Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
Have a friend I use to take to North Care https://www.northcare.com/, there are a number of crisis intervention and behavioral modification facilities in the area (General Pershing). It's a sad sight to see with people walking the streets looking like zombies. They can't prescribe many of them take-home prescriptions; they are administered a daily or whatever prescribed dose.

Visit the area whenever you get the chance; can't really describe the hurt you will see. Will say there are many new structures built within the last decades--adds much to the community.
Adds to the community when you don't live or work in the area, like I have for almost 40 years. The concentration of psychiatric in patient hospital (with shielded, police and ambulance unloading area); mental health services center; low-barrier homeless shelter (that means no sobriety commitment-the only one in OKC, IIRC); Positive Tomorrows elementary school for homeless children; ReMerge training center for women leaving, or diverting from, the prison system; CityCare homeless housing (with a sober living commitment); ASTEC Charter School; AND the 15 plus acre field belonging to Acme Brick that abuts the Union Pacific right of way (which creates a wooded no man's land) all within 1,000 feet of each other creates a concentration of challenged humanity.

Having said all that...I don't feel any more unsafe or at risk that I was before. Common sense and street smarts have kept me, my property and vehicles safe. And my business is semi-industrial any way.

I get hit up for money at 23rd & Penn or 10th and Portland a lot more than I do at 10th and May.