Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Civic

Default Re: Civic Center Flats

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    $230/ft is cheaper than anything else for sale downtown. Most things are going for $250 and up. I think that, and the fact there is such a small amount of for sale housing in downtown and midtown is the reason these are selling for that. But to pay that and not even have covered parking? Ehhh, no thanks.
    If you can get $230/sf then you can build high-rise housing, which then expands the market for downtown living because the views are a major added amenity that nobody else can offer.

Default Re: Civic

Looks like they have broken ground on these. Also, there's only 15 out of 34 still for sale, so it looks like they hit their halfway point recently.

Construction fence but no activity or equipment:

Construction will start here in about two weeks.

Blog Entries

Sweet!

About time. Was driving through here the other day and wondered what the hold up was.

They have pre-sold 19 of the 34 units.

That's pretty darn strong.

This project recently received approval for a pretty significant change in the exterior, balconies and windows:

Is that steel siding?

HangryHippo Guest

That's quite the change, but I kind of like it. It appears they decided against the cream colored brick from earlier renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    That's quite the change, but I kind of like it. It appears they decided against the cream colored brick from earlier renderings.
    I don't think so. The picture Pete just shared is the north elevation whereas the renderings above are the south elevation. In the picture Pete just shared, you see the cream brick remains on the west (and ostensibly the north) elevation. I don't think we have seen renderings of the north elevation on this forum.

12. Default Re: Civic

I really like the change a lot. Wasn't a fan of the other exterior.

13. Default Re: Civic

Did Sid move back? That looks like him walking down the street.

14. Default Re: Civic

^I almost posted the same thing!

They have broken ground on this project:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This project recently received approval for a pretty significant change in the exterior, balconies and windows:

Love the new design independent of anything else, but the only drawback is that it doesn't match as well with the beige-ness of the civic district...

17. Default Re: Civic

^^^^^
    It's more neighborhood-sensitive than you might think. That side faces The Haven (former Sycamore Square), which is largely constructed of dark gray-brown brick. If you look at it from that perspective, it actually helps tie dissimilar architectural styles together.

Blog Entries

Sid (unfortunately for us) still lives in Seattle, but agree that it looks very much like him.

19. Default Re: Civic

Yeah, I was of course joking...

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^
    It's more neighborhood-sensitive than you might think. That side faces The Haven (former Sycamore Square), which is largely constructed of dark gray-brown brick. If you look at it from that perspective, it actually helps tie dissimilar architectural styles together.
    Sycamore has an architectural style?

Civic Center WPA-style > Sycamore Haven

Now that's just from a city planning perspective. From a developer's perspective I wouldn't doubt that buyers wanted to see this change, and would rather live in a typical modern condo than a unique WPA-inspired beige box.

On the balance I'm lukewarm, just pointing out where these differences could have arisen. I think Bradshaw is very talented in knowing what the high-end housing consumer wants out of downtown living.

Is the south elevation still the same or also changed?

21. Default Re: Civic

Never did I suggest Sycamore was a good example of anything. I just pointed out that the Civic seems to be attempting to by architecturally sympathetic to neighbors across the street in both directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Did Sid move back? That looks like him walking down the street.
    Lol. I miss Sid and his family. What great life they all brought to this city! Really, good, peeps.

Blog Entries

Sid and his family are THE best.

I just found out yesterday that a former co-worker of mine is buying here. She said that she and her husband are expecting there's to be ready to move in by late summer.

25. Default Re: Civic

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Love the new design independent of anything else, but the only drawback is that it doesn't match as well with the beige-ness of the civic district...
    That was my thought. Would normally be fine with the dark brick. But with a name like Civic, you'd think part of the tie-in would be the exterior matching. I mean I guess it will match some to the new jail...LOL

Thread Information