Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 LastLast

Thread: FlashBack RetroPub

Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

We're on or OKC/OK Trivia tonight at 7:30.

This is the Tournament of Champions, but all are welcome to come play.

This is also the last week, although FlashBack will be doing other forms of trivia later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We're on or OKC/OK Trivia tonight at 7:30.

This is the Tournament of Champions, but all are welcome to come play.

This is also the last week, although FlashBack will be doing other forms of trivia later.
    I think we ended up going every week, and it was a lot of fun. I know I, for one, learned a lot about OKC and our state. Thanks FlashBack for hosting the competition and Pete for writing all those questions.

Last night was really fun, as the 4 finalists waged a close battle throughout the entire 5 rounds.

In the end, only 4 points separated 4th from 1st -- out of 75 questions.

A new champion was crowned, barely edging out the team that won the 90's trivia who in turn had edged out my team after we won the 80's trivia.

Flashback will be starting 2000's trivia on Nov. 9th and it will run for 6 weeks.

4. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Man, my team was so close after leading in the 4th round. That Nostalgia round really hurt us. :|

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Man, my team was so close after leading in the 4th round. That Nostalgia round really hurt us. :|
    For a small team, you guys were awesome.

Thanks so much for coming out.

Close, but no cigar AP ; )

I also wanted to thank Pete and Flashback Retropub for hosting trivia. I know our group all had a blast each time, and really learned quite a bit about Oklahoma and OKC in particular along the way. Would definitely be interested in playing again in the future.

Pete I'm sure is happy to have a different winner

We had a great time when we filled in for MAPS for Framilies once, good job Pete

Blog Entries

It was great. The end of the third round was the best with all the teams being within 2 points. It was nice to finally have teammates but we fell short. I blame the golf questions! :-)

Played last night in the 2nd week of 2000's trivia.

I'm back to playing rather than being the quiz master and my team came in second to a new team on the scene who I'm told won last week as well.

We did pretty we (low 50's out of 75 questions) but they beat us by 7 clear points.

Good turnout and still a few weeks left to play in the 2000's.

Looks like I may be DJ-ing here on some random Thursday nights.

They now have a video wall behind the DJ booth so I'll be able to mix videos on that and all the TV's in the space. Should be pretty cool.

I think I'll start with a Electronic Night -- already have a really good set for that, all with videos.

Was also thinking of doing an danceable Alternative / Rock night, perhaps First Wave, etc. All with videos.

I'll post with all the particulars when things get finalized.

They now have a video wall behind the DJ booth so I'll be able to mix videos on that and all the TV's in the space. Should be pretty cool.

I think I'll start with a Electronic Night -- already have a really good set for that, all with videos.

Was also thinking of doing an danceable Alternative / Rock night, perhaps First Wave, etc. All with videos.

Question, do you have a dj name?

DJ Tritastic.

DJ Tritastic.
    I would show up if you would change your moniker to DJ Orgiastic.

We need to do a trail run with all the tv's soon. I'm moving all the electronics to the DJ Booth area to make it easier to switch everything over.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    We need to do a trail run with all the tv's soon. I'm moving all the electronics to the DJ Booth area to make it easier to switch everything over.
    Let me know when you want to try it out and I'll swing by.

Let me know when you want to try it out and I'll swing by.
    Hopefully I can get to it this week, as I'll be swamped next week with planning and scouting for that 2nd location...

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    Hopefully I can get to it this week, as I'll be swamped next week with planning and scouting for that 2nd location...
    The old wreck Room space on 39th. I think you could kill it there. just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    The next FlashBack will not be in OKC.

HangryHippo Guest

The next FlashBack will not be in OKC.
    Norman??

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Norman??
    Not in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    We think 1 arcade bar in OKC is enough, lol. If we opened a 2nd FlashBack we would probably be robbing from the left hand to give to the right. No, our second location will not be in the OKC area. The plan has always been to expand to different cities in surrounding states. It's the same model that Barcade on the east coast has taken and Up Down is doing in KC, Des Moines and Minneapolis... We have a lot of visitors on a weekly basis from surrounding states and some regulars that visit us on a monthly basis from the DFW area and Kansas.

Not in this state.
    Unless the IRS shuts down The Max again, or they decide to close shop. Then we might look at Tulsa, but I don't want to re-start the fight with them again, lol.

Stopped by Saturday night about 10:30 and the place was just booming, as it now seems to be every Fri and Sat night.

They have really found their following and seem to be thriving, despite the massive construction all around them, and not much else at this point.

This is interesting...

http://www.eightythreearcade.com/

They start a six-week 80's move trivia contest tonight at 7:30.

My team (We Lived This Sh!t) hopes to make a strong showing.

Thread Information