Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

Thread: In-n-Out Burger

1. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

The validation craving is never sated. I recall when "if we could just get a Cheesecake Factory" and "if only we had a PF Chang's" were the phrases of the day. Well, they finally arrived, and you, me and everyone else has basically forgotten about them. Old hat. The same can be said for retail such as Whole Foods, West Elm, Container Store, Restoration Hardware, etc. Is it nice to have those places? Of course. Would we be somehow less of a city of one or more of those were missing? Not really.

Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Very true.

I think, for me, whenever we do land one of the desired chains, I end up going maybe once or twice then rarely go to the one here and then never go to it when I travel.

I usually hit In N Out if I can when I'm visiting somewhere that has them, but I suspect that if we get one here, I wouldn't go with any real frequency and probably would just stop going altogether when I'm in one of their other markets. There's no doubt it would do well, though.

Dallas got it, so we want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Completely agree. In-n-Out is just that, fast food. It's simply a matter of having another place to have lunch, instead of having the same stuff, or making my own food. It's not a matter of In-n-Out being better or worse than Braums or Whataburger or Wendy's or something local. It's just having something different as well as finally getting a big national name into our city/area.
    Agreed........not like we would be getting something really validating and the king of drunk 2 am food.....white castle!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    what "local" fast food places exist in Norman and OKC that have better burgers?? ... because that is what IN-n-Out is FAST FOOD>.... they don't try or claim to be anything else ..

The thread just say "In-N-Out" burgers, doesn't say any thing about fast ood.

Pub W, 405 Burgers, O'Connels, Legends, Vans

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    The thread just say "In-N-Out" burgers, doesn't say any thing about fast ood.

Pub W, 405 Burgers, O'Connels, Legends, Vans
    If a thread just said "McDonald's" would you compete it to Chili's or New State? No, because those are sit-down restaurants, not fast food. Or Freddie's steak burger to Mahogany.

Same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    If a thread just said "McDonald's" would you compete it to Chili's or New State? No, because those are sit-down restaurants, not fast food. Or Freddie's steak burger to Mahogany.

Same difference.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    thank you
    OK, sure, go with that one, it's good practice when you run for office.

If it didn't specify "fast food" yes, I would. But who's to argue details!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Completely agree. In-n-Out is just that, fast food. It's simply a matter of having another place to have lunch, instead of having the same stuff, or making my own food. It's not a matter of In-n-Out being better or worse than Braums or Whataburger or Wendy's or something local. It's just having something different as well as finally getting a big national name into our city/area.

Plus, it's easy. In-n-Out is food, so if you don't like it, just...don't get it. I, for one, would love to have it here.
    This is 100% how I see it too. It gives me more options when I'm hungry and want a fast-food burger. While I wouldn't say In-n-Out's burgers are mindblowing or anything, they do make a solid burger that I crave on occasion. It would be nice to have one if possible. It's the same way I feel about Culver's or White Castle or Krystal's.

There is a slight bit of validation to having them here, in that it means we really are growing as a city; the larger a city/metro area is, the more diverse restaurants it can support. So it's cool from that standpoint too, but not a driving force as to why I would want In-n-Out to open a store here.

People who don’t get in-n-out just don’t get it. I hope one comes to OKC but so far I’m not impressed with any other than the west coast. In fact I’m going to get one now that I think about it.

The ones in Texas are not nearly as good as the one's in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    The ones in Texas are not nearly as good as the one's in LA.
    +1

Thread Information