Widgets Magazine
Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 246970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2561

Thread: Omni Hotel

Default Re: Convention Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    agreed.. baffled by the strong hate. I like the design of ours better than most of the other omnis I've seen. The open air cafe/restaurant spaces, pool that faces the park, the fact that there will be some brick rather than just eifs... One could argue about the city and financing and what not, I'm but the building/hotel itself looks like it will be very nice.
    I like the hotel and general design, I think the issue is more about what we are getting for our tax dollars, and that's more than fair.

^
    Your 100% correct in many of your points, but Louisville paid way more for their hotel and it's not as close as it seems. The total construction cost for L'ville was $320 million. They already owned the land and their parking garage was gifted to them from River city for $17 million. So basically L'ville has an actual $300 million dollar building. That's not including the garage or nothing else, that's the actual building.

3. Default Re: Convention Hotel

Curious.
    Has Architect, or someone else, posted a 3D model of the CBD (viewed from a few angles) incorporating the Omni as currently designed?
    If it's been posted, I missed it somehow. Would love to see it.

Blog Entries

Designs for the 17-story Omni 605 room Omni to be built next to the city's new convention center shows the hotel will front the future downtown boulevard with restaurants and bars designed also to draw visitors at the future Scissortail Park.

The new $235.5 million convention center hotel agreement requires OKC to subsidize $85.4 million; while Omni invests $150.1 million.

Proposed Fairfield Inn & Suites will be a 5-story, 133-room hotel on the southwest corner of SW 4th and Shields.

Total room count on the new convention center complex site south of the Chesapeake Energy Arena will offer 738 rooms.

That is the old design for the Fairfield Inn and Suites

Proposed Fairfield Inn & Suites will be a 5-story, 133-room hotel on the southwest corner of SW 4th and Shields.[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries

Oops! Thanks for calling this to my attention.

Proposed Fairfield Inn & Suites will be a 5-story, 130-room hotel on the southwest corner of SW 4th and Shields.
    735 rooms will be on the convention center complex site.

Omni Hotels submits final plans for approval

Omni has submitted design plans for their proposed 605-room convention hotel which will be reviewed by the Downtown Design Review Committee on May 17th.

The group had previously won the right to develop the city-owned site through an RFP process that was overseen by the Alliance for Economic Development as part of the MAPS 3 convention center project.

The plans for the 18-story hotel show 2 large restaurants on the ground floor as well as a bar and coffee shop, all located on the ground floor.

The 2nd level will contain convention space including grand and junior ballrooms, meeting rooms, concierge and a business center. The 3rd will feature a fitness center, spa area, outdoor amenity bar and large deck with a pool overlooking Scissortail Park which should finish later this year.

The convention center will also connect directly to the hotel via a 2nd level skywalk and a similar temperature-controlled elevated walkway is planned between the convention center and proposed parking structure.

Among the 605 rooms, several are designated as 'NBA Compatible' with special allowances for ceiling, door and shower head height as well as larger beds. The hotel will be located directly south of Chesapeake Arena.

Omni will receive $85.4 million in financial incentives from the city and will also have use of a new parking garage to be built on a soon to be relocated OG&E data center site, which is immediately to the east. It is estimated that the city will also incur approximately $50 million in interest costs as the arrangement with Omni requires all the incentives to be paid before they start construction.

The convention center is currently out for bid and it's expected construction will start later this year.

By the way, the total height shown on the plans is 214 feet 4 inches.

I’m very excited for this!

Assuming 70% occupancy on your average night and a (my guess) average reservation size of 1.5 people, this should provide about 600-650 people on that block any given night. These are people who will be going to the park, riding the streetcar, going to Bricktown etc.. like it or not this is a great anchor for the park and Core 2 Shore.

Can mere mortals who aren't even that tall but are just sick of having to duck under most hotel shower heads request one of the NBA rooms? Assuming there's not a game and the actual NBA isn't currently using them of course. I don't seem to have a problem with beds, and it isn't all hotels, but I've been in too darn many that designed the bathroom very poorly. "Put the shower head at 5 feet." "What about people who are six feet tall?" "Eh, that's their problem!"

Looks fantastic!

I'm excited about the possibility of having an elaborate sports bar directly across from CHK.

Also, it means that nice southwestern entrance to the arena will finally highly visible.

Will be really fun to watch the the streetcar and Scisscortail Park come together later this year, then have the convention center and Omni moving fast along the east side of the park. The whole area will be completely transformed in just a couple of years.

Pool not in the shape of Oklahoma, boo

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180419.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	14586

What are the circled buildings? The one on the left I guess could be the renaissance, but I don't think the alignment is right. Is it all just bogus?

16. Default Re: Convention Hotel

None of those buildings exist or are planned. Not sure why they even made the rendering. It’s possible at that angle that you might see some of the Riversport stuff, but mostly in that direction is a whole lot of nothing.

Blog Entries

That's what I thought. Was like hey, are we getting a sneak peak at something someone knows about or what?

Blog Entries

now that I think about it, since ours is similar to some other Omnis, probably they did a copy/paste of the file and made appropriate changes, forgetting to remove the background from another city.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    None of those buildings exist or are planned. Not sure why they even made the rendering. It’s possible at that angle that you might see some of the Riversport stuff, but mostly in that direction is a whole lot of nothing.
    I'm calling BS and starting a new mystery tower thread based from this rendering.

20. Default Re: Convention Hotel

Rabble rouser

21. Default Re: Convention Hotel

don't forget about the new Fairmont Oklahoma City Downtown hotel, which is first to the local market and appears to be built nicely for an urban environment along S Shields. I just hope they design the parking garage to allow for human interaction along shields to create a pedestrian corridor to/from the Fairmont.

We shouldn't ONLY build everything for Omni, there's somebody else in the neighborhood and they happen to be there before anyone. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180419.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	14586

What are the circled buildings? The one on the left I guess could be the renaissance, but I don't think the alignment is right. Is it all just bogus?
    It's all bogus but here is a close-up:

Also, this is the basement parking. Will be 178 spaces.

I like it a lot. can't wait to see it all start coming together. I am really curious as to what the lighting of the building will look like at night.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    That's what I thought. Was like hey, are we getting a sneak peak at something someone knows about or what?
    we are getting a sneak peak that devon is rebranding to their old logo and moving back into the continental building

Thread Information