Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 45 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Weather Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Time to end the year...already. Severe weather chances remain through November but go down in December. Typically this can be a pretty rough time of year with varieties of weather, but we'll see what happens.

NEW CHAT ROOM - The new chat room is fully operational with no issues. The permanant link to get to is: Live Chat | Weather Spotlight

NWS Norman
    | Storm Prediction Center | Mesonet | Home Page | West Texas Mesonet | NWS Norman Fire Weather Forecasts | OK Road Conditions

Forecast Models | How To View Data in HRRR | SPC Percentages and Categorical Risk Level | How to Read Skew-T Charts

Severe Weather Values Reference Guide:
    The Southern Indiana Weather Spotter's Reference -or- SEVERE WEATHER INDICES PAGE

Current Conditions

Norman Warning Area Map Tulsa County Warning Area Map
    Tornado Warning | Tornado Watch | Severe Thunderstorm Warning | Severe Thunderstorm Watch
    Red Flag Warning | Fire Warning | Severe Weather Statement | Special Weather Statement
    Hazardous Weather Outlook | Fire Weather Watch
    Other Color Meanings: Web-Based Watch/Warning/Advisory Map Colors - NOAA's National Weather Service
    Oklahoma Mesonet Current Conditions
    Red - Air Temp, Green - Dewpoint, Barbs - Wind Speed/Direction, Gray - Gusts, Blue - Precip since Midnight
    Severe Weather Information

SPC Convection (Severe Weather) Outlooks

*Click any above graphic to view discussion.*

Day 1 Outlook Tornado Outlook Wind Outlook Hail Outlook
    Day 2 Outlook Day 2 Probabilistic Outlook Day 3 Outlook Day 3 Probabilistic Outlook
    State Radar Images
    Visible Satellite Image

Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Tuesday could be a real soaker.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Some rain out there right now and a good ol' SE wind for the night.

Models pushing heaviest rain further and further east.

Still looking like a solid inch in OKC area. Will have to see where heavier bands setup heading into tomorrow morning.

I'm hearing rumors of a big storm in about 12 days with cold air.
    Any confirmation?

Yup, OKC will get around 2 inches of ice with NW OK getting slammed with a foot of snow.

Ah yes, the first winter storm of the season bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Yup, OKC will get around 2 inches of ice with NW OK getting slammed with a foot of snow.

You wouldn’t be pulling our legs would you?

I was told by December 12, there would be so much snow on the ground, steel support beams would have to be erected over the roads to create tunnels so people can drive, on the account of the snow being 34ft. high

9. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I was told by December 12, there would be so much snow on the ground, steel support beams would have to be erected over the roads to create tunnels so people can drive, on the account of the snow being 34ft. high

10. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

LOL you are terrible.

No winter wx showing up right now. Bread and Milk Watch cancelled for now.

nice!

12. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

No major snow threats showing up the next 14 days give or take. Some bouts of cool to cold air here and then, but nothing major. Towards Thanksgiving week models want to start pooling up a bunch of arctic air in western Canada, so we have to keep an eye on that.

***THE OKCTALK WEATHER OFFICE IN OKC HAS ISSUED A BREAD AND MILK WATCH FOR YOUR VIEWING AREA***

Showers and some rumbles of thunder developing in SW OK right now. Expect this to spread north and east into this evening.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Line of "storms" running from Medford to Enid to Arapaho, down to west of Cordell and over west of Hollis.

Strongest cells are near Cordell with some small hail and back west of Hollis. Everything is moving NE for the most part. The front will push this line east through the evening. Nothing major expected. Some noise and heavy rain. Maybe a few smaller hail stones as well.

OKC metro was skipped over by some of the heavier stuff. Norman and Guthrie almost got 2 inches of rain. While the heart of OKC saw on average just over half an inch.

We are starting to run out of time to break the rainfall record.

As the map shows, interesting how the rain concentrated along four narrow, long bands through the state. As with Guthrie, Stillwater didn't get bypassed. There, wunderground and meso had amounts reported around 1.5". And Stillwater is starting to run out of time to get up to the average amount with 30 to 34 in. of rain in the area. Average is 36.71".

17. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Next week could get pretty interesting, especially north of the area. Need to stay tuned if things change.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Next week could get pretty interesting, especially north of the area. Need to stay tuned if things change.
    Could you please explain.

Thanks

It's getting cooler and the wind is out of the north, away from the eastern cedar infested lands to the south of Mustang. I am happy.

Hello everyone! My name is Amber, and I live in Tulsa. Long time follower, but first time poster. LOVE the weather, but tracking winter storms are my favorite hobby. I believe Venture was referring to the crazy Euro last night. This will probably not happen....so take it with a grain of salt. However....this is fun to look at and dream!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	999747_591212160915539_871788694_n.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	4976

Quote Originally Posted by ouamber View Post
    Hello everyone! My name is Amber, and I live in Tulsa. Long time follower, but first time poster. LOVE the weather, but tracking winter storms are my favorite hobby. I believe Venture was referring to the crazy Euro last night. This will probably not happen....so take it with a grain of salt. However....this is fun to look at and dream!Click image for larger version. 

Welcome to the board.... Please don't be a stranger.
    That's good INFO and sort of what I was asking about in post #5

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Welcome to the board.... Please don't be a stranger.
    That's good INFO and sort of what I was asking about in post #5
    so we are having a mid November blizzard next week!

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    Well, I don't know... That's why I was asking the experts... But they don't know but its not like anyone would hold them accountable for a 14 day forecast in our state.
    My main concern is the home OU - ISU game that I will attend regardless of WX. I just hope its a an 11 am kickoff and not at night. The TV folks have declared a 6 day window so we won't know the kick off time until Saturday night or Sunday.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    I wouldn't rush out to buy the snowblower just yet.

25. Default Re: Oklahoma Weather Discussion - November/December 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ouamber View Post

Indeed Amber. Though the track of everything is way out of whack. GFS has been all over the place, but to make it clear, hasn't shown anything over 6" over Oklahoma next week...and most of it melting in a day or two. These significant run to run consistencies just make it not worth spending a lot of time diving into specifics on them. If we start to see a similar solution last three consecutive runs then we can start getting excited a little...with out the hype of 4 and 9 of course.

Thread Information