Default Re: The Rise

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Cafe 80s?

The timing is just about right...

...wouldn't it be cool if Michael J. Fox came for the grand opening? lol

2. Default Re: The Rise

Only if he arrives via hoverboard.

the sign out fron says coming fall 2013...that ain't happening. i have been wondering if this project has stalled out.

Just heard they are about 75% pre-leased.

I'm aware of FlashBack and a seafood restaurant but don't know about any other specific tenants.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    the sign out fron says coming fall 2013...that ain't happening. i have been wondering if this project has stalled out.
    I was skeptical as soon as the sign went up.

I seem to remember Hotel Motel Liquidation moved out 2 to 4 months after it sold...I assume that was more because at that point HML could pay Land Run rent while Land Run was still ironing out plans, getting leases signed etc. If there is some cool retail going in, it would be nice if they could get things together by December 1. Maybe bring in some people for Holiday shopping and get some people to see that 23rd is gaining some momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I was skeptical as soon as the sign went up.

I seem to remember Hotel Motel Liquidation moved out 2 to 4 months after it sold...I assume that was more because at that point HML could pay Land Run rent while Land Run was still ironing out plans, getting leases signed etc. If there is some cool retail going in, it would be nice if they could get things together by December 1. Maybe bring in some people for Holiday shopping and get some people to see that 23rd is gaining some momentum.
    land ran actually purchased the hotel motel liquidation it self in addition to the building .. and relocated in off of 240 .. i also heard that some of the land run partners are going to retain 1 of the retail spaces for another bar

I'm sitting on the Pizza 23 patio as I write this, looking out over The Rise and there is definitely activity.

In fact, I just saw them carry in a large spiral staircase into the far east space, which is to have the rooftop deck.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned but there has been a split at Land Run, with one of the main players leaving to do his old thing. Not sure how that has played into this development but I bet it's had an effect, as it certainly seems to be behind schedule.

I'll try and grab some photos in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sitting on the Pizza 23 patio as I write this, looking out over The Rise and there is definitely activity.

In fact, I just saw them carry in a large spiral staircase into the far east space, which is to have the rooftop deck.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned but there has been a split at Land Run, with one of the main players leaving to do his old thing. Not sure how that has played into this development but I bet it's had an effect, as it certainly seems to be behind schedule.

I'll try and grab some photos in a bit.
    Do we know if that split will help or hinder the chances of a high quality development going in just north of The Rise? If that block is developed well, it would be a huge boon to 23rd.

I've heard they have an experienced residential developer (someone who has already done a couple of great local projects) for the property to the north, so hopefully that will still go forward.

Just walked by this entire area and talked to a few people in the know and found out a great deal:

1. There is a deal inked for a seafood restaurant on the far east end of the center; on the corner of Walker & 23rd.
    2. FlashBack RetroPub will go in at the far west end.
    3. The free standing building directly north on Walker (the old Bora Bora between The Rise and proposed Pump Bar) will be a pizza place operated by the Big Truck group.
    4. Pump Bar seems to have their financing in order and is now just working on the final permits
    5. A clothing store has also signed a lease.
    6. The row of houses along 24th are all boarded up and will be renovated and leased or sold.
    7. The remaining vacant land owned by Land Run will be newly-built apartments.

Took a bunch of photos and will upload soon, along with an updated graphic that better depicts what I have described above.

P.S. It's GORGEOUS outside today!!

11. Default Re: The Rise

Just walked by this entire area and talked to a few people in the know and found out a great deal:

1. There is a deal inked for a seafood restaurant on the far east end of the center; on the corner of Walker & 23rd.
    3. The free standing building directly north on Walker (the old Bora Bora between The Rise and proposed Pump Bar) will be a pizza place operated by the Big Truck group.
    4. Pump Bar seems to have their financing in order and is now just working on the final permits
    6. The row of houses along 24th are all boarded up and will be renovated and leased or sold.

Took a bunch of photos and will upload soon, along with an updated graphic that better depicts what I have described above.

P.S. It's GORGEOUS outside today!!
    I'm really excited about this whole area. It's going to be awesome.

It would be awesome if north of 24th could incorporate some non residential components. It's never going to happen, but if you made the 2 houses on the west side retail and the 2 houses on the east side bars that could be decked in the front with large fences in the back to keep sound down for neighbors, this area would be incredible:

like this: icenhauer's | history

http://www.raineystbars.com

I'm not sure of the plans for the 4 "cottages" along 24th but the developer has only really done residential in the past so I suspect that will be the use. However, those homes could easily be configured in a similar manner to the 23rd Street Court. There is a pretty cool multi-tenant building that is part of this just to the east of the four homes, and that will almost certainly be residential.

BTW, I walked all around that neighborhood and if I was buying a home or rental property in OKC right now, that's where I would invest. Some great multi-tenant buildings all along 24th and to the north, smaller homes with great potential and easy walking distance to 23rd.

I went to Back Door BBQ about 7PM on Friday and as I was coming out to the back parking lot, there was a big crew of guys walking from their apartments (I assume) to either BDBBQ or (more likely) Grandad's. A little slice of awesomeness that you would have never, ever have seen even a year ago.

.....Took a bunch of photos and will upload soon, along with an updated graphic that better depicts what I have described above......
    Anxiously awaiting said photos.

Another pizza place in the old Bora Bora spot? Do we not have enough pizza places yet?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Another pizza place in the old Bora Bora spot? Do we not have enough pizza places yet?
    Nope. Can never have enough pizza places...

17. Default Re: The Rise

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Is this the pizza concept that Kathryn Mathis and Chris Lower of BTT, Mutt's, and Back Yard BBQ, are working on?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Is this the pizza concept that Kathryn Mathis and Chris Lower of BTT, Mutt's, and Back Yard BBQ, are working on?
    Sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Yes. I'm sure they will bring their own unique flair.

I'm going broke with all of the great new restaurants opening up. Thought a second job would help, maybe need a third.

#5 is exciting, finally some real retail.

When I here the name of this place I can't help but, think of this:

23. Default Re: The Rise

I'm doing a rainey st. style concept with the pump. I agree though I would like to see retail on the bungalows. Not going to happen though with the current owner. Also it would be difficult to pass HP.

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    I'm doing a rainey st. style concept with the pump.
    Has the design changed significantly since you last submitted to design review?

I know there was an issue with Airstream restrooms but have you made more changes?

Glad to hear this is still moving forward!

Quote Originally Posted by IanMcDermid View Post
    I'm doing a rainey st. style concept with the pump. I agree though I would like to see retail on the bungalows. Not going to happen though with the current owner. Also it would be difficult to pass HP.
    In what way are you comparing Pump to Rainey St? They seem very different to me.

Thread Information