Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FlashBack RetroPub

Film Exchange FlashBack RetroPub

814 W. Sheridan - Film Row

Information & Latest News

FlashBack RetroPub is an 80's theme pub with classic Arcade Games and 80's Dance Music.
    12/9/14: Coming to Film Row
    Gallery

Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

These are from their Facebook page:

Can't wait for this to open. Are there any floor plan renderings for this?

No final floor plan available yet, lots of moving parts with placement of the arcade games.

I'm so very hopeful for Flashback. It could be really great. There is a bar in Brooklyn called Barcade that may be my favorite bar of all-time. If FB gets close to Barcade, it will be a smash.

I know plenty of people who drive to Tulsa specifically for the Max. It will be cool to have such a place in OKC.

Also, they mentioned on their FB page that the wood ceiling would be coming down to expose the barreled ceiling, more like the pics of Tucks new spot on the other end of The Rise. The entire development has crazy potential. Glad to finally see some movement on it.

Pete- have you heard anything on the "Pending Negs." space?

Hey everyone, I'm one of the owners of FlashBack, I just wanted to share a bit of info with everyone about our pub. While the idea first came up after visiting The Max in Tulsa, we looked at several similar concepts across the country. We looked at Ground Kontrol in Portland, The 1Up in Denver, Barcade in the NYC area and Culture Club in NYC. While we have a little bit of influence from each, we won't be exactly like any specific one. We wanted to make it OKC's own, hopefully everyone will enjoy what we are putting together.

10. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm one of the owners of FlashBack, I just wanted to share a bit of info with everyone about our pub. While the idea first came up after visiting The Max in Tulsa, we looked at several similar concepts across the country. We looked at Ground Kontrol in Portland, The 1Up in Denver, Barcade in the NYC area and Culture Club in NYC. While we have a little bit of influence from each, we won't be exactly like any specific one. We wanted to make it OKC's own, hopefully everyone will enjoy what we are putting together.
    That's great to hear JRod1980! I am very excited about this concept and especially for 23rd street!

Any idea on when you will open?

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    That's great to hear JRod1980! I am very excited about this concept and especially for 23rd street!

Any idea on when you will open?

If all goes well and the developers don't have any unexpected delays, we are aiming for May. A little behind what we wanted but well worth the wait to be part of this great property. I've seen the overall prints for the building and they're incredible.

Ever checked out Kung Fu Saloon in Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Ever checked out Kung Fu Saloon in Houston?
    I'm actually checking out Kung Fu Saloon in Dallas this weekend.

JRod1980, can you provide a list of the arcade games you'll be featuring?

Also, what types of drinks/beer? Will you offer any food?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Just off the top of my head:

Pac-Man
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Galaga
    Galaxian
    Centipede
    Asteroids
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Frogged
    Tetris
    Turbo
    Defender
    Dig Dug
    Zaxxon
    WWF WrestleFest
    RoboCop
    Rampage
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Captain America and the Avengers...

I'm missing 1 or 2 more, but overall we are looking to get to around 28-30 stand up and rotate different games from time to time.

We will not serve food, there will be plenty of other great food selections at The Rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

We'll also have a full bar, but want to focus our beer selection on state and regional microbrews.

Pac-Man
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Galaga
    Galaxian
    Centipede
    Asteroids
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Frogged
    Tetris
    Turbo
    Defender
    Dig Dug
    Zaxxon
    WWF WrestleFest
    RoboCop
    Rampage
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Any chance you guys might have a TMNT, X-Men, or other classic beat 'em up game?

You guys picked the perfect location, by the way. There are tons of people in your target demographic in Jefferson Park and Edgemere Park.

Pac-Man
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Galaga
    Galaxian
    Centipede
    Asteroids
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Frogged
    Tetris
    Turbo
    Defender
    Dig Dug
    Zaxxon
    WWF WrestleFest
    RoboCop
    Rampage
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Mortal Kombat 2

I'm missing 1 or 2 more, but overall we are looking to get to around 28-30 stand up and rotate different games from time to time.

We will not serve food, there will be plenty of other great food selections at The Rise.
    gotta get excitebike. please.

No arcade bar is complete with 1942

Pac-Man
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Galaga
    Galaxian
    Centipede
    Asteroids
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Frogged
    Tetris
    Turbo
    Defender
    Dig Dug
    Zaxxon
    WWF WrestleFest
    RoboCop
    Rampage
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Mortal Kombat 2

SOOOOOOOoooooooo Excited!!

I know that pinball is quite labor-intensive compared to video games. That being said, please tell me you'll have some pinball machines. I moved to OKC 18 months ago and haven't seen a machine in that entire stretch. I"M DYING. LITERALLY THE LACK OF PINBALL IN THIS TOWN IS KILLING ME. LITERALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    SOOOOOOOoooooooo Excited!!

I know that pinball is quite labor-intensive compared to video games. That being said, please tell me you'll have some pinball machines. I moved to OKC 18 months ago and haven't seen a machine in that entire stretch. I"M DYING. LITERALLY THE LACK OF PINBALL IN THIS TOWN IS KILLING ME. LITERALLY.
    While a very different atmosphere from what Flashback will have, there are several old pinball machines at Cactus Jack's on Council at about 10th. It's where I go when I need a ski ball fix.

22. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

We'll also have a full bar, but want to focus our beer selection on state and regional microbrews.
    Good call on the beer focus! There is so much good beer being produced around the area right now it's incredible!

I have been to the Kung Fu Saloon in Austin, TX. It's pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    While a very different atmosphere from what Flashback will have, there are several old pinball machines at Cactus Jack's on Council at about 10th. It's where I go when I need a ski ball fix.
    I will have to find a way to balance my desire not to die from Pinball deprivation with my equally strong desire not to drive to 10th and Council.

I can NOT wait for this to happen JRod1980, will this be an all-ages venue, or 21 & up?

Quote Originally Posted by BDK View Post
    Any chance you guys might have a TMNT, X-Men, or other classic beat 'em up game?

You guys picked the perfect location, by the way. There are tons of people in your target demographic in Jefferson Park and Edgemere Park.
    I'm working on about 10 more games, they're just had to come across. But TMNT, X-Men, Mario, 1942 are on that list. Even if we don't have them by the Grand Opening, they will be added eventually. There are so many great games out there that we could fill the entire space with games, but we wanted to have a good balance between the games and the dance space.

Thread Information