Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TopGolf

Far North TopGolf

I just spoke to the media contact with TopGolf and she confirmed they have struck a deal to go into the Chisholm Creek development at the SW corner of Memorial & Western.

Said they hope to start construction in two months and open in early 2015.

This is the only location they have planned for Oklahoma for the foreseeable future.

Asked about SkyBox Golf, to be located a mile directly west, I was told that TopGolf is such a unique concept and strong brand they are not concerned about the competition.

I believe this project will be very similar to the one recently opened in The Colony, TX which features 102 driving bays on three levels.

http://topgolf.com/oklahomacity/

TOPGOLF OKLAHOMA CITY: COMING IN 2015
    TopGolf has selected a location in Oklahoma City; will break ground this year
    OKLAHOMA CITY – Jan. 27, 2013 – Golf entertainment leader TopGolf International, Inc. today announced it will open its flagship Oklahoma location in Oklahoma City next spring. The company will begin construction on the site, located near Quail Springs Mall at the southwestern quadrant of N. Western Avenue and the John Kilpatrick Turnpike, in the next few months.

Last September, TopGolf® announcedit was actively seeking a site in Oklahoma. The new 65,000-square-foot facility will feature: 102 hitting bays that can accommodate up to six players at one time; a full-service restaurant and bars; 4,000 square feet of private event space; a rooftop terrace; and more. The project is being funded through TopGolf’s investors and EPR Properties (NYSE: EPR), a $3.4 billion specialty real estate investment trust (REIT).

“The TopGolf team has been blown away by the support and enthusiasm we’ve seen from the people of Oklahoma since we first announced our interest in the market,” said TopGolf Chief Development Officer Randy Starr. “Oklahoma City officials have also been a great partner in bringing this deal to closure. We are now anxiously awaiting our opportunity to offer residents another entertainment attraction.”

Oklahoma City is the company’s 16th confirmed location, following San Antonio and Tampa. Starr estimates it will serve approximately 425,000 visitors in its first year of operation. Its 10-year total fiscal impact (including direct sales tax, property tax, business tax, etc.) will exceed $31 million. TopGolf also expects to hire approximately 400-450 associates at the new facility, creating 100 full-time positions.

Residents can follow TopGolf’s progress in Oklahoma City at topgolf.com/okc, facebook.com/topgolfokc and @TopGolfOKC on Twitter.

About TopGolf
    TopGolf is the emerging global leader in golf entertainment, with 10 locations serving more than 2 million guests annually. Players hit golf balls containing computer microchips that track each shot’s accuracy and distance while also awarding points for hitting targets on the outfield. Each facility offers an upscale, laid-back experience that features climate-controlled hitting bays and an impressive food and beverage menu crafted by an executive chef. Mix in dynamic event spaces for groups of all sizes, and TopGolf stands as the premier entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets the neighborhood’s favorite hangout. To learn more about TopGolf, visit www.topgolf.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox13.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	6424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox12.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	6425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox11.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	6426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox10.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	6427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox9.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	6428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox8.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	6429   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox7.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	6430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skybox6.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	6431  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg12.JPG 
Views:	593 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	6432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg10.JPG 
Views:	470 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	6433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg9.JPG 
Views:	435 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	6434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg8.JPG 
Views:	420 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	6435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg7.JPG 
Views:	408 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	6436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg6.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	6437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg5.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	6438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg4.JPG 
Views:	393 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	6439  

Name:	tg3.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	6440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg2.JPG 
Views:	421 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	6441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg13.jpg 
Views:	3417 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	7883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg14.jpg 
Views:	3408 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	7884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg15.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	7885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg16.jpg 
Views:	3363 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	7886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg17.jpg 
Views:	3381 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	7887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg18.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	7888  

Name:	chisholm1.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	7889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chisholm2.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	7890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chisholm3.jpg 
Views:	3493 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	7891  

Default Re: Top Golf confirms OKC development

they basically believe that they can run skybox out of business as there is no way both of them will surviive in the long run. One of them should strongly reconsider their current location.

I suspect that Skybox may reconsider their plans.

They still have one small approval pending; a parking variance.

I don't believe they've broken ground but have not doubt spent a ton of money on design/plans/engineering. The land has not changed hands as of yet, but it could have been a ground lease all along.

