413 E. California
    sq. feet= 24,500 + warehouse

Information & Latest News

1/28/14: $1.8 million building permit to add mezzanine and remodel
    Links

Official Site
    County Assessor Record
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apmex004.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	6462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apmexparty.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	6463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	befront1.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	6464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eventcenter065.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	6465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flaminglipsnye.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	6466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery0418a.jpg 
Views:	1649 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	6467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lips046.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	6468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	btevents1.jpg 
Views:	1639 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	7336  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	btevents2.jpg 
Views:	1613 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	7337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	btevents3.jpg 
Views:	1602 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	7338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	btevents4.jpg 
Views:	1603 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	7339  

Default Re: Bricktown Events Center

$1.8 million building permit application today to add 5,645 mezzanine level and for a general remodel.

That's a lot of money so we should see some significant improvements here.

Maybe proceeds from the Sante Fe sale ?

Man, it needs it! I've seen so many concerts that weren't great due to the blandness of that place. Now if they can only get rid of the beer tickets....

Quote Originally Posted by DammitDan View Post
    Now if they can only get rid of the beer tickets....
    I don't even understand why they do this. Is there some weird Okie law that's making them do it that way?

It needs every penny of this and then some.

Construction is underway for a major $1.8 million renovation of the Bricktown Events Center.

They are adding a second level in the rear of the space (east, opposite the stage) and a large raised seating area underneath. The 2nd level will be 5,645 square feet.

Also to be added are new stairways and restrooms and a bar upstairs.

Image showing the rear of the space looking towards the stage:

Existing floorplan:

New 1st Level Plan:

New 2nd Level Plan:

Building Cross-Section:

This is LONG overdue. Glad to finally see some movement on this!

Think this will help bring in some concerts that would normally go to the Diamond Ballroom? What is the square footage of the two compared?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Think this will help bring in some concerts that would normally go to the Diamond Ballroom? What is the square footage of the two compared?
    Even before this addition, the BT Events Center was about 24,000 square feet versus Diamond's 21,000.

The 2nd level will add another 5,645 SF.

The issue has always been about promotion, not size. Hopefully, this big investment signals the start of a more aggressive promotion strategy.

If anyone was curious about the size comparison, Cain's ballroom is only 12,267 and the Brady Theatre is 26,774. So, this will be a little smaller than the Brady, obviously with a different layout.

But, like Pete said, the issue has always been about promotion, not size.

I don't think Burt McAnally has any interest in making the Farmer's Market a concert venue since wedding parties are typically more tame and still bring in a lot of money. I hope this place can do well and bring in a lot of concerts that have been lost to the Diamond Ballroom way out in east OKC.

Should have mentioned my numbers were based on building size, not necessarily the size of the event space.

I've always like the BT Events Center -- organized a huge class reunion there -- and have never understood why it isn't better utilized. Hopefully, this will soon change.

I miss the Coca-Cola sign. Anybody know what was done with it?

Just adding the dedicated bars should help promoters. The current system is way too inefficient. They could do a lot more volume with this set up. And hopefully this means the end of the ticket system. They may even be able to make one of those elevated areas a 21 and over VIP section for even more revenue.

Blog Entries

While I've never thought highly of this place aesthetically (that change is welcome), I would still go more often if there were more cool shows there. Hard to beat a good concert in walking distance.

The big issue for people is going to be parking eventhough there is a huge parking lot right in front of the building. If there are events going on, will that only be open to be going to the concerts/events? I know some Redhawks season ticket holders can park there but I am not sure who else has the lot reserved and when.

A large parking garage needs to be built and the other parking lots turned into a development.

Parking is free except for when the Redhawks are home, when there is a slight charge. About 500 spaces in that lot.

And of course, there is a massive amount of parking just across Reno in front of Bass Pro and beyond.

On busy nice days, people would complain about parking because the Okie way is to park right in front of your destination. I like the idea of a structured parking garage here as long as there is some sort of street level interaction. I remember the Brewer's had a plan for this area 5-10 years ago but I think that was more of a ploy to get TIF funds. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would love to see a Branson Landing type of development here with 5-7 levels of parking in the center with residential on the top floors and retail on the bottom.

A big development is brewing for the "Joe Carter Lot" just south of the events center.

I'm sure this is what Steve has been hinting about with the "will make Dallas & KC envious" comments.

Would be a large mixed-use project with an entertainment venue and structured parking and other elements.

Nothing finalized but this is well along in negotiations with the City, which owns that property.

Should have more details soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A big development is brewing for the "Joe Carter Lot" just south of the events center.

I'm sure this is what Steve has been hinting about with the "will make Dallas & KC envious" comments.

Would be a large mixed-use project with an entertainment venue and structured parking and other elements.

Nothing finalized but this is well along in negotiations with the City, which owns that property.

There it is! I thought this might have been in reference to the Chisholm Creek area. I guess I was wrong.

If you can say or know, what would make KC and Dallas "envious" of a development like this? It's fantastic for OKC and I'm looking forward to it happening, yet I cant think of any reason those two cities would be "envious" of anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    If you can say or know, what would make KC and Dallas "envious" of a development like this? It's fantastic for OKC and I'm looking forward to it happening, yet I cant think of any reason those two cities would be "envious" of anything like this?
    Those weren't my words so I don't fully understand the reference.

I just know it would be big and elaborate.

I'll create a new thread on this because there is more and more smoke that is hopefully leading to something solid soon.

Those weren't my words so I don't fully understand the reference.

I just know it would be big and elaborate.

I'll create a new thread on this because there is more and more smoke that is hopefully leading to something solid soon.
    Do you have any idea who is doing this project? Someone we already are familiar with or someone new to the area? Do they have a history with this kind of development?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    There it is! I thought this might have been in reference to the Chisholm Creek area. I guess I was wrong.
    That is doubtful. The Chisolm Creek development, if done to its potential, will be the kind of retail center than have been built in places like Dallas and Kansas City for several years now. It's nothing that would make them jealous because they already have everything OKC will gain from the development even under a best-case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    Sometimes Steve over-hypes in his chats but we will have to wait to see what this actually turns out to be before passing judgment. If it's anything like KC's Power and Light district, which Steve says it is better, then this will be a major game changer for downtown OKC entertainment.

Thread Information