Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Club

1. Default Re: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Cl

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    Convergeys could not find employees and Sam's won't be able to either. I think that they pay about the same. Sam's told me that the NW Expressway store is down 30 employees and 3 managers.
    If they paid was Costco does, there would be no problem.

2. Default Re: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Cl

Quote Originally Posted by venture View Post
    If they paid was Costco does, there would be no problem.
    You are correct.

Default Re: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Cl

One thing working for the hiring managers is there aren't many job alternatives in Moore.

Default Re: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Cl

My son works for Sam's Club on the West side of OKC. They pay $7.75/hour to start and work you around 30 to 35 hours per week. That pay is for stockers and cart clerks. Don't know what other positions get paid. So basically it's a job you take while you're looking for a real job.

5. Default Re: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Cl

Costco starts at $11.50/hr...Maybe Walmart could take a queue from them.

Saw yesterday that all the building was finally gone.

The walls have started going up.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    My son works for Sam's Club on the West side of OKC. They pay $7.75/hour to start and work you around 30 to 35 hours per week. That pay is for stockers and cart clerks. Don't know what other positions get paid. So basically it's a job you take while you're looking for a real job.

I worked for sams club in Tulsa in 2005 to 2006 and I STARTED at 10.90 an hour as a cashier and went up to 11.75 an hour after my first raise. Not sure how their pay scale is done now, but with prior retail experience and being at another job for 5 consecutive years it added 30 cents onto the base pay (around minimum wage-ish) for each year of prior experience and an additional dollar for the 5 year milestone.

Seems they are moving right along now and have quite a few walls started and the base laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Seems they are moving right along now and have quite a few walls started and the base laid out.

Small update - the gas station will now be located on the same lot as the building. They are no longer putting it in next to Jimmy Johns.

Moore Chamber posted on their Twitter planned opening is first of May.

http://t.co/5Xw6BAoW6m

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Moore Chamber posted on their Twitter planned opening is first of May.

http://t.co/5Xw6BAoW6m
    wasnt it supposed to open this month originally? i thought i read that somewhere. i wonder what the hold up is.

Quote Originally Posted by seaofchange View Post
    wasnt it supposed to open this month originally? i thought i read that somewhere. i wonder what the hold up is.
    I have always heard April as a completion date. Of course it takes Walmart a few weeks to hire employees and stock so. May sounds correct.

Always heard April too.

15. Default Re: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Cl

I can confirm April.... Small possibility it will be late March but more than likely April.

16. Default Re: Call center in Moore to close, lay off up to 375 workers to make way for Sam's Cl

May 7th is the rescheduled opening date.

Thread Information