Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumberyard

Default Re: Lumber Yard

Also, we know that the developer is from "out of state", because he is not affraid of Height ! 43 Stories.

2. Default Re: Lumber Yard

Expect "Gary T" to make this the first question at 10am for the business chat.

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    ...another positive note, is this project was hidden until after the election...? This is not just a property owner trying to increase the value of their RE, but a developer that "might be" moving forward because the city just voted to "keep it going" w/ Mr. Cornett.
    Point taken, I wonder how many more suburban tract house bldg permits were filed instantly after Cornett won?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    This certainly seems possible. Like I said there are few people who would like to see this development more than me. I hope my info is wrong.
    Not saying your info. is wrong... I've said all the way along this is probably just a conceptual plan.

But it's a very specific conceptual plan for a property that is about to be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Point taken, I wonder how many more suburban tract house bldg permits were filed instantly after Cornett won?
    I'm sure the larger production builders were happy to see Mr. Cornett for another term.

This developer is looking at the same things too. ..he probably just needs a Blvd completed so the "to be" tenants can get to their condo's ?

They don't need to wait on the boulevard. It will be completed long before they get this thing built (if it's going to get built).

My guess is that this is a proposal to get financing. Whatever actually gets built may be different, but this is the big pretty picture to show off. Just have to see if the money men are likewise impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    I'm sure the larger production builders were happy to see Mr. Cornett for another term.

This developer is looking at the same things too. ..he probably just needs a Blvd completed so the "to be" tenants can get to their condo's ?
    They just need any boulevard, right? Some surface to carry those cars belonging to condo owners!

8. Default Re: Lumber Yard

Nick beat him

9. Default Re: Lumber Yard

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    They just need any boulevard, right? Some surface to carry those cars belonging to condo owners!
    In one thread you are calling for well designed boulevard adhering to urban design principles and in another you are demeaning someone for not liking the Stage Center because it doesn't follow those principles. His standards are too "rigid." I don't get it. Am I missing something to the New Urbanism debate?

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    They don't need to wait on the boulevard. It will be completed long before they get this thing built (if it's going to get built).

My guess is that this is a proposal to get financing. Whatever actually gets built may be different, but this is the big pretty picture to show off. Just have to see if the money men are likewise impressed.
    I hope the "money men" are from Texas. They typically don't have heartburn when you build something over 5 stories and not made of lumber.

11. Default Re: Lumber Yard

From the live chat:

10:00
    Comment From Nick Emenhiser
    Hey Steve, is the Lumber Yard project newly rendered by a Dallas architecture firm on the site newly acquired by OKC Mid Rise LLC, in any way connected to the development you've been attracted that would purportedly make Dallas and Kansas City "jealous." Apologies if this question gets asked 60 times before and after I have gotten this in.

10:05
    Steve Lackmeyer: No. Be careful about reading too much into renderings discovered on architects' websites. Based on what I know, and folks I've talked to, I will be very, very surprised if this rendering represents anything real. I have not seen any transactions involving the sale of the lumberyard or anything transactions involving an entity named OKC Mid Rise LLC. There are some really great rumors that get batted around on a local website. Some are real, some are not real. This one, I suspect, is not real. And folks in the know say it is not real.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Expect "Gary T" to make this the first question at 10am for the business chat.
    Sorry, I was in meetings all morning...

Just heard from another trusted source that this property is most definitely under contract to an out-of-state purchaser who contracted with the Dallas architects to come up with a concept.

Doesn't mean this will get built as depicted, but this all isn't just rumor. The site is under contract to a group that has a lot of resources and wants to build residential with some retail along the boulevard.

The transaction hasn't closed but they have come to terms and the potential buyers are in the process of performing due diligence.

14. Default Re: Lumber Yard

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just heard from another trusted source that this property is most definitely under contract to an out-of-state purchaser who contracted with the Dallas architects to come up with a concept.

Doesn't mean this will get built as depicted, but this all isn't just rumor. The site is under contract to a group that has a lot of resources and wants to build residential with some retail along the boulevard.

The transaction hasn't closed but they have come to terms and the potential buyers are in the process of performing due diligence.
    OKC Mid Rise?

I'm not exactly sure of the purchaser.

16. Default Re: Lumber Yard

More...

10:17
    Comment From Pat
    Good Morning Steve, Probably been asked, but is there any credence to the conceptual drawings for lumber yard site over by the co-op. Thanks

10:18
    Steve Lackmeyer: I seriously doubt they are any more real than the renderings posted at the same website for a tower designed by a local firm for I-44 and Broadway Extension. Sometimes these renderings are done and posted to attract investor, developer interest. Sometimes they reflect a job that went south.

The rendering for that I-44 / Broadway building came from a little firm in Edmond.

The Lumber Yard renderings came from a huge firm in Dallas with a ton of experience in high-rise residential, and for a specific property under contract to an out-of-state purchaser with deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    More...
    ...well, I guess if he can't confirm it, then there is ( 0 ) validity to it? funny.

The conceptual drawing here truly is world class, something the drawing for Rainey Williams' tower isn't. Even if this gets scaled back from the conceptual drawing it will still be a huge game changer.

You guys act like okc is the only place that does mid rise stick and frame. I have spent a lot of time in Denver and have seen two massive residential projects go up stick and frame... FYI

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

^

And in order to achieve something big, you have to dream big.

Even if something falls short, we need to be reaching out further.

We've made thousands of incremental steps -- which are very, very important -- but very few big leaps in terms of individual projects. Devon is the only one that comes to mind, and we need more truly world-class projects (not just tall ones).

I'm glad it is an out-of-state group. This gives it more chance of actually happening. If they are a group that has many properties that are of "equal quality & scope", then this certainly may happen. And, this may be more reason to believe it is true, since the "rumors" are not in the same circles for others to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
    You guys act like okc is the only place that does mid rise stick and frame. I have spent a lot of time in Denver and have seen two massive residential projects go up stick and frame... FYI
    Forgive my ignorance, but what are you referring to?

^

And in order to achieve something big, you have to dream big.

Even if something falls short, we need to be reaching out further.

We've made thousands of incremental steps -- which are very, very important -- but very few big leaps in terms of individual projects. Devon is the only one that comes to mind, and we need more truly world-class projects (not just tall ones).
    Agree. Too often in this city's history, the bare minimum is all that has been proposed and it gets scaled down to absolute crap. When it comes to developments like this the rule is almost always over-promise, under-deliver. With that in mind, propose something that blows people away and then the scaled back version will still be a great development.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

-A company called OKC midrise apartments LLC pops up a year ago
    -This same company is under contract negotiations to purchase this parcel of land
    -A rendering shows up from a 100% credible architectural company with confirmed ties to the aforementioned OKC midrise company for this EXACT parcel of land.

They forgot to inform Steve Lackmeyer, so now none of it is true and OKCtalk is full of a bunch of nonsense rumors. Give me a break.

Thread Information