman."

Molitor does have a criminal history out of Cleveland County, including possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol under the age of 21."

Quote Originally Posted by td25er View Post
    She verbally and physically attacked him, according to his attorney. He definitely went WAY too far, but she deserved a physical wake up call like a bear hug or slap.

This "girl" is a repeat drug and alcohol offender with a warrant out for her arrest.

Video evidence will clear things up a lot. The girl claims she doesn't even remember the incident because she was drunk out of her mind.
    Joe Mixon's Attorney Says The Assault Was In Self-Defense - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

"Molitor plans to press charges against the football star, but admits she's doesn't remember everything that happened before, during, or even after the alleged altercation.

“I remember walking into Pickleman’s, and like I literally don’t remember really anything, until I was in the bathroom and everybody is banging on the door trying to get me out,” said Molitor.

Mixon's attorney says "Mixon found himself in a situation where he was subjected to both verbal and physical attacks from a very intoxicated and troubled young woman."

Molitor does have a criminal history out of Cleveland County, including possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol under the age of 21."
    In those situations, you simply walk away. She couldn't have done much to Mixon. The answer was NOT to punch her out. That's rarely the answer to things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by td25er View Post

She verbally and physically attacked him, according to his attorney.This is Mixons paid advocate, not a trier of fact.

This "girl" is a repeat drug and alcohol offender with a warrant out for her arrest Relevance to this case? How many other students smoke weed and drink beer?

Mixon's attorney says "Mixon found himself in a situation where he was subjected to both verbal and physical attacks from a very intoxicated and troubled young woman." Paid advocate, not a trier of fact.

Molitor does have a criminal history out of Cleveland County, including possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol under the age of 21." Relevance to this case? Pretty rare for a college student to smoke weed and drink beer- riiiight.

Wait till the facts come out, don't rely on a paid mouthpiece for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    She verbally and physically attacked him, according to his attorney.This is Mixons paid advocate, not a trier of fact.

This "girl" is a repeat drug and alcohol offender with a warrant out for her arrest Relevance to this case? How many other students smoke weed and drink beer?

Mixon's attorney says "Mixon found himself in a situation where he was subjected to both verbal and physical attacks from a very intoxicated and troubled young woman." Paid advocate, not a trier of fact.

Molitor does have a criminal history out of Cleveland County, including possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol under the age of 21." Relevance to this case? Pretty rare for a college student to smoke weed and drink beer- riiiight.

Wait till the facts come out, don't rely on a paid mouthpiece for what happened.
    My stepson knows a former employee at Pickelmans. He was told this from this connection who I presume got it from current Pickelman employees. This is just the rumor going around, not fact. But it's more than just from Mixon's attorney.

Thread Information