Widgets Magazine

Thread: Soccer Fields

1. Default Soccer Fields

Does anybody know of some good open soccer fields in the city? I have seen a few but none of them seem to have nets on the goals. Some buddies and I are trying to find a place to go, but it kinda sucks having to chase the ball every time you kick it.

Default Re: Soccer Fields

I know South Lakes has a fairly extensive soccer complex. Of course they have a whole association, but I know there are plenty of times when there is no one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    Does anybody know of some good open soccer fields in the city? I have seen a few but none of them seem to have nets on the goals. Some buddies and I are trying to find a place to go, but it kinda sucks having to chase the ball every time you kick it.
    There are the club complexes - NOKC SC (North of Lake Hefner), ESC (Edmond on Danforth) and Southlakes (South OKC/Moore). As far as public soccer fields IDK if you'll find anything with nets...

New soccer complex being done in part of Woodson park (SW 29th Street at Independence)

Finding one with nets up, that is open to the public, will be pretty tough. There are a few around town that have goals up but the nets are put up only when games are scheduled to be played. If I recall there were some on the south side of the river and in the drainage area off of I-44. All the others that have been mentioned are for club use only, if I'm not mistaken.

Lightening creek I think has theirs up.

Off topic, but I hope someone might know. My kids grew up playing at Overholser in the NW Soccer Association fields. The fields now seem abandoned. Anybody know when they were dissolved?

Thread Information