Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FlashBack RetroPub

Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by CS_Mike View Post
    Is any of that 8th St property between Robinson and Broadway available and suitable? I think being situated near the OCU law school would be good for business.
    I feel like Auto Alley is not an ideal location with the direction it is going, due to it being steered into a very upscale district as of late. Packards, Broadway 10, Red Prime, The Factory, the new wine bars seem to be driving the district in the opposite direction of Midtown/Plaza/Uptown. Those three would be a great fit, but I bet JRod is aware of this already. Maybe there will be more casual growth with the intro of The Metropolitan, which may change my mind. Just seems AA is more like Classen Curve with some historic structure.

Quote Originally Posted by JRod1980 View Post
    In defense of Film Row, the same could have been said when McNellies opened in Midtown, when Grandad's opened in Uptown or when Saints opened in Plaza. They all faced risky situations of being the first of their concept with no other real nightlife draw to the area. Look at them now, all anchors to those districts. There's something to be said for being the first at the right time.
    While i agree that those establishments faced risky situations, it's difficult to really make that comparison as each of the districts you mentioned already had large residential areas in close proximity.

400 N Walnut I would think would be the ideal location; easy access on and off the highway and in the DD area where people can easily walk to and stumble home from. I am not sure how much space is needed, but if FR could open up close to the new 21c museum hotel and help bridge the gap between there and Film Row, they could put themselves in a spot to be really successful.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    400 N Walnut I would think would be the ideal location; easy access on and off the highway and in the DD area where people can easily walk to and stumble home from. I am not sure how much space is needed, but if FR could open up close to the new 21c museum hotel and help bridge the gap between there and Film Row, they could put themselves in a spot to be really successful.
    400 Walnut likely does not have an ABC3 permit and with the amount of residents that live within 600ft of the property it would likely be difficult to obtain one. Unless we just completely changed our business plan to serve food, there are many properties that we are not able to consider. I'll be honest and say that the process has taken longer then we imagined and looking back on it we should have left The Rise several months earlier then we did. But I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and at the end of the day we will end up where we were meant to be. Might sound foolish to some, but for anyone that has their own business if you don't believe in what you are doing, no one else will.

400 Walnut likely does not have an ABC3 permit and with the amount of residents that live within 600ft of the property it would likely be difficult to obtain one. Unless we just completely changed our business plan to serve food, there are many properties that we are not able to consider. I'll be honest and say that the process has taken longer then we imagined and looking back on it we should have left The Rise several months earlier then we did. But I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and at the end of the day we will end up where we were meant to be. Might sound foolish to some, but for anyone that has their own business if you don't believe in what you are doing, no one else will.
    Good luck to you Jrod. Have you had any contact with Allison Bailey regarding a location? She would be a good consultant if you aren't talking to her already.

6. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    While i agree that those establishments faced risky situations, it's difficult to really make that comparison as each of the districts you mentioned already had large residential areas in close proximity.
    Are we forgetting about SOSA and The amount of Apartment living there is just a few blocks from Film Row? I know most of the living is considered Midtown, but those people still like variety. If you get into an area like Film Row early, you will build a following. In a few years, you will see the living population downtown grow.

In other news, we will be selling "User" memberships once we announce the new location. As a "User" you get free game play for an entire year, as well as a free "User" t-shirt. The memberships are limited to 80 people per year and you have first right of refusal for renewals. Being a "User" also allows you to get a discount on the Team Fee for Arcade League Night.

Wherever it ends up, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Are we forgetting about SOSA and The amount of Apartment living there is just a few blocks from Film Row? I know most of the living is considered Midtown, but those people still like variety. If you get into an area like Film Row early, you will build a following. In a few years, you will see the living population downtown grow.
    SOSA isn't really that close. I did forget how close legacy is, but it just doesn't seem like it is.

I don't disagree with you, but if I were looking at putting this concept on film row right now, I would be hesitant to do so. 2-3 years is a long time to wait when so many bars fail in their first year or two (though it does seem like new bars fair better here than elsewhere). Also, similar to The Max in Tulsa, this concept will greatly benefit from being close to other bars.

Being a "User" also allows you to get a discount on the Team Fee for Arcade League Night.
    League Night sounds intriguing. Do you have some ideas on how that would work?

I like the "user" idea!!!.. sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by marky_d View Post
    League Night sounds intriguing. Do you have some ideas on how that would work?
    League Nights will likely be on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. It will be 4 vs 4 and players would rotate playing 3 different games every week. The team with the highest combined scores from all 4 games would win. The season will be 8-10 weeks long, with a trophy for the winning team at the end of the season.

League Nights will likely be on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. It will be 4 vs 4 and players would rotate playing 3 different games every week. The team with the highest combined scores from all 4 games would win. The season will be 8-10 weeks long, with a trophy for the winning team at the end of the season.
    Very cool!

How realistic is Bricktown for the new Flashback location?
    I think Bricktown would make the most sense for this type of development.

Ok so take everything I said about film row and burn it in a dumpster somewhere:

Hall Capital - OKCTalk

If you could attract enough of a crowd until this is completed, you could have a serious first mover advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Ok so take everything I said about film row and burn it in a dumpster somewhere:

Hall Capital - OKCTalk

If you could attract enough of a crowd until this is completed, you could have a serious first mover advantage.
    Well that completely changes everything for this district. That backs what I was trying to say that OKC is growing so quickly that places like Film Row and Farmers Market aren't as big of a risk as they might have been 2-3 years ago.

Well that completely changes everything for this district. That backs what I was trying to say that OKC is growing so quickly that places like Film Row and Farmers Market aren't as big of a risk as they might have been 2-3 years ago.
    With this announcement, I certainly agree. I don't know that the hotel by itself would've been enough but all of this together is really a game changer for that area. Can't wait to see the preliminary designs.

Now that we know there will be significant housing and other development around 21c, you can pretty much guarantee that a lot of the area between there and the CBD will start to fill in.

And considering a good chunk is owned by the City or police, there will be added pressure for them to do something with their surface lots.

19. Default Re: FlashBack RetroPub

Are you going to have Narc? That would be cool. I put a ton of quarters in that game in my youth.

Quote Originally Posted by eatokc.com View Post
    Are you going to have Narc? That would be cool. I put a ton of quarters in that game in my youth.
    Don't have plans currently to get Narc, there's only 4-5 games left on my wish list that I want to get. But plan is to rotate games in and out every so often to keep the line up fresh. So send me all request for games and we will keep an eye out for them. Next game we are picking up next week is Ivan Stewart's Off Road...

Next game we are picking up next week is Ivan Stewart's Off Road...
    Oh hell freaking yes...I dumped so much coin into that back in the day, freaking love that game!

Question...are you guys sticking with traditional cabinets for all the games, or for some games like Sega Outrun (if you have it) did you find the game with the moving car you sit in?

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Oh hell freaking yes...I dumped so much coin into that back in the day, freaking love that game!

Question...are you guys sticking with traditional cabinets for all the games, or for some games like Sega Outrun (if you have it) did you find the game with the moving car you sit in?
    All the games will be in their original dedicated cabinets. I've come across a couple of games that have the sit in cabinet, but in the interest of maximizing space we have stuck with the upright games. We do plan on adding several cocktail cabinets once we open up.

Maybe it is time for someone to dump the graphic at the top of the page that shows this outfit still going in off 23rd and Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Maybe it is time for someone to dump the graphic at the top of the page that shows this outfit still going in off 23rd and Walker?
    Yeah, we won't be opening an establishment in Uptown or Plaza District.

Quick Update, we hope to make an announcement on our new location by the end of the week.

Thread Information