5. Default Re: Top Golf confirms OKC development

Im looking forward to speak too and get some thoughts of some of the Skybox investors that are out at OT National about top golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I suspect that Skybox may reconsider their plans.

They still have one small approval pending; a parking variance.

I don't believe they've broken ground but have not doubt spent a ton of money on design/plans/engineering. The land has not changed hands as of yet, but it could have been a ground lease all along.
    Do you think they will scrap their plans, or look to put it in the moore/norman area?

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Do you think they will scrap their plans, or look to put it in the moore/norman area?
    With all they have invested thus far, you'd think it would make sense to move Skybox elsewhere.

From what I was told by the TopGolf people, they do not plan any more locations in Oklahoma in the near future.

BTW, the Skybox investors are attorneys who office near Quail Springs.

Why could they not both survive during the long run? As long as they are literally not next door to each other, wouldn't a "golf district" be good for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why could they not both survive during the long run? As long as they are literally not next door to each other, wouldn't a "golf district" be good for them?
    They might as well be next door next to each other. I admit I'm not a golfer, but I just don't see how two driving ranges can survive that close to each other. Is there really that much demand to shoot golfballs off a deck? Maybe if these were smaller driving range facilities.

Both of these being built would be a slam dunk for the consumers!

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post

They might as well be next door next to each other. I admit I'm not a golfer, but I just don't see how two driving ranges can survive that close to each other. Is there really that much demand to shoot golfballs off a deck? Maybe if these were smaller driving range facilities.
    First, let's not confuse either of these places with a "driving range." I consider a driving range a place where committed golfers go to practice.

These type places are essentially bowling alleys for golf, where you go with friends to toss back beers and participate in a game that all in the group may or may not be good at.

As far as demand, the one in west Houston near my hometown is ridiculously packed 24/7, it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    First, let's not confuse either of these places with a "driving range." I consider a driving range a place where committed golfers go to practice.

These type places are essentially bowling alleys for golf, where you go with friends to toss back beers and participate in a game that all in the group may or may not be good at.

As far as demand, the one in west Houston near my hometown is ridiculously packed 24/7, it's insane.
    Tells you how many bad golfers there are down in H'town!

^^^^^
    but there is not a second one a mile away is there? There is simply not enough demand in a niche market like this to have 2 in OKC a mile apart.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post

Top Golf makes Skybox Golf look like a normal "Driving range". Skybox golf is pretty lame in comparison, buts thats just my opinion. Targeting southsiders seems like a safer investment.

Sounds like the Chisholm Creek development will be starting soon. Should start seeing infrastructure work begin soon if this will be opening in about a year.

I believe they are already putting in roads and other infrastructure.

Wouldn't be surprised to see an official announcement about Cabela's soon.

You sure you're not confusing some of the work going on for St. Anthony's?

Wouldn't be surprised to see an official announcement about Cabela's soon.
    Should we create a new thread for Chisholm Creek or will we just have individual threads on each tenant within the development?

I only ask cause I took a picture of the elevator cores for the hospital there and I don't really know where to place that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Should we create a new thread for Chisholm Creek or will we just have individual threads on each tenant within the development?

I only ask cause I took a picture of the elevator cores for the hospital there and I don't really know where to place that picture.
    Yeah, I'll create one for Chisholm Creek as there is already a lot going on there.

Thanks for all the photos!

Yeah, I'll create one for Chisholm Creek as there is already a lot going on there.

Thanks for all the photos!
    Not a problem. There are more, but I'm not a fan of all of them ;-)

TopGolf coming to Northwest OKC | News OK

TopGolf projects the Oklahoma City location will serve about 425,000 visitors during its first year.
    Dallas-based TopGolf was founded in 2000 and has 10 locations that serve more than 2 million customers each year.
    Is this fuzzy math? 2 million customers over 10 locations but the OKC location is going to 20% of that in one year?

Quote Originally Posted by NWOKCGuy View Post
    Is this fuzzy math? 2 million customers over 10 locations but the OKC location is going to 20% of that in one year?
    Maybe the 425,000 includes repeat visitors, while the 2,000,000 refers to unique customers.

I'm looking forward to this!

Top Golf is the real deal. Skybox is trailer park class.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Top Golf is the real deal. Skybox is trailer park class.
    Skybox hasn't been built yet, so how in the hell could you possible think this?

Thread Information