Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Frank

Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Don't bet on it.
    I would bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Did you guys even follow the chat or read the transcript? I took NO pot shot at OKC Talk or anyone else. I said I was aware of another development being planned near the 11th and Shartel area, but I did not know anything about the one being reported here at OKC Talk. I've had a private conversation with Pete, we do have differences, but I owned up to my part of the prior offense.
    For those of you reading these comments about me being juvenile, etc., here's what was said:

guest 11:49 a.m. Steve are you aware of another multi family project somewhere close to the announced project at 11th and shartel?
    Steve Lackmeyer 11:49 a.m. Yes. But not what has been reported on another website.

Andrew Perry - REALLY? This is snarky? And Catch22, you just jump right in and take Andrew's word I've said something snarky? Good grief people. Go find yourselves another boogieman. Pete and I have had some differences over the development reports for Memorial Road. My big beef was always with the TV news reports, which had no basis or sourcing whatsoever. But I was wrong to even throw in OKC Talk (not naming it). It was wrong, and I've apologized to Pete. I've done nothing wrong on this. You guys are engaging in personal attacks and mis-portraying what was said in the chat.
    This is all I'm going to say.
    Snark might have been too tough of a word. To me it felt like you were trying to discredit OKCTalk. If I misunderstood your comment, I'm sorry. I have a lot of respect for what you do and didn't mean for it to be a stab at you.

Personally, I'm ready for a few verses of Cumbaya. Steve does a great job and Pete does a great job, but they both do something different and, I believe, complimentary. I would feel like we were lacking something if either one's voice wasn't being heard. It's very hard to interpret tone on the Internet, and that creates misinterpretation. Lets let both of them do their job and appreciate them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Personally, I'm ready for a few verses of Cumbaya. Steve does a great job and Pete does a great job, but they both do something different and, I believe, complimentary. I would feel like we were lacking something if either one's voice wasn't being heard. It's very hard to interpret tone on the Internet, and that creates misinterpretation. Lets let both of them do their job and appreciate them for it.
    Yes, I just read Steve's post with a whiny agitated tone cause it reads like a complaint.

No, that was not your point. Your point was to join Mr. Perry in giving a false portrayal of what I said and making a personal attack on me. Now let's move on.
    Negative ghost rider. I don't have a personal vendetta against you. Build a wall buddy, build a wall...

6. Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Negative ghost rider. I don't have a personal vendetta against you. Build a wall buddy, build a wall...
    Now you're just being silly. Let's move on now, shall we?

Now you're just being silly. Let's move on now, shall we?
    Sounds like a perfect plan to me siwwy wabbit!

8. Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

To refresh:
    guest 11:49 a.m. Steve are you aware of another multi family project somewhere close to the announced project at 11th and shartel?
    Steve Lackmeyer 11:49 a.m. Yes. But not what has been reported on another website.
    And this:
    From blighted to booming: Midtown becoming 'downtown neighborhood' | News OK

Modest in size, but we can expect some serious style.

Yes, after Steve had told me that he was very sure that Midtown Renaissance was not developing any part of the Physicians/Surgeons parking lot, I realized that my source had the general area right but the exact location wrong.

In fact, I had looked at the County Assessor and realized MidtownR owned that lot in the same area and assumed that is where this project was happening. Then, I circled back to my source who was trying to confirm that.

Now, this all makes sense.

So, 43 new units at 1201 N. Francis... And that's a decent number and this looks like an exciting project.

Still hope something happens in that massive parking lot and with everything filling up around it, the likelihood of that certainly increases.

11. Default Re: 1201 N. Francis Apartments

Midtown Renaissance is not developing the parking lot at Physicians Tower. But Pete, I'm not entirely certain that you were wrong about SOMETHING set to happen there.... I'll explain tomorrow after making some phone calls.

Default Re: 1201 N. Francis Apartments

Steve! Feels like we have a snowball rolling downhill in Midtown. Pretty exciting news! Thanks!

What I like about this announcement and the Gary Brooks property is how close to Classen the residential boom is moving. Ultimately I envision Classen Blvd. becoming a more human-scale environment. It is a great street in the heart of OKC and it's a shame it's deteriorated to the degree it has. So much potential.

For those who can't yet read the entire article.

Midtown Renaissance Group, meanwhile, confirmed to The Oklahoman on Tuesday plans to build a 43-unit, four-story apartment building at 1201 N Francis Ave. Abode Development also confirmed construction is set to start on the Lisbon Lofts at NW 9 and Shartel. The complex will feature seven for-sale condominiums in a series of modern-style, three-story buildings.

The Midtown Renaissance complex represents the last undeveloped property owned by the developers, who have assembled dozens of properties throughout Midtown. The property at 1201 N Frances neighbors three other former flop houses renovated into 16 upscale apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    For those who can't yet read the entire article.
    Haven't read the full article, but is that "Abode Development?" I thought the name of the company developing Lisbon is Mode Development.

By the way, the renderings on that building look killer.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Haven't read the full article, but is that "Abode Development?" I thought the name of the company developing Lisbon is Mode Development.

By the way, the renderings on that building look killer.
    You're correct.

mode development - oklahoma city, ok | about.me

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, after Steve had told me that he was very sure that Midtown Renaissance was not developing any part of the Physicians/Surgeons parking lot, I realized that my source had the general area right but the exact location wrong.

In fact, I had looked at the County Assessor and realized MidtownR owned that lot in the same area and assumed that is where this project was happening. Then, I circled back to my source who was trying to confirm that.

Now, this all makes sense.

So, 43 new units at 1201 N. Francis... And that's a decent number and this looks like an exciting project.

Still hope something happens in that massive parking lot and with everything filling up around it, the likelihood of that certainly increases.
    The scary thing is that I believe you that there are high-profile development decision-makers who wouldn't know one site or one intersection from another, let alone their head from their ass. Such is life..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The scary thing is that I believe you that there are high-profile development decision-makers who wouldn't know one site or one intersection from another, let alone their head from their ass. Such is life..
    Feeling extra cheery tonight?

HangryHippo Guest

Man, I just hate the design for this. I'm now leery of what MidtownR has planned for their 10th St block as I just hate their ground up construction designs.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Man, I just hate the design for this. I'm now leery of what MidtownR has planned for their 10th St block as I just hate their ground up construction designs.
    What would you like to see instead?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    What would you like to see instead?
    Upon further review, I think what I don't like about this project is the way the windows are being used. But I'll see if I can't find some renderings of similar sized housing projects that I prefer to give you an idea of what I'd rather see.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Upon further review, I think what I don't like about this project is the way the windows are being used. But I'll see if I can't find some renderings of similar sized housing projects that I prefer to give you an idea of what I'd rather see.
    Looks to me like the windows swivel. That's a different concept. Building looks "rad"!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As an added benefit, these 43 units will prevent the creation of 43 units on the suburban fringe which would take up over 10 acres.

Yes, this tract is only about .16 acres, so 43 units is pretty dense.

I think they tried to make it fit the site using windows and a brick facade similar to the building to the north. I like it. I don't love it, but I do like it.

Thread Information