Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111257 ... LastLast

Thread: Producers Coop

1. Default Re: Producers Coop

Quote Originally Posted by modernism View Post
    This pretty much kills the tower development for The Lumberyard, no developer will want to build luxury condos or apartments next to a smelly industrial factory. I don't understand why they want to stay there, crazy, this kills all potential development in the immediate area. It should be the other way around, they should be scrapping this area, selling the land, and moving all operations to S. Council.

This factory is an eyesore to people traveling on I-40, and will be people first impression for drivers entering downtown on the new boulevard. I'm tired of all the short sighted owners, who don't see the real vision here. Granted they tried to sell the land, but the asking price was way too much. If they were smart, instead of trying to sell all the land at one time, they should have cleaned up the area, and sold it piece by piece.

This factory has no benefit to downtown or Bricktown, its a waste of space and killer of potential developments.
    They are doing what makes sense for them. I can't blame them. It is still disappointing none the less.

Default Re: Producers Coop

No worries, they are only keeping 8 acres which will be easily claimed during some future eminent domain action. Sadly, they are shooting themselves in the foot by selling the land around them while keeping an industrial operation going. They could get so much more money by buying 8 acres somewhere else and moving to it. I'll bet there is a boat load of environmental cleanup that will need to be done on the site as well.

Of course, if their in little noise and no odor or air emissions then there is no reason residential and light industrial can't co-exist, so long as the light industrial adopts good urban development standards.

A lot of people like the Producers Co-op and want it to stay put and think it brings uniqueness to downtown OKC. I disagree but it really doesn't matter what I think. I think what this shows is that the downtown OKC real estate market isn't hot enough where this property is worth enough for them to sell. If this were Austin, it would be valued so high it wouldn't make sense NOT to sell it and developers would be clamoring to get their claim on it. OKC is likely going to need to see the park, convention center, and boulevard completed along with Core 2 Shore well underway before selling will start to become a viable option for them.

They have been asking almost $3 million an acre on a huge contaminated property.

It's probably worth about 1/10th what they've been asking.

When they get realistic about the price, it will sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have been asking almost $3 million an acre on a huge contaminated property.

That is exactly my point. At $3 million an acre, the downtown OKC market will have to be much hotter than it is right now for it to sell. Under the right conditions they could realistically get that for it, but not in 2014. Maybe in 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    That is exactly my point. At $3 million an acre, the downtown OKC market will have to be much hotter than it is right now for it to sell. Under the right conditions they could realistically get that for it, but not in 2014. Maybe in 2025.
    Not in 2025 either.

It's overpriced by a factor of at least 10. The market is not going to appreciate 1000% in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    No worries, they are only keeping 8 acres which will be easily claimed during some future eminent domain action. Sadly, they are shooting themselves in the foot by selling the land around them while keeping an industrial operation going. They could get so much more money by buying 8 acres somewhere else and moving to it. I'll bet there is a boat load of environmental cleanup that will need to be done on the site as well.

Of course, if their in little noise and no odor or air emissions then there is no reason residential and light industrial can't co-exist, so long as the light industrial adopts good urban development standards.
    JTF, I don't think you read the article correctly, they are only keeping 8 acres of the land on S. Council. They are keeping all land south if The Lumberyard .

Seems like the CEO Austin Rodes is backwards on this whole thing. He should be dismantling the plant south of Bricktown, selling that land in 5-10 acre packages at reasonable price points, and moving all operations to S. Council. Seems like he would make more money doing that, it makes sense.

9. Default Re: Producers Coop

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    it really doesn't matter what I think.
    Finally, something that bchris and I agree on.

I don't think even then. Any savvy developer would want the public sector to secure an EPA brownfields grant for cleanup like Gary Brooks did with the Steel Yard site.

Biggest eye-sore in DT, outside of Uhual building. Wish they'd just move to council like they we're suppose to do. That land would blossom in a heartbeat! Lumber yard will never develope properly if they don't get rid of the place putting that horrid smell through downtown.

Core2shore Re: Producers Coop

Really sad that they're selling their property on Council Road. Time to plant those rows of trees and try and hide the ugly sucker since it may be there for many years to come. Maybe the trees will also absorb some of the smell as well.

Blog Entries

Have to agree with you. There are times when I have driven home late at night on the 40 and have been taken aback by that smell, it is showstopping--not unlike the Purina smell that drifts through Edmond from their factory.

Pete, I can't find the article. How much per acre did Stage Center sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    Pete, I can't find the article. How much per acre did Stage Center sell for?
    $4.275 million; about $1.35 million per acre.

I saw that they have their 156 acres on Council listed for $9,513,504.

Is it just me or has this thing been smelling even more awful lately?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCinsomniac View Post
    Is it just me or has this thing been smelling even more awful lately?
    It's been almost unbearable the past week or so. I have to go right past it on my way to and from work. Not exaggerating I almost threw up in my car.

It's probably due to the hot weather and wind patterns (from the south).

Its been much more noticeably worse. Has to be more than just the heat or wind. Its been by far the worst it has ever been.

21. Default Re: Producers Coop

must be some rotten cotten

22. Default Re: Producers Coop

Can the city enact a 'smell' ordinance to encourage them to move to the industrial area?

I believe there are sound ordinances, so I wonder if a smell could work. :.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Anybody else noticed they power washed all of the dirt off of their buildings? Its beautiful.

That explains why that massive canola processing plant in Enid was never built that I've seen plans for several times over the past few years.

Thread Information