Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Frank

Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

Today, in his chat, Steve mentioned not hearing about this development. He kind of did it in a snarky way as usual. I'm not sure why he seems so intent on discrediting OKCTalk all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    Today, in his chat, Steve mentioned not hearing about this development. He kind of did it in a snarky way as usual. I'm not sure why he seems so intent on discrediting OKCTalk all of the time.
    Because it isn't true until the DOK/Steve run a story. His juvenile attitude towards this board is tiring.

In Steve's defense he's been trashed by a few people on this board who seem to have a personal vendetta against him. His participation here gives him no upside, only downside. He isn't compensated, he's vulnerable to snarky and immature attacks by anonymous posters, everything he says (even outside his role as a journalist) can jeopardize his employment, and he must keep confidential everything shared with him in trust. His contributions make this board more valuable, and I'd like to see other journalists participate to the extent that he has. I'm not sure if any others have publicly posted here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tomokc View Post
    I'd like to see other journalists participate to the extent that he has. I'm not sure if any others have publicly posted here at all.
    There have been several, though they might not be obvious to most posters.

I swear to god I saw some renderings on this project. Where did they go?

In Steve's defense he's been trashed by a few people on this board who seem to have a personal vendetta against him. His participation here gives him no upside, only downside. He isn't compensated, he's vulnerable to snarky and immature attacks by anonymous posters, everything he says (even outside his role as a journalist) can jeopardize his employment, and he must keep confidential everything shared with him in trust. His contributions make this board more valuable, and I'd like to see other journalists participate to the extent that he has. I'm not sure if any others have publicly posted here at all.
    By no means does that mean that a) Pete's sources (or anyone else for that fact) are not credible and b) Steve still makes posts on here every once in a while so he's not completely through with this site. Just cause Steve got into a tussell does not mean that this site is bad for him. He just doesn't know how to conduct business outside of the business section of the Daily Disappointment!

There have never been any posted renderings of this project.

You might be thinking of the 10th & Shartel Apartments that have been officially announced.

Yeah some people here need to grow the **** up, keep there mouths shut, or in the least become more constructive in their criticism. I appreciate Steve's contributions here and some of the flak he takes is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    He just doesn't know how to conduct business outside of the business section of the Daily Disappointment!
    That was my point - Steve CAN'T post here outside of his capacity as a reporter with the DO. His job would be in jeopardy if he did.

That was my point - Steve CAN'T post here outside of his capacity as a reporter with the DO. His job would be in jeopardy if he did.
    But...................he DOES post still. You just mean that he doesn't reveal anything here that he can only reveal at DOK.

10. Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

Did you guys even follow the chat or read the transcript? I took NO pot shot at OKC Talk or anyone else. I said I was aware of another development being planned near the 11th and Shartel area, but I did not know anything about the one being reported here at OKC Talk. I've had a private conversation with Pete, we do have differences, but I owned up to my part of the prior offense.
    For those of you reading these comments about me being juvenile, etc., here's what was said:

guest 11:49 a.m. Steve are you aware of another multi family project somewhere close to the announced project at 11th and shartel?
    Steve Lackmeyer 11:49 a.m. Yes. But not what has been reported on another website.

Andrew Perry - REALLY? This is snarky? And Catch22, you just jump right in and take Andrew's word I've said something snarky? Good grief people. Go find yourselves another boogieman. Pete and I have had some differences over the development reports for Memorial Road. My big beef was always with the TV news reports, which had no basis or sourcing whatsoever. But I was wrong to even throw in OKC Talk (not naming it). It was wrong, and I've apologized to Pete. I've done nothing wrong on this. You guys are engaging in personal attacks and mis-portraying what was said in the chat.
    This is all I'm going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Yeah some people here need to grow the **** up, keep there mouths shut, or in the least become more constructive in their criticism. I appreciate Steve's contributions here and some of the flak he takes is ridiculous.
    +1. agreed

12. Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

Thanks guys. I'll admit I could have worded my tweets better on Memorial Road better (Pete and I have very different info coming from very different sets of sources - doesn't make either of us stupid or wrong). But when you look at the transcript... what the heck was juvenile or snarky there?

