Widgets Magazine

Thread: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

Default East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

This was announced on my site the other day. I think it's a great way to expose the public to a bunch of local bands.

East Bricktown Music Fest
    August 19–20, 2005
    2 Days – 50+ Bands – 3 stages
    Outdoors, at the corner of Main Street and Joe Carter Ave. in Bricktown.
    All Ages; Children under 10 free with paid adult
    $8 per day in advance; $10 per day at the gate
    Food & beverage vendors, artist market, childrens area, and much more.

Confirmed Artists to date include:
    Matt Stansberry Band, The Stockmarket Crash, Sober Boaters, Far From Perfect, Chasing Paris, Nick Smith, Winter Circle, Surviving August, Star Crash Speedway, Ballista, Blue Review, 13 Stars, The Hamptons, Mid America, Anchors for Arsenal, Glister, Revel, Waffle, Traveler, Wednesday, Fridgebuzz, Like a Million, Sweet Action, Horse Called War, 2a.m, Hannah Wolff, ESO, Bodanga, The Dumptrucks, The New Romantic, Ephraim, Mike Hosty Duo, Magnum Opus, Gooding, Radial Angel, Red Light Knights, Dangerous Insects, Simple Tree, Slingshot Method, Hero Factor, Wreckless Process, Sugar Free Allstars, Radiant, The Bells Are..., Twenty Minutes to Vegas, Shiny Toy Guns

They're still waiting on a handful of bands to confirm.

Default Re: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

I'll definately be there. What's your site?

3. Default Re: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

Great event to have. I hope it attracts thousands to Bricktown. Anybody know where these bands are coming from?

Say what we will about the Brewers, they are committed about producing events.
    Continue the Renaissance

The ones I recognize are from OKC/Norman. You could check pollstar.com for that date and if any are touring acts they should be listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP
    I'll definately be there. What's your site?
    http://www.oklahomarock.com/

Quote Originally Posted by floater
    Great event to have. I hope it attracts thousands to Bricktown. Anybody know where these bands are coming from?

Say what we will about the Brewers, they are committed about producing events.
    Most of them are from Oklahoma.

There will be a handful of them from Texas, California, etc. Most of those haven't been announced yet.

7. Default Re: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

Thanks guys. I'm not a big rock fan, but l'll catch some of the action as well.
    Continue the Renaissance

8. Default Re: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

Hey djryanla, do you know which bands will be playing on which days? I looked at the OklahomaRock website and everything's listed for Friday. Also, what time does this event "open" and "close"?

They haven't announced with bands play which day. I'll update it here when they do.

Gates open at 5pm Friday and 1pm on Saturday. I imagine things will last until 2am on both days.

10. Default Re: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

Great! Thanks for the info. I think a small group of us OKCTalk Singles are going to go on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Out of all of these, I'd say don't miss The Hero Factor, Twenty Minutes to Vegas, 2AM, Shiny Toy Guns, Gooding and The Stock Market Crash. That's not to say the other bands are bad, but these bands are just really, really good.

Friday, August 19

OUTSIDE STAGE, corner of Main Street and Joe Carter Ave. (behind
    Bricktown Live):
    The Effects (11:15pm), The Hero Factor (10:30pm), Hosty Duo (10pm), Twenty Minutes to Vegas (9:30pm), Matt Stansberry Band (9pm), Chasing Paris (8:30pm), Winter Circle (8pm), Nick Smith (7:30pm), 13 Stars (7pm), Sober Boaters (6:30pm), 2AM (6pm)

INSIDE STAGE - Bricktown Live:
    Waffle (11:15pm), Force of Habitt (10:30pm), Anchors for Arsenal (9:45pm), Horse Called War (9pm), Far From Perfect (8:15pm), Bodanga (7:30pm), The New Romantic (6:45pm), Glister (6pm)

Saturday, August 20

OUTSIDE STAGE, corner of Main Street and Joe Carter Ave. (behind Bricktown Live):
    Shiny Toy Guns (11:15pm), Gooding (10:30pm), Radiant (9:45pm), Blue Review (9pm), Traveler (8:15pm), The Stock Market Crash (7:45pm), Hannah Wolff (7:15pm), Radial Angel (6:45pm), Sugar Free All-Stars (6:15pm), Surviving August (5:45pm), Revel (5:15pm), Mid America (4:45pm), Ballista (4:15pm), Wednesday (3:45pm), The Bells Are (3:15pm), Headroom (2:45pm), Simple Tree (2:15pm)

INSIDE STAGE - Bricktown Live:
    Magnum Opus (10:45pm), The Hamptons (9:45pm), Slingshot Method (9pm), The Electric **** Orchestra (8:15pm), Sweet Action (7:30pm), Ephraim (6:45pm), Distal (6pm), Red Light Knights (5:15pm), Wreckless Process (4:30pm), Star Crash Speedway (3:45pm), Like a Million (3pm)

I walked by last night. Some lame band who thought they were Coldplay were howling away onstage. Not very enticing.

How was the turnout?

I stopped by twice in the afternoon, didn't look like more than 40 people either time. As hot as it was I wasn't surprised by the low numbers.

14. Default Re: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

there were tons on friday night, i mean tons of people, saturday, my band played...to about no one. lol. saturday was plagued by hot weather, big metal show at the ford center, and other quality shows around town.

there was a lot going on this weekend. Competition was stiff. The Stones tribute was pretty full on Saturday.

16. Default Re: East Bricktown Music Festival - August 19-20

The club Pure opened in Bricktown Friday night. Another contemporary place, except all new and decked out in white. Lines all night long there.

Yes, there a lot goin' on Friday, but the crowds at the EBM were still unimpressive. Hopefully, this will be one of the cases where organizers figure out what could have been done to better promote and execute it (i.e. there were no programs listing who was playing when) and make adjustments. Perhaps it will also just take time for the event to widen its appeal.
    Continue the Renaissance

The rain Saturday night didn't help matters.

RockStar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by djryanla
    The rain Saturday night didn't help matters.
    What also didn't help was the fact that the indoor venue had unusually POOR sound. I've watched several bands at BTL and the sound quality is usually pretty good. But in this case, it was way too loud and no one could even hear many of the band's vocals. (That was a positive in a few cases!)

Streams of people would come in, hold their ears, and leave. I saw one band ask for their vocals to be turned up, but the soundguy wasn't even at the board. If I were in one of the bands that played the event, I would have been outraged. I along with the others in my party eventually left and went to other venues in Bricktown even though we all paid the $10. When we found out our ticket wasn't even good for Saturday, that was the last straw.

There were no band schedules/programs and no website to promote the event or it's participants. . It was nothing more than a $$$ maker for the organizers, IMHO.

Thread Information