Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

More details on Sunnyside. I hope this happens and transforms one of the ugliest corners in Edmond.

https://newsok.com/article/5594871/s...ervice-station

^^^^
    I couldn't agree more. This is going to be a good fit for this area. Now if only that unsightly audiology clinic next door could get a little love...

Decided to give the new Cajun spot in town a try Monday. C’est Si Bon 308 W Edmond Rd. Basically the corner of 2nd and Fretz. I’d looked at the menu on line and liked what I saw. I love Cajun food so I try to get by any new spot I can find.

I like spicy. I’m not picky. My go to at most Cajun spots is the etouffe. So that’s what I went with. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed. It tasted as if the roux wasn’t cooked long enough. A very “floury “ taste and texture. Very little flavor and almost no spice (kick). I had to add tobasco to kick it up. At most places it’s usually spicy enough that it doesn’t need help.
    I’ve had etouffe at several spots around Edmond/OKC and sadly this one is the worst I’ve had and it’s not close!

All that being said, I’ll go back for another chance. I’d like to try the catfish and one of the po boys...but not the etouffe ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Decided to give the new Cajun spot in town a try Monday. C’est Si Bon 308 W Edmond Rd. Basically the corner of 2nd and Fretz. I’d looked at the menu on line and liked what I saw. I love Cajun food so I try to get by any new spot I can find.

I like spicy. I’m not picky. My go to at most Cajun spots is the etouffe. So that’s what I went with. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed. It tasted as if the roux wasn’t cooked long enough. A very “floury “ taste and texture. Very little flavor and almost no spice (kick). I had to add tobasco to kick it up. At most places it’s usually spicy enough that it doesn’t need help.
    I’ve had etouffe at several spots around Edmond/OKC and sadly this one is the worst I’ve had and it’s not close!

All that being said, I’ll go back for another chance. I’d like to try the catfish and one of the po boys...but not the etouffe ever again!
    Must be an Edmond thing. The MWC location is awesome!

Possible. The place was dead. One other customer for take out when I was there. I'll definitely give it another try. I appreciate them opening in Edmond. Just disappointed in the etouffe!
    IMG_0060 (1).JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG

sorry the pics downloaded sideways. Hopefully everyone can see the menu.

They had a location out in midwest/del city too. I was disappointed by my visit. I didn't get anything uniquely cajun, but I left thinking I'm glad I know Sam's Southern Eatery exists. What cajun places do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    They had a location out in midwest/del city too. I was disappointed by my visit. I didn't get anything uniquely cajun, but I left thinking I'm glad I know Sam's Southern Eatery exists. What cajun places do you recommend?
    I don't have much experience with Cajun food the the Cajun King buffet was excellent. In addition to the buffet, they bring out fresh fried catfish with a honey dipping sauce. Very tasty.

ETA: I'm assuming you are not limiting it to Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I don't have much experience with Cajun food the the Cajun King buffet was excellent. In addition to the buffet, they bring out fresh fried catfish with a honey dipping sauce. Very tasty.

ETA: I'm assuming you are not limiting it to Edmond.
    You would be correct. I did enjoy the Cajun King when it was in Norman. Especially the fresh fried catfish!

9. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Must be an Edmond thing. The MWC location is awesome!
    That's what I'm thinking... Etouffe is what I usually go there for and I've never been disappointed in either of the Mid-Del locations version of it.

IMO, Off The Hook is easily the best cajun place in OKC. They have a small location at Britton & Broadway Extension, and a larger location at Meridian & SW 19th that also has longer hours.

11. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but the Mexican food truck, Taco Loco, at 15th and Boulevard (SW corner gas station) is legit. We've been there a few times now (most recently last night) and the street tacos are very, very good. As good as any you'll get in S. OKC. Plus, they are still just $1 and $1.50 - 3 tacos with rice and beans $5. Been quesadilla ($5) is excellent too.

Every time I've been there has been 4-5 other people getting food too.

Shaking seafood is closing this Sunday, heads up. Being replaced by a breakfast place, I think?

Shaking seafood is closing this Sunday, heads up. Being replaced by a breakfast place, I think?
    Surprising! Such a great name - possibly even worse than their previous name "Boiling Seafood".

I was going to try that place out a couple of weeks ago but after reading the reviews of it I thought otherwise.

That strip mall isn't doing to well at having successful tenents.

Not surprised. I hope the new place is totally different ownership. The one time I went to shaking it was the same people who opened Bon Chon or at least the same wait staff. They need to move on.

Recently ate at the new seafood place just east of Sam's and west of Buffalo Wild Wings. I guess I'd return for a lunch there if a friend insisted on it -but - otherwise it rates a 4 on my 1-10 scale.

The Grand House restaurant on Broadway is gone and the new restaurant, Pho & Stir Fry is currently on their third day open.

We drove over there expecting to eat at Grand House and decided to give the new owners a try and it was quite good. I ordered an egg roll and hot & sour soup as an appetizer and the egg rolls were good and the duck sauce was exceptionally good. The hot and sour soup was also good but the fried wonton strips were excellent. My wife always likes to dip the fried wonton strips into the duck sauce so she was very happy.

We also ordered fried squid as an appetizer which came with charred onions and jalapenos on top and was good.

The real stars were the appetizers. I ordered chicken with garlic sauce and my wife ordered lemongrass pork and both were the equal of any dish we've had at Schezuan Bistro, Fungs or Golden Palace. Our friend got a seafood basket and she said it was very good as well.

We are always looking for a good sit-down Chinese restaurant since most of them we like end up closing and we feel we now have a new go-to spot in Pho & Stir Fry.

Fried squid:

IMG_20180915_130147139.jpg

Lemongrass pork and chicken with garlic sauce

IMG_20180915_130950540.jpg

Seafood dish:

IMG_20180915_131012714.jpg

I noticed last night that Rib Crib on Broadway was closed down. I know it's not a big loss for most folks, and there's an Earls just down the road, plus Klemm's. But I was sort of surprised.

20. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I noticed last night that Rib Crib on Broadway was closed down. I know it's not a big loss for most folks, and there's an Earls just down the road, plus Klemm's. But I was sort of surprised.
    Big O's also just opened up where Mutt's was and there is also Deckle Smokehouse and Texlahoma..... Edmond has quietly become a spot to find some good Q.... Just hope people will support these new mom & pop places popping up the last couple of years.

Klemm's seems to do pretty well at lunch.

I’ve given Klemm’s a couple of tries, but I just don’t like them.

They managed to somehow combine BBQ and German food, and to me it felt like they ended up with a product that doesn’t have the flavor of either. Or honestly, much flavor at all...

What is Big O's ??? Do they have a website?

Is this Big O's as in the food truck?

24. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Texlahoma is good. Very good. It's our go-to for BBQ now. I wish they were open more often, but hard to argue with a mom and pop place that likes to take a few days easy.

25. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    What is Big O's ??? Do they have a website?
    Was a food truck... Have not tried it and I know they have a Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Is this Big O's as in the food truck?
    Yep.

Thread Information