But...................he DOES post still. You just mean that he doesn't reveal anything here that he can only reveal at DOK.
    Put yourself in the mind of a journalist. That should answer all of your questions.

His paycheck comes from The Oklahoman. Steve's not an employee of OKCTalk. Where would YOU post your scoops? He has bills to pay, too.

Put yourself in the mind of a journalist. That should answer all of your questions.
    This has probably already been asked and answered, yet, when you use the word "journalist" (and the related phrase "mind of a journalist") you aren't including anything related to the word (and/or phrase) Ogle/Lost Ogle . . . are you? I'm old school, yet I still believe that there is an essential difference between a PR Hack/Internet Blogger and a Journalist.

No judgment here . . . simply trying to figure out what mind into which I should place myself.

And, please be advised that I don't regret, nor do I covet, not going after The Secret Key to The Gifted School of Journalism.
    obviously. =)

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    His paycheck comes from The Oklahoman. Steve's not an employee of OKCTalk. Where would YOU post your scoops? He has bills to pay, too.
    Duh. Not a moron here. Lol

My point to make was that Steve is not the only person in the WHOLE state of Oklahoma with credible sources. Therefore he doesn't need to deny anything that is posted here.

My point to make was that Steve is not the only person in the WHOLE state of Oklahoma with credible sources. Therefore he doesn't need to deny anything that is posted here.
    Hear, Hear!
    (where, where?)
    (here, here)
    (there, there)
    etc. etc. . . .
    etc.....

Back on Topic: I always felt 12th and Shartel looked pretty darn good every time I drove through there.
    If it is going to look even better, then I'm all for it. And I don't have a dime invested either way. =)

It is so annoying that instead of talking about another fantastic addition to our development boom, this article discussion has been hijacked by the usual vendetta against Steve. I broke my trend of always defending him this year, but that's only because I always react to facts and what I know to be true. Steve's participation here is complicated for him but he does it anyway.

19. Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

No, that was not your point. Your point was to join Mr. Perry in giving a false portrayal of what I said and making a personal attack on me. Now let's move on.

20. Default Re: 12th & Shartel Apartments

Steve and Pete, I am nothing more than an occasional contributor on what I consider a greatly entertaining and informative sight. I don't spend hours a day here and, honestly, I have no idea what is being discussed about issues between you and Pete. I just want to say that I very much appreciate your contributions on here and in the DOK. As for the paper, the business section has long been a point of contention for me because I believe to be a truly growth oriented city, there needs to be growth oriented, business-centric reporting. Since MAPS1 and those original projects, OKC has been a fascinating place to watch grow and rediscover it's confidence. There is still a long, long way to go but OKC is on it's way and I thank both you and Pete for the information on here. For someone who will always be "OKC" but lives out of town, I love being able to come here to supplement my other news from home. Thanks again. Whatever is going on, some of us appreciate you both very much.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    I have yet to see Steve discredit this site in any way shape or form, other than the poorly worded tweet of the Memorial development, which had no agenda or point. I think the thing is, Steve operates within facts and concrete evidence, and with all due respect, Pete doesn't or at least with 100% confirmation that it is a go. That in no way shape or form means Pete's sources bad. I firmly trust Pete and Steve I am very excited for this development coming on Memorial.

Pete doesn't however, have a paycheck that would be jeopardized if he came out and said we are getting a new awesome development on Memorial and it didn't happen, so he can come out with more "risky" announcements of future projects. Again, I trust Pete and what he says as well as Steve, but saying he his being snarky and discrediting this site just because he coming out and saying that he can confirm new developments just because they were shown on OKCTalk, is very unfair to him as a journalist and inconsiderate, imo.

Anyways, that what I get from all of it.

So, back to topic: Is this project happening?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    So, back to topic: Is this project happening?
    Don't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    It is so annoying that instead of talking about another fantastic addition to our development boom, this article discussion has been hijacked by the usual vendetta against Steve. I broke my trend of always defending him this year, but that's only because I always react to facts and what I know to be true. Steve's participation here is complicated for him but he does it anyway.
    I'm not sure that it's true, yet I've been programmed to believe that is it always better to respond--rather than to "always react"--to just about any situation. I think that was drilled into me in about First Grade . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Don't bet on it.
    Why?

Thread Information