Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilshire Gun

1. Default Wilshire Gun

Wilshire Gun is a new indoor gun range that is opening in the former grocery warehouse at 615 W. Wilshire. This is going to be a huge indoor range that will feature several 100 yard ranges with close circuit cameras for target spotting. A full service facility that includes a quality wood fired grill and other unique features. There will be an article in the Oklahoman this week.

Default Re: Wilshire Gun

That sounds like fun. Distance shooting is a good skill to acquire too.

3. Default Re: Wilshire Gun

I really like the long distance part. Especially the cameras down range with monitors at the bench. They will have around 25 pistol ranges as well and ladies ranges. There are full barriers between the shooting bays so the person next to you does not raddle you. There will also be a private club with locker rooms and gun safes.

A good place to get your long guns sighted in.

I think that is the old TG&Y warehouse.

http://wilshiregun.com/

7. Default Re: Wilshire Gun

Quote Originally Posted by MWCGuy View Post
    The TG&Y warehouse was on NW 36th & Santa Fe. This warehouse was owned by Sylvan Goldman and was a grocery distribution warehouse. His offices were next door. I think that one of the other distributors possibly scrivener or fleming used it for a while.

Their "training" should be interesting. Certainly not the best hire to oversee that area.

My favorite part:

Range Cafe will include a wood-fired grill that will serve everything from steaks to hamburgers
    Elwood: What kind of music do you usually have here?
    Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country *and* western.

It's hard to beat bullets and meat.

This will help ease the load across the other indoor ranges. Looks like a quality operation.

From the Journal Record:

OKLAHOMA CITY – Some space at the former Humpty Dumpty Grocery warehouse at 615 W. Wilshire Blvd. is being renovated into Wilshire Gun, an entertainment venue featuring gun and archery ranges. It will occupy 38,000 square feet of the 200,000-square-foot warehouse.

Customers will be able to shoot firearms or bows, purchase guns or ammunition, host events and enjoy meals from the Range Café, or end the day with an alcoholic beverage at the eatery. People who are members of the private Caliber Club will be able to relax in the lounge upstairs.

A second floor is being added to the warehouse space, though it won’t span the entire first floor. The second floor is being constructed of leftover steel from the former Bob Howard parts store in downtown.

Another environmentally friendly aspect of the building is the gun racks in the retail area were from the original Humpty Dumpty warehouse. The retail area will offer firearms, accessories, ammunition, branded items such as T-shirts, archery items, and an extensive line of guns for rent.

The interior will feature the original aspects of the warehouse, with exposed brick and concrete floors. The garage doors on the exterior will be enclosed and windows will be added.
    “We’re keeping the mid-century, modern warehouse feel to it,” said Wilshire Gun Marketing Manager Jane Moran. “It’s a cool facility and we want to keep it a cool facility.”
    The venue has a large classroom on the first floor to host events.

On the first floor, customers will find the Range Café. It will have pickup food service, but no bar seating. The wood fire-centered menu will rotate seasonally with different options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Steaks and pork chops are expected to top the dinner menu.

“You just can’t beat a good wood fire-grilled menu,” said Jeffrey Swanson, general manager of Wilshire Gun.

In total, the venue has 24 ballistic-rated shooting stalls, with overhead baffles for added safety. One of the main draws of the venue is six 100-yard shooting ranges. Moran said the ranges will set Wilshire Gun apart from competitors. Each is equipped with a video monitoring system so shooters can immediately check their accuracy. Its other shooting stalls offer distances of 35 yards and 25 yards.

The shooting area is equipped with the Green Carey HVAC System. The ventilation pushes air toward the shooter. At the other end of the room, the vent pulls the air, creating a system that helps to eliminate the amount of lead breathed. Every 85 seconds, 100 percent of the air is exchanged.

The bullets are captured in a trap and will be recycled. There is also a range area for bow users that will have bleachers for spectators. The venue plans to attract competitions.
    For those who are interested in shooting, but don’t own a gun, Wilshire will rent them to customers. However, rental customers will be required to watch a safety video and go through training with an instructor both in and outside the shooting bays.

To access shooting areas, customers will have their IDs scanned at the check-in area. They will be allowed to purchase alcohol from the cafe after shooting; however, customers cannot purchase alcohol before shooting. Customers’ IDs will be scanned at the cafe, as well. Customers will be locked out of the range after purchasing alcohol.

Wilshire Gun plans to open later this spring.

- Elevations: Wilshire Gun | The Journal Record

It's really good to see other ranges open up. Big Boys is opening a range too.

15. Default Re: Wilshire Gun

I was at their hard hat event this week. They had the chef's putting out samples of the menu items. Very good food here. The quality is top notch. This will be an awesome venue. Actually it is a place that I would go for lunch, not necessarily to shoot. Although I am looking forward to going to their range. As for the bar, They know what they are doing here. There is a system that tracks you throughout the building using a drivers license scan. If you have entered the bar area then you are locked out of the range for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    ... There is a system that tracks you throughout the building using a drivers license scan. If you have entered the bar area then you are locked out of the range for the day.
    While I get this, it is more sop for their insurer than anything else. The system would ban someone who consumed half a beer at lunch on-site from using the range, and do even nine hours later. However, if Joe Six-pack knocks down his last name two times over at home or at a nearby pub, the same system does nothing that would keep him off the range. If I am in lane three, I'd rather have the first guy on either side of me than the latter. On the brighter side, the JSP's of the world don't appear to be present in large numbers at firing ranges anyway.

17. Default Re: Wilshire Gun

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    While I get this, it is more sop for their insurer than anything else. The system would ban someone who consumed half a beer at lunch on-site from using the range, and do even nine hours later. However, if Joe Six-pack knocks down his last name two times over at home or at a nearby pub, the same system does nothing that would keep him off the range. If I am in lane three, I'd rather have the first guy on either side of me than the latter. On the brighter side, the JSP's of the world don't appear to be present in large numbers at firing ranges anyway.
    While this is true it has no relevance to their applying for a liquor license. If they do not serve beer and prohibit it on the premises, someone can still drink before showing up and shoot at Wilshire, H&H or any other range for that matter. I would rather it be offered in a controlled environment than not. People who are going to drink are going to do it anyway.

Looks like someone took notice of the success of H&H!
    This is going to be a really cool place!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    It's the principle of the matter. They have to make it clear that their not promoting alcohol and gun use.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    That was deliberate to provoke interest.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    That was deliberate to provoke interest.
    I know.. it just kind of paints a bad light on the business, imo...

I hope they succeed and show how responsible adults enjoy this sport.

Agreed

Thread Information