Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads Mall

Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Restaurant & Family (R&F) Mart has filed building permits for the entirety of the old JC Penney department store at the west end of the mall.

The top floor will be the retail store with a food court; the entrance will be toward the north, facing the future friendship gate. The bottom level will be all wholesale storage and sales with docks at the south end.

2. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

I can't wait for this.... I love World Fresh International Market but it's so disorganized.... If this store is better organized it will quickly become my new favorite.

3. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

good news!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

A elementary & high school, a cannabis farm, and a Asian Cotsco all in the same building, geez....lol

Tear down the "available" middle space make it into a park/plaza. Add a parking garage that connects the grower structure to the grocery store (this is where the main parking would be grocery store). Add a parking garage connecting the schools. Surrounding the current buildings and parking garages would be restaurants, retail, and office space. Create an outdoor mall, similar to the oak. It doesn't even have to be on that grand of a scale as long as it's pedestrian friendly. On the west side on the property apartments 5-8 story could be added too. I mean who wouldn't wanted to live walking distance to this grocery store?! There's too much concrete right now though. Add greenspace, trees, bikelanes throughout and make it walkable. The land could easily become successful if they hire the right people that will design it. Call it Crossroads Community and advertise it as the next place to live, work, and dine at. Hope the developers sees this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	566.3 KB 
ID:	17311 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	51 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	17312Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	579.0 KB 
ID:	17313

6. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    A elementary & high school, a cannabis farm, and a Asian Cotsco all in the same building, geez....lol
    ridiculous if you ask me, but does show you how progressively far Oklahoma has come. ...

7. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

Or just doze the whole thing and some of the crap around it for an industrial reserve.

Soccer stadium :P

8. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

OKC could deed it over to Valley Brook and turn it into the world's largest strip joint.

SB 1511 was signed into law yesterday:

SB 1511 prohibits any medical marijuana commercial grower from being within 1,000 feet of
    any public or private school, as measure from the nearest property line of the school to the
    nearest property line of the licensed grow operation. Grow operations are also prohibited from
    adjoining to or being located at the same physical address of any public or private school. Grow
    operations that met these requirements at the time of its initial licensure will be permitted to
    continue operation at its licensed premises. Additionally, if a school is established within 1,000
    feet of a grow operation after the operation has been licensed, these requirements will not be a
    deterrent to renewal of the license or warrant revocation of the license
    Because the proposed grow facility at Crossroads had not received its license (only a building permit) they will now not be able to go forward at this site, due to the proximity of Santa Fe schools.

It also means that other schools will be protected in a similar way on a go-forward basis.

Good.

11. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

It's about time.

There's PLENTY of other spaces for grow ops in and around OKC that's not near schools/children.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    SB 1511 was signed into law yesterday:

Because the proposed grow facility at Crossroads had not received its license (only a building permit) they will now not be able to go forward at this site, due to the proximity of Santa Fe schools.

It also means that other schools will be protected in a similar way on a go-forward basis.
    Do the schools mentioned include kindergartens?

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Do the schools mentioned include kindergartens?
    I'm sure it would include kindergartens, since they are schools.

Interestingly, permits were just filed for a new Chinese buffet restaurant, but it will be inside the mall without an exterior entrance; the one outside door shown is for deliveries. This would be totally separate from the store/warehouse/food court planned for the old JC Penney building to the west.

I believe that most recently this space was some sort of buffet, but it's being remodeled. At over 11,000 square feet, it's a huge space for a restaurant.

Customers would have to enter through the old north entrance to the mall, which means they'll have to take all the boards down and have a functioning entrance and exit. I suppose they could block off the rest of the mall, but maybe this is the start of trying to bring tenants and people into the mall itslef.

Just to the west of that mall entrance (opposite this new buffet), Braum's had a location they opened in 90's.

15. Default Re: Crossroads Mall

very intersting on the Mall Only entrance.

The restaurant itself makes me think of Fuze on NW Expressway. ...

this spot was originally picadilly cafeteria, right? if so, this was an asian buffet in the early 2000's, so it shouldn't need too much reconfiguration.

i wonder if there is any purpose to the 'egress corridor' on the right side of the image besides it being an artifact of the mall's layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    this spot was originally picadilly cafeteria, right? if so, this was an asian buffet in the early 2000's, so it shouldn't need too much reconfiguration.

i wonder if there is any purpose to the 'egress corridor' on the right side of the image besides it being an artifact of the mall's layout.
    I don't know anything about a Picadilly, but I do recall this spot being the Asian buffet.

I found this video walkthrough on the final couple of days of the mall. The first few minutes shows where the location where the buffet is going. Also, I didn't realize the old Braums door handles were still there even though it was gone for several years before the mall actually closed.

Bold move for the Asian Buffett to move in so early. Guess their hoping the grocery store will drive enough business?

I make it a point to go by Crossroads periodically and I did so yesterday.

I can't see any signs of movement on anything. Just tons of weeds and boarded-up entrances.

The building permits have all been issued. Not sure the reason for lack of progress.

I make it a point to go by Crossroads periodically and I did so yesterday.

I can't see any signs of movement on anything. Just tons of weeds and boarded-up entrances.

The building permits have all been issued. Not sure the reason for lack of progress.
    Can you still get in the mall though? I wish they would bulldoze the mall honestly, it is an eyesore to look at and it would be nice to have a new building that would be useable like office spaces and stuff like that

No, the entrances to the mall have been closed for a while.

Yes, there was a Picadilly cafeteria, I remembered I used to go to Picadilly cafeteria at Crossroads every Sunday after church

No, the entrances to the mall have been closed for a while.
    I was hoping to go inside so it will bring back memories

there is an antique show the first weekend of each month and you can enter a small portion of the mall then. admission is something like $2.

here is a pic i took from june 4th:

Name:	20220604_123406.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	17538

there is an antique show the first weekend of each month and you can enter a small portion of the mall then. admission is something like $2.

here is a pic i took from june 4th:

Name:	20220604_123406.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	17538
    It still looks the same but I will go next week and check it out

Thread Information