Midtown Lift

NW Corner 10th & Shartel
    owner= Milhaus Development
    cost=$42.5 million
    architect= ADG OKC
    |start= June 17, 2014
    finish=2017
    height=5 floors
    329 apartments, 4,500 sq. ft. of retail, parking structure with 455 spaces, angled parking on 10th

Information & Latest News

Officially titled "LIFT" on construction drawings.

4/30/14: $30 million building permit
    12/18/13: City Council approves $3 million in TIF funding
    10/24/13: $42.5 million apartment complex announced for Midtown

Former site of Plaza Tower Hotel built in 1960, closed in 1966 and demolished in the early 90's.
    Links

Downtown Housing Summary
    Urban Project Summary
    County Assessor Record
    OKC Mod Article on old Plaza Tower Hotel

Gallery

307 NW 13th * 816 N. Walker * 1201 N. Francis * 123 Garage * Ambassador Hotel * Bleu Garten * Broadway 10 * Buick Building * Catholic Charities * Edge @ Midtown * Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl * Garage Burgers * GE Global Research * Guardian * Jerky.com * LIFT * Lisbon Lofts * Marion * Mayfair Apartments * Metropolitan * OCU Law School * Oklahoma Contemporary * Packard Building * Packard's * Pontiac Building * Pop-up Shops * R&J Lounge and Supper Club * Saint Anthony Expansion * Sidecar * Sunbeam * Viceroy Grille * Walker Building
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liftsign.jpg 
Views:	1406 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	7776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10469510234_febc9894bd_o.jpg 
Views:	767 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	4844   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stanthony102413.jpg 
Views:	4539 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	4847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img625_plazatower.jpg 
Views:	4259 
Size:	525.9 KB 
ID:	4999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plaza Tower Hotel b&w compressed.jpeg 
Views:	612 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	5000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plazatowera-2.jpg 
Views:	4125 
Size:	573.6 KB 
ID:	5001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plazatowerb-2.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	754.2 KB 
ID:	5002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10thshartel3.jpg 
Views:	1082 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	5055  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10thshartel2.jpg 
Views:	3664 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	5054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10shartel11614b.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	6196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10shartel11614c.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	6197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siteplan11614a.jpg 
Views:	719 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	6198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liftnew1.jpg 
Views:	2199 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	7671   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIFTnew2.jpg 
Views:	3590 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	8668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liftnew3.jpg 
Views:	3723 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	8669  

Default Re: 10th and Shartel Midtown Apartments

Holy crap this is awesome!!! Midtown is exploding right now!

3. Default Re: 10th and Shartel Midtown Apartments

WOW! Freakin awesome!!!!!

Awesome! I didn't realize this was so close to breaking.

This would be the NW corner of 10th & Shartel and is owned by St. Anthony Hospital. All the properties owned by Saints are show in purple below.

Remember that Lisbon Lofts will go on the NW corner of 9th & Shartel.

From Steve's article.

The influx of housing in Midtown is set to gain another 327 apartments with a partnership between local developer Gary Brooks and Indianapolis-based Milhaus Development.
    Brooks, whose Cornerstone Development is building the $36 million, 250-unit Edge apartments at NW 13 and Walker Avenue, will be partnering with Milhaus in building a $42.5 million, five-story complex at NW 10 and Shartel Avenue.
    The project marks significant milestones for both companies. Brooks also is developing The Steel Yard apartments and retail in Bricktown, which, when both phases are built, will total 376 units. All together, his downtown area residential development totals just under 1,000 apartment units.
    The design is unlike any residential development underway, completed or contemplated downtown or elsewhere in Oklahoma City.

The building will be five stories high and face the northwest corner of NW 10 and Shartel Avenue roundabout, with an all-glass facade on the ground level of the corner where 4,500 square feet will be available for retail space.

Three very different balcony styles and sizes face the two main streets. The facade, meanwhile, will consist of cement boards, metal, glass and masonry.

Unlike other large complexes being built downtown, the 455-space garage will be built on the outer northwest corner of the property. That corner faces surface parking on both sides, including a planned new headquarters for Catholic Charities of Oklahoma.

Incredible! And great design concept by ADG.

Gary Brooks is a rock star for OKC and Midtown.

Will bchris think this sucks? Is Tulsa better?

Just kidding, bro.

This is significant for another reason...

It represents another example of outside investors/developers jumping into our central core market.

The first was Metropolitan and at that time I predicted it was likely the beginning of a big change and possibly a tremendous accelerant.

Remember, virtually all the dozens and dozens of projects we've seen in the last decade were done with local developers and their financial resources.

Imagine how fast things could go if we started to get lots of outside capital and expertise.

Here are some of the other projects done by Brooks' partner, Indianapolis based Milhaus Development:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is significant for another reason...

It represents another example of outside investors/developers jumping into our central core market.

The first was Metropolitan and at that time I predicted it was likely the beginning of a big change and possibly a tremendous accelerant.

Remember, virtually all the dozens and dozens of projects we've seen in the last decade were done with local developers and their financial resources.

Imagine how fast things could go if we started to get lots of outside capital and expertise.
    Seems like they're already going.

Another important element: this will only be one block away from the Streetcar! We're finally getting the dense, urban environment we've wanted for many years. The transformation of OKC over the next four or five years is going to be dramatic.

As fast as things seem to be moving, I think the pace could pick up considerably due to the interest of outsiders and also the freeing up of the capital markets.

Here are some of the other projects done by Brooks' partner, Indianapolis based Milhaus Development:
    Sexy. I like them.

I have great respect for what the many local developers have done thus far but it's always good to get some outside perspective, especially from those that have done successful urban development elsewhere.

I have great respect for what the many local developers have done thus far but it's always good to get some outside perspective, especially from those that have done successful urban development elsewhere.
    Yes. I'm thrilled we've had local folks pony up the bucks on the early projects, but some of the design quality is not that impressive. I still salute their efforts.

This and The Metropolitan look like a big step forward design wise, this even more so. I just wish these were for-sale projects, because my family is ready to move to Midtown right now.

Any idea when this is set to break ground?

Holy sh**! This is freaking awesome!

Five stories? Somebody slap me!

Wow. Things are popping now.

Steve hinted in a recent chat that there would be a number of exciting announcements for OKC over the next 60 days. This has to be one of them.

Curious: how many new downtown residents will we have in five years? Also, when will MidTown Renaissance announce their housing project on 10th, and how many residents will it hold?

These are exciting times for our city.

Gary Brooks has risen to the top of that list of local developers in my opinion. I am no expert in residential development by any means, but his last three projects will are very well done. I happened to be in the OCURA meeting when he presented his revised plan for the Steel Yard and he seems to be like "old school" developers who want to leave something to be proud of in a couple decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Holy sh**! This is freaking awesome!

Five stories? Somebody slap me!

Wow. Things are popping now.
    I was looking at a design the other day of an 8 story apartment complex that's about to break ground in Los Angeles & though to myself "I wonder when OKC will start getting developments like that". Well, this is actually a similar design to that complex in LA, it's just 3 stories shorter. Sort of a funny coincidence.

Viva La Taller Apartments In OKC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Curious: how many new downtown residents will we have in five years?
    I would think that a conservative estimate would be 2 - 3 thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I would think that a conservative estimate would be 2 - 3 thousand.
    We should shoot for 20,000. Need to start building some high rises.

I have no problem with that but it won't happen in the next 5 years.

Not only is it good to have fresh viewpoints and ideas, but, concerning outside developers... THERE'S A LOT MORE OF THEM! And they come in toting that big load of OUTSIDE CASH. $$$$

As shown in the Downtown Housing Summary, there were 3,500 multi-family units (existing and firm proposals) before this last spate of announcements.

We are now around 4,000 (will update summary tomorrow) and at 2 people per unit, that would be 8,000... And that's not including single-family.

Quote Originally Posted by architect2010 View Post
    ^ like!

I wonder what kind of high-rise could we realistically expect though? I really think if OKC becomes progressive enough will having aggressive developers to tackle this, we could perhaps support a 55-60 story high-rise such as The Austonian in Austin, in about 5 years.

http://www.pitchengine.com/theauston...taining-spaces

This would be awesome in the C2S area overlooking the new park.

Thread Information