Widgets Magazine
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28737475767778
Results 1,926 to 1,938 of 1938

Thread: Dallas

Default Re: Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Dallas will most likely be hosting the 2026 World Cup Final: https://www.axios.com/local/dallas/2...nal-2026-texas
    They really need DART or at least a southern TEXRail line south from DFW Airport out to Arlington along I-30 or close to. No mass-transit options are going to make travel for attendees a nightmare.

2. Default Re: Dallas

IIRC, Arlington opted out of DART and the tax in order to build the sports stadiums

The Dallas area will host the most matches of any city during the 2026 FIFA Men's World Cup

https://www.axios.com/local/dallas/2...host-city-2026

But Arlington and AT&T Stadium lost out to NY/NJ for the Final game

A monster boom is taking shape in Dallas’ Uptown and Turtle Creek areas
    Twenty major real estate developments are underway or proposed near Dallas’ Uptown and Turtle Creek areas.

The area north of downtown Dallas that includes Uptown, Victory Park and Turtle Creek is seeing an unprecedented building boom.

More than $2 billion in buildings are on the way in almost two dozen major projects. Some of the largest developments include major employment centers for Goldman Sachs and Bank of America.

At the same time, developers are working on high-rise residential buildings for both renters and buyers.
    19 high-rise projects listed in the article (some with multiple buildings) and one mid-rise apartment with retail.

Current pic of 23Springs and 2811 Maple going up in Uptown

Source: Dallas Morning News

Hanover Turtle Creek U/C - 1 of 2 towers planned

Paywall $ https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...e-creek-areas/

Good grief that's a lot. I hope most of them will be built and not just end being being empty announcements......

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    Good grief that's a lot. I hope most of them will be built and not just end being being empty announcements......
    I'm thinking we'll see at least half end up getting built.

Reunion tower is at risk of coming down.If high speed rails constructed according to one source

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Reunion tower is at risk of coming down.If high speed rails constructed according to one source
    I don't think this makes sense. The tower could make a pretty cool centerpiece of a rail station. Redevelop the hotel into a more multi-use project. Is this a means to Hunt trying to get some government funding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I don't think this makes sense. The tower could make a pretty cool centerpiece of a rail station. Redevelop the hotel into a more multi-use project. Is this a means to Hunt trying to get some government funding?
    I definitely see that as a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Most likely Hunt is just pushing to get the rail line built via tunnel. I don't disagree that if it's an elevated line that it would do nothing to help that area of downtown. They are most certainly being dramatic about having to 'tear it down' if the line is built but that's one way to light a fire under random people and city leaders though is to threaten that.

I lived a few blocks north of this area for a while and have stayed in the hotel several times. It's already cut off from the rest of downtown due to the current rail lines, adding elevated tracks would be terrible for the west end of downtown. Plus having the massive highways just to the west. It would make more sense to bury the tracks than do elevated through downtown Dallas.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dfw-airpo...162058891.html

Dubai (DXB) passes DFW by 5 million passengers last year (82M vs 87M)

1.Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta: 104.7M passengers
    2.Dubai: 87M passengers
    3.Dallas/Fort Worth: 81.8M passengers
    4.London Heathrow, UK: 79.2M passengers
    5.Tokyo Haneda, Japan: 78.7M passengers

Thread Information