Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1610

Thread: Producers Coop

Default Re: Producers Coop

There is a market for used locomotives, and hopefully that's where this unit will head. Current new locomotive builders don't offer much in the way of small switching power like they did years ago, so today's railroad's smaller units are rebuilds or gen sets. So there should be a home out there for this one. If they lift the whole thing up on a low boy to move it, that's a good sign. If they break out the torches where it sits, say good bye.

2. Default Re: Producers Coop

just wonder why they didn't move it out before the rails got removed. ....??
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

You would have to bring in someone to inspect and certify it, then pay the railroad to move it. Probably cheaper to hoist and lowboy it out.

4. Default Re: Producers Coop

ok thanks for that. I was thinking it might have been cheaper to railroad it out while it was there but you make a great point. ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    ok thanks for that. I was thinking it might have been cheaper to railroad it out while it was there but you make a great point. ..
    When I was a working switchman on the BNSF back in 2015, here’s how it would have worked out. If the loco could have passed inspection by the inspectors, the job that pulled and spotted Producers would have brought the loco and empty cars back to Flynn yard. The loco would have then been switched in the yard to the evening SLWC transfer job and gone back downtown to the SLWC yard. The SLWC would have then switched the loco and another job would have taken it east to the UP interchange. Then the UP would have brought it back westbound to Harter yard and switched it to the track running to OKC Railroad Musueun, for them to move to the museum! Whew, there you go....

6. Default Re: Producers Coop

omg, does sound more complicated than trucking it out. .... freew!

hopefully it WILL go to the OK Railroad Museum!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    omg, does sound more complicated than trucking it out. .... freew!

hopefully it WILL go to the OK Railroad Museum!!!
    Me too,

8. Default Re: Producers Coop

Surprised it would have had to pass inspections...that piece of equipment was restored in the past 10-15 years and ran regularly on the rails in that yard in the past decade.

They can run it on private property all they want, but in order to pull it out on the main line, it has to pass FRA regulations. Even still, using it on the property for business, it would need to pass federal & state industry safety standards, like any other piece of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by rezman View Post
    They can run it on private property all they want, but in order to pull it out on the main line, it has to pass FRA regulations. Even still, using it on the property for business, it would need to pass federal & state industry safety standards, like any other piece of equipment.
    Does the FRA not have a "ferry permit" similar to the FAA for aviation. The FAA will grant single use ferry permits for aircraft that are unserviceable, but operable. These can be used to get an aircraft to a different shop, or for a single use to move it to it's final resting place.

According to a post in the Sooner State Rails facebook group, PCOM 1944 was in the process of being loaded onto a flatbed truck via crane on Friday (17 Mar). Unfortunately, the poster on Facebook wasn't able to get any pictures of them loading the switcher onto the truck. I definitely hope she goes somewhere that appreciates her!

^

Yes, I took drone photos on Sunday and it's completely gone.

My understanding is that the Coop made a deal with the demolition company who agreed to knock $50K off their bill.

I believe it will be preserved but I don't know the details.

Not to derail (pun intended) the conversation, but I read this today, and immediately thought of this site. If Amy Webb is right about this trend going forward, OKC definitely has adequate supply of vacant land and could be a competitive metropolitan as technology continues to change they way we interact with real estate.

Googles New Landscraper Will be as Long as a Super Tall Skyscraper is High

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    Not to derail (pun intended) the conversation, but I read this today, and immediately thought of this site. If Amy Webb is right about this trend going forward, OKC definitely has adequate supply of vacant land and could be a competitive metropolitan as technology continues to change they way we interact with real estate.

Googles New Landscraper Will be as Long as a Super Tall Skyscraper is High

Landscrapers, that's an interesting article. Guess you call OKC's Centennial Land Run Monument a landscraper mounument.

Hope the big players develop some land mark figures like what we see in the placeholders below.

The Producer's COOP Mill prepares their prime 42 acres as they clear the old mill structues. Can't wait to see how they divide the acreage into parcels along with the development that follows.

As much as I love skyscrapers, anything resembling that layout and big box stores fronting the new Boulevard would be probably the biggest fail since the IM Pei plan failure. The canal should be straight and, IMO, form a giant square and a standard street grid should be built.

Sadly...the above pic is not close to what is planned.

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    Sadly...the above pic is not close to what is planned.
    You know this how?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    You know this how?
    I'll have more on this soon.

It will be a mix of mid-rise residential, parking structures, perhaps hotels and big-box retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'll have more on this soon.

It will be a mix of mid-rise residential, parking structures, perhaps hotels and big-box retail.
    Big box? Don't like that. But I guess that is all Sooner Investments knows.

Their portfolio is a nightmare of parking lots and stripmall style retail. I fear we are going to see Lower Bricktown Volume 2

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Their portfolio is a nightmare of parking lots and stripmall style retail. I fear we are going to see Lower Bricktown Volume 2
    ... or worse, based on some of their past work. Sigh.

Let's just say that based on preliminary plans most people here are going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    You know this how?
    I've seen the rough plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Let's just say that based on preliminary plans most people here are going to be disappointed.
    I know I should wait until seeing the plans, but do you expect the city to put up much fuss over the design principles for the development, or wave it on through? Squandering an opportunity like this would be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    I know I should wait until seeing the plans, but do you expect the city to put up much fuss over the design principles for the development, or wave it on through? Squandering an opportunity like this would be devastating.
    I suspect they will give them resistance using the downtown development frameworkas ammo. However, IDK how effective they will be in getting their way.

Thread Information