Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: In-n-Out Burger

Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    That is not the right state.
    The name seems right, though, In-n-Out. Oklahoma doesn't need a fancy name for just a hamburger joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    The name seems right, though, In-n-Out. Oklahoma doesn't need a fancy name for just a hamburger joint.
    Except there is nothing in n out about it lol. You will usually need to set aside at least 15 minutes a lot of times 30 minutes for the drive thru even.

3. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Except there is nothing in n out about it lol. You will usually need to set aside at least 15 minutes a lot of times 30 minutes for the drive thru even.
    Eh the ones in Texas are very quick. Just busy on opening then it levels out. I wouldn't say I spend more time there than a Sonic

Blog Entries

I could. Been to a couple of the ones in North Dallas and they didn’t taste like the ones in SoCal. They weren’t good.
    Okay... we agree to disagree. Been eating them for years and I believe the taste difference is indiscernible. They are plenty busy in Dallas so I bet most people think they are pretty good and living up to their reputation.

Blog Entries

You certainly have a beef with them (pun intended). Your objections remind me of the Yogi Berraism that a certain restaurant was so busy no one goes there anymore. On one hand, if they were as bad as you think, they would be a failure. If they have waits of 15-30 min (which they certainly don't) then people must be really loving them and being loyal. Can't have it both ways. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    You certainly have a beef with them (pun intended). Your objections remind me of the Yogi Berraism that a certain restaurant was so busy no one goes there anymore. On one hand, if they were as bad as you think, they would be a failure. If they have waits of 15-30 min (which they certainly don't) then people must be really loving them and being loyal. Can't have it both ways. LOL.
    True. I love In n out though lol. I don’t know maybe I’m crazy but there just seems to be a weird taste to the meat when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Eh the ones in Texas are very quick. Just busy on opening then it levels out. I wouldn't say I spend more time there than a Sonic
    Yeah the ones in Dallas are pretty speedy. Come to LA though. The original one off of I-5 is sometimes fast.

Default In-N-Out Burger

If this has been posted before, sorry for the dup. Saw this on Facebook.
    https://klaw.com/oklahoma-in-n-out-burger/

Default Re: In-N-Out Burger

I've had In-n-Out only once, a few years ago
    just before Covid hit, at the In n Out in La Quinta whackyfornia on HWY 111 in the town of La Quinta.

I was excited to get the so called legendary wonderful burger and fries. I was so disappointed, it was blah.

I'm not saying it was bad, but it was soooo underwhelming and mediocore at best.

Just FYI there’s nothing in that article that hasn’t been discussed here before.

I’ve eaten at the In-N-Outs in Colorado and Texas. They have sucked every time. Not sure why. The ones in Cali, Nevada, and Arizona are the best.

I am not happy they expanded to Tennessee. I think Texas and Oklahoma is as far west as they should go. Some chains just aren’t meant to be worldwide chains and this is one of them. Whataburger and Dave’s Hot Chicken are two examples of this. Their quality has gone down hill with Dave’s being much more dramatic. Im almost embarrassed I hyped them up as much as I did here as their quality has been sh!t lately.

My only complain with In-N-Out is their lack of ways to order. They need to allow for deliveries and mobile order pickup.

That said In-N-Out is one of the best businesses I’ve ever seen. They are always incredibly packed at every location I’ve ever seen them at in the SW. The consistency of the quality of their food beats Chick-fil-A, IMO. Their burgers are amazing as are their fries.

I can’t say much good about their Texas locations and the Denver locations was comically bad.

Hit or miss for me with In-n-Out, Best ones I've had are in CA. But they have the 4th highest sales-per-store in fast food, and they're not a "big chain", so doing something right. (Chik-fil-A is #1).

In-N-Out expands to NM (Alburquerque) and Tennessee. I went to the one in Dallas when it opened and Meh. I don't get the hype.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...6b6ebf25&ei=16

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    In-N-Out expands to NM (Alburquerque) and Tennessee. I went to the one in Dallas when it opened and Meh. I don't get the hype.
    Because ABQ is super hip and happening...some poster on here said OKC won't get one because it isn't hip, yet ABQ definitely is. Lolololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Definitely over hyped. Good for fast food, though.

The twin dynamos of Braums and Sonic are insurmountable competition.

The outside of west suck, IMO. Even the one in Denver isn’t good. AZ, NV, and CA are the only good states where In-N-Out slaps. It definitely ranks as one of my favorite burgers especially factoring in the price.

Too many other places to get a good burger in OKC. In-n-out not sure would do all that great. I wouldn't go out of my way for one in okc. I would go to El Reno or Nic's or Patty Wagon or S&B burger joint Tuckers is good Garage is good I could name about 5 other places to go before IN-N-Out

I like in-n-out but I’d take whataburger 9 times out of 10 and Tucker’s 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Too many other places to get a good burger in OKC. In-n-out not sure would do all that great. I wouldn't go out of my way for one in okc. I would go to El Reno or Nic's or Patty Wagon or S&B burger joint Tuckers is good Garage is good I could name about 5 other places to go before IN-N-Out
    yeah pretty much everything you said. Tuckers especially is way better and probably the most comparable to in-n-out.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    you mentioned a bunch of places that are in a different category then in n out .. (so they should be better)

IN n out's competes with Mcdonalds burger king and wendys .. that is what it is it is fast food .... just happens to be the best in its category ..

and last i checked Mcdonalds still does very well

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I like in-n-out but I’d take whataburger 9 times out of 10 and Tucker’s 10/10.
    sadly the new ownership of whataburger is slowly moving the older stores over to their food distribution, and the quality is going down when they do. all new whataburgers use this distributor and it shows. very disappointing, i hope the okc ones are able to hold off that change for as long as possible

I've been eating at one in Carlsbad California lately. Bottom line it's a decent burger for a cheap price for California. I think the price factors favorably more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    yeah pretty much everything you said. Tuckers especially is way better and probably the most comparable to in-n-out.
    Tucker's is fast casual. In-n-Out is fast food. Whataburger is the more apt comparison. Or Braum's. Or Sonic. A lot of the times people say X burger is better than In-n-Out its because they're trying to make INO compete outside of its weight class.

I've been to INO in Texas, Vegas, and California and I didn't notice any appreciable difference.

If we got an INO here it would probably enter into heavy consideration for my household whenever we're thinking of large chain fast foot burgers, but local, higher tier local places like Tucker's and Johnnie's will still be the better burgers in a head to head competition. Either way, a decent chunk of what makes INO feel "special" would be lost because ultimately a lot of it is we ain't got it here.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    sadly the new ownership of whataburger is slowly moving the older stores over to their food distribution, and the quality is going down when they do. all new whataburgers use this distributor and it shows. very disappointing, i hope the okc ones are able to hold off that change for as long as possible
    I was afraid that would happen and am not the least bit surprised. I remember when the sale was announced, they assured everyone that upholding the quality of the food would be priority number one. Yeah, right.

25. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

I emailed In-N-Out last week when I saw the New Mexico release. We could be serviced by the distribution hub in the DFW area. Here is what they said (boiler plate).

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in In-N-Out Burger®.

We apologize for any disappointment you have in our current expansion plans. We are always exploring new areas, but are careful not to open a new location until we can guarantee the same quality food and service as we provide in our existing locations. As such, we truly appreciate knowing you'd like to see us closer to you, and we'll be sure to keep Oklahoma in mind for the future.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Jennifer
    Customer Service

Thread Information