Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Memorial and MacArthur

Default Re: Memorial and MacArthur

It's a growing part of the city. If these apartments are not built, something will be that will bring light pollution and noise. It is inevitable.

2. Default Re: Memorial and MacArthur

Anyone have any info regarding the recent grading along MacArthur, just south of Legacy Bank? I know the apartments are on the interior tract, but was unaware of anything on this exterior tract.

Quote Originally Posted by SnrPhnx View Post
    Anyone have any info regarding the recent grading along MacArthur, just south of Legacy Bank? I know the apartments are on the interior tract, but was unaware of anything on this exterior tract.
    It will be another strip center similar to the one next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It will be another strip center similar to the one next to it.
    Is there any word yet on possible tenants?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Is there any word yet on possible tenants?
    No tenant finish-out permits have been issued.

Typically, little centers like this are built without much or any pre-leasing.

6. Default Re: Memorial and MacArthur

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for another free-standing business. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

I wonder how much longer Sushi Tsubaki is going to last. The past few times I've been in there I've noticed the quality has fallen off a cliff. My rolls have had the mayo piled on far too much and they simply fall apart when I grip them with the chopsticks. It doesn't taste or smell as fresh as it used to either. There have been quite a few staff changes that I've noticed so I am sure that is somewhat of a contributor. When it opened, this was probably the second best sushi restaurant in OKC. I now think I am going to have to look around at other options.

Does anyone have any info on anything being built down at the Memorial and Rockwell area?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCSteel View Post
    Does anyone have any info on anything being built down at the Memorial and Rockwell area?
    Where specifically?

Here's a site plan and more information on the Springs at Memorial, the complex slated for the interior portion of the SW corner.

Will feature attached and detached garages (no doubt for extra fee)

Springs at Memorial Apartments ? Welcome Home

They might also be talking about this:

NE Corner of Memorial Road and Rockwell Avenue - OKCTalk

looks like the Home 2 Suites behind Revolve is well under construction (at least i think that's what it is)

Where specifically?
    The entire intersection and especially heading north. You can see where they have a light for future commercial (I am assuming) and just south of the new apartment complex on the east side of Rockwell (north of Memorial), they have started earthwork for something. Is that the apartment complex you posted earlier today? That would put 4 new apartment complexes in that area.

Here's a site plan and more information on the Springs at Memorial, the complex slated for the interior portion of the SW corner.
    Isn't the SW corner of Rockwell and Hefner the Farmers Insurance building?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCSteel View Post
    The entire intersection and especially heading north. You can see where they have a light for future commercial (I am assuming) and just south of the new apartment complex on the east side of Rockwell (north of Memorial), they have started earthwork for something. Is that the apartment complex you posted earlier today? That would put 4 new apartment complexes in that area.
    The apartments I posted were for Memorial & MacArthur. See the graphic at the top of this page.

New Arby's going in immediately south of Carl's Jr.:

Carl's Jr. and an Arby's right next to each other? Truly this area is the beacon of "Big League".

Anyway, this area is starting to turn into the next Memorial and Penn. Is that good or bad?

There are a couple of nice sit-down restaurants under construction in this area as well: Big Dog Daddy's Icehouse and a sushi place.

It's the same sort of mix you see all along Memorial and a little better than some areas.

Very true. The corridor off Meridian, with all of the medical complexes is actually kind of fun to drive through. With Mercy's expansion and all of the Integris stuff being built to the north of it, that area is like a massive medical park. Sort of like Broadway just south of Britton Rd. With all of the medical buildings being built.

But yeah, I remember when Interurban was the only thing off MacArthur. There is a ton of variety there now. Lots of pizza/Italian, which is always a good thing to me.

There is a new strip center going in on the north side of Memorial near Meridian and Panera Bread will be relocating to there, with a drive-thru.

Blog Entries

There is a new strip center going in on the north side of Memorial near Meridian and Panera Bread will be relocating to there, with a drive-thru.
    That is interesting. I guess the concept of the drive thru is working for them. The one on NW Experessway and at Rockwell seems pretty busy anytime I am by there.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    That is interesting. I guess the concept of the drive thru is working for them. The one on NW Experessway and at Rockwell seems pretty busy anytime I am by there.
    I've heard that it can add 30% and up to their sales when they add drive thrus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I've heard that it can add 30% and up to their sales when they add drive thrus.
    My son worked at Panera some during HS and college and HATED the drive thru from an employee perspective - they timed everything and it was high stress but great for the consumer on the move! So I am sure your 30% number could be very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    My son worked at Panera some during HS and college and HATED the drive thru from an employee perspective - they timed everything and it was high stress but great for the consumer on the move! So I am sure your 30% number could be very accurate.
    I work part time at a Starbucks with a DT, and I'd say 30% or more is a fair estimate. Based on our sales vs the cafe stores in the area, we do about this much, if not more in weekly sales more than them. For the most part any DT you go through is a very stressful environment for the employees, they are usually all timed and times are sent to the district managers for the company, i know this is the case at chickfila, sbux and del taco. This is kind of a flawed system, because half the customers going through a DT generally dont know what they want, and this runs the DT times up - which is not the fault of the employees, but it falls back on them. Either way, wise move for Panera, it will definitely increase sales, I imagine breakfast sales will skyrocket for their cafe/pastry offerings since people are more apt to use a DT on the way to work, than park and go inside.

Thread